• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Metaknight Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judo777

Smash Master
No, it's frame impossible roflmao, unless something's changed or I've been grossly misinformed.
Otochun Beat a good akuma with chun-li at Xmania 4.

Also i think this sounds very similar to MK.

" Life is short - BAN AKUMA (1st post updated)

Intro by Wes Truelson one of the finest ST players in the history of the game.
Quote Originally Posted by lftrpllr View Post
It's as simple as this: Akuma does not fit well into this game. The risk/reward with this character is so out of whack with every other character in the game. Sure, some characters can fight him, but no one can go toe to toe with him. Banning him simply keeps the game more interesting on the tournament level. He might not win every tournament, but guaranteed someone (who probably doesn't deserve it) will finish very high in the placing with him on a consistent basis."

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
haha wow, that sounds a lot like MK. He might not be quite as broken as Akuma (if we're ignoring planking for the moment) but it's the same concept.

Can you link to that Judo?

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
be aware
that's the HD Remix.

that's the "rebalanced" Akuma.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
MK is extremely good, verging on broken in some areas, but still not ban worthy; MK is really, really good, but he's not going to get banned.

MKOwnage

Smash Journeyman
I honestly think IC's and there pivot grab can easily take out MK. I actually think they're the best in the game.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Psh

You live in Montana, your opinion is invalid.

solecalibur

Smash Master
I honestly think IC's and there pivot grab can easily take out MK. I actually think they're the best in the game.
Just platform camp and look for openings your going to lose your first so many matches against ICs because its a little more difficult to get the MU right (you get grabbed if you do it wrong =p)

IC's grab range is terrible once your break down the MU it isnt as bad

Metaknight on the other hand.... What hasnt been said yet?
I also dont give a crap if you beat metaknight main X with character X because I dare you to let them have a rematch and learn the MU and see who comes on top once again

NNID
Budget_Player
WRONG AKUMA BROSKIS.

But this has been said already.
Yes. We are comparing MK to the Akuma that wasn't even considerable as unbanned as far as level of brokenness goes. Like, the RIDICULOUSLY broken one. Let alone the one which was contestably overpowered.

Broken Akuma had incredibly ridiculous matchups, but it wasn't like as soon as you get the lead the match can end.

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
Yes. We are comparing MK to the Akuma that wasn't even considerable as unbanned as far as level of brokenness goes. Like, the RIDICULOUSLY broken one. Let alone the one which was contestably overpowered.

Broken Akuma had incredibly ridiculous matchups, but it wasn't like as soon as you get the lead the match can end.
so we must be tlaking about cyborg akuma,
from Marvel Superheroes vs. Street Fighter.
O_o

TeeVee

Smash Lord
mk is so br00ken, he even won the last nationa...oh wait, well he won the national before tha...no wait...WELL HE STILL WINS LOCALS!

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
melee fox is so br00ken, he even won the last nationa...oh wait, well he won the national before tha...no wait...WELL HE STILL WINS LOCALS!

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Isai64 is so broken, he even won everything.

Karcist

Smash Journeyman
mk is so br00ken, he even won the last nationa...oh wait, well he won the national before tha...no wait...WELL HE STILL WINS LOCALS!
Sorry, but for me, couple sets don't represent SSBB as a whole.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Well since you seem to be in charge of here what criteria DO I have to fill before YOUR demands are met

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
So you are agreeing Melee fox is no less broken than MK.
hmmmm...

*wonders if Melee Fox would be able to WaveShine through Final Smashes like MK can plank through them*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOl51HsZaLM&feature=related
well i'm talking about this akuma
don't have to watch the whole video
but his dragon punch goes through supers o_O
If you're gonna pull out random Capcom bosses, let's get this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IEiSgkOUYU

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
@Anti-ban players that agree with the implementation of LGLs-

If Falco was untouchable onstage (Let's say he had a frame advantage on EVERYone by using a very simple pattern of attacks; he can beat all approaching and camping options through reactionary measures if the player does everything correctly- let's assume it's fairly easy to do.)...

Would you limit him... somehow? Or ban him outright.

Also, if you would limit Falco using some sort of arbitrary rule, would it be because you consider being untouchable "stalling"?

One last question.

How is this scenario much different from MK planking on the ledge?

Will respond later tonight.

NNID
Budget_Player
Hmm... Let's see... What's the ideal counter for this...

I'm just gonna come out and say that you're an idiot. We've gone over why the top MK keeps losing nationals. ADHD and Ally are BETTER THAN M2K. As in, the best 2 players in the game are better than the best MK. Additionally, there are anti-competitive rules in place SPECIFICALLY TO LIMIT METAKNIGHT. God, put this through your stupid, biased head! The reason that MK hasn't won a national for a while is the same reason why any top character doesn't win nationals-the best player of that character may get his *** handed to him by someone better than him, who knows? M2K is no longer the king of brawl; this should be evident. ADHD and Ally beat him in the tournament; they are better than him. And by this I mean a good bit better. It's also very possible that M2K sucks against Diddy. He beat Ally at Pound 4.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
Hmm... Let's see... What's the ideal counter for this...

I'm just gonna come out and say that you're an idiot. We've gone over why the top MK keeps losing nationals. ADHD and Ally are BETTER THAN M2K. As in, the best 2 players in the game are better than the best MK. Additionally, there are anti-competitive rules in place SPECIFICALLY TO LIMIT METAKNIGHT. God, put this through your stupid, biased head!

lolololol

do you REALLY think adhd and ally are leagues ahead of m2k?

etecoon

Smash Hero
I'm just gonna come out and say that you're an idiot. We've gone over why the top MK keeps losing nationals. ADHD and Ally are BETTER THAN M2K. As in, the best 2 players in the game are better than the best MK.
the better players are winning...it's almost like MK isn't really a problem at all or something!

lol u

NNID
Budget_Player
lolololol

do you REALLY think adhd and ally are leagues ahead of m2k?
Leagues ahead? No. But I think they're far enough ahead for ADHD to take 2 SETS off of M2K at Pound 4, and for Ally to beat M2K in Grand Finals in Apex and Genesis.

What speaks against it? If they aren't better than M2K, why are they winning? Are you going to say that Diddy and Snake have good MUs against MK or something?

And this is despite the fact that MK has rules to limit him specifically.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
LOL pro-ban bring out someone who isn't ******** please, he's making you guys look so bad right now.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Don't forget M2K doesn't scrooge as much as he should.

NNID
Budget_Player
LOL pro-ban bring out someone who isn't ******** please, he's making you guys look so bad right now.
You realize how funny this is, right? I bring out an argument, and you respond with ad hominem... claiming that I'm ********? What's so ******** about my statements? If you have to resort to ad hominem to win... you've lost.

The top players in the world can beat the top MKs in the world because they are better (be it overall or just in these 4 sets), and because MK has anti-competitive, indescreet rules limiting him. Without these rules MK would have closer to a 70-30 against the entire ****ing cast.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
Leagues ahead? No. But I think they're far enough ahead for ADHD to take 2 SETS off of M2K at Pound 4, and for Ally to beat M2K in Grand Finals in Apex and Genesis.

What speaks against it? If they aren't better than M2K, why are they winning? Are you going to say that Diddy and Snake have good MUs against MK or something?

And this is despite the fact that MK has rules to limit him specifically.
so what you're saying is, adhd and ally are the most talented players in brawl and even though mk is the best character, their skill allows them to overcome the top mk's to win nationals?

then why the **** should he be banned?

etecoon

Smash Hero
so what you're saying is, adhd and ally are the most talented players in brawl and even though mk is the best character, their skill allows them to overcome the top mk's to win nationals?

because we have pie charts

delicious pie

NNID
Budget_Player

Keyword being the most talented. And rules in place to limit MK.

We've PROVEN that MK is very close to unbeatable if we don't install a subjective, indiscreet rule to limit his broken ***.

In addition, you're thinking of the very top. We in the statistics department like to define around the top 0.00004% as "outliers". This would be including people like Reflex, who win tournaments with ****ty low tiers, Ally, who wins against decent MKs with CAPTAIN FALCON, DLA, who beat Ally's MK, etc. Are you going to say that CF is high tier because an incredibly good CF can beat a decent MK? Then don't say that MK isn't broken because the very top of the game can beat him. Refer to Flayl's data about how 6 people have beaten any top MK (there are about 15 of them) at more than one occasion.

If you're going to pull out an argument about how the only thing that should matter is the absolutely highest level, then **** off. If MK could plank the whole round, he would win at the highest level of play. EVERY TIME. Like, entire top 8.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I like how ever since DMG made that thread pro ban has suddenly decided it's prudent to pretend that we haven't banned planking since like, forever, in some desperate attempt to make MK look way more borked than he actually is, most people would've told you that it can't realistically be beaten like a year ago

TeeVee

Smash Lord
k.

ignore top level and focus on mid-level competition. nice.

your argument so far: "WHO CARES IF MK ISN'T WINNING THE TOURNAMENTS WITH ALL THE BEST PLAYERS IN THE COUNTRY. BEST PLAYERS = OUTLIERS...LET'S FOCUS ON THE PLAYERS WHO AREN'T AT THE TOP OF THE METAGAME"

my response: lololololol

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Why ban Meta Knight y'all aren't going to win anyway ROFLROFL.

I'll use Snake and ****.

Dojo would use Diddy and ****.

etc, come on dawgies.

NNID
Budget_Player
k.

ignore top level and focus on mid-level competition. nice.

your argument so far: "WHO CARES IF MK ISN'T WINNING THE TOURNAMENTS WITH ALL THE BEST PLAYERS IN THE COUNTRY. BEST PLAYERS = OUTLIERS...LET'S FOCUS ON THE PLAYERS WHO AREN'T AT THE TOP OF THE METAGAME"

my response: lololololol
Let's focus on the level that most smashers can realistically reach. Need I refer you back to Crow's charts? There's a reason we call the top player for each MK, Snake, and Diddy outliers. If they weren't THAT FAR ABOVE AND BEYOND EVERYONE ELSE we wouldn't.

Or:

Ally beat some famous Diddy/MK player with CF. CF for B tier.

Additionally, the LGL is still an irritatingly indiscreet rule whose sole purpose is LIMITING METAKNIGHT. Why? Because he automatically wins without it.

EDIT: @ ANTI: well good to know. You'll be winning without abusing the advantage MK gives you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom