• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Metaknight Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

etecoon

Smash Hero
captain falcon is legit, you get distracted for one second by those golden nipples and BAM, falcon punch to face

NNID
Budget_Player
inb4 pro ban "It's not what I want, it's whats FAIR!!"
in after anti ban "it's what's right for a competitive game not what I want because I main metaknight and don't want to throw that hard work away"

But yeah. If we're talking the very top of the metagame, DLA beat Ally with ganondorf. And Ally was using MK. So by your logic... Ganondorf is top tier.

solecalibur

Smash Master
LOL pro-ban bring out someone who isn't ******** please, he's making you guys look so bad right now.
Seriously trolling wont keep Metaknight unbanned

because we have pie charts

delicious pie
Apparently that is all you see when looking at the statics

k.

ignore top level and focus on mid-level competition. nice.

your argument so far: "WHO CARES IF MK ISN'T WINNING THE TOURNAMENTS WITH ALL THE BEST PLAYERS IN THE COUNTRY. BEST PLAYERS = OUTLIERS...LET'S FOCUS ON THE PLAYERS WHO AREN'T AT THE TOP OF THE METAGAME"

my response: lololololol
If you consider Top level ADHD and Ally then the 10 good metaknight mains then yes

Also midlevel players kept this game alive if you havnt noticed see those other 100 people that entered tournament X? I guess they should just quit because we only care about high level players. I wonder how a ten man tournament sounds to high level players that are just there for the money?

in after anti ban "it's what's right for a competitive game not what I want because I main metaknight and don't want to throw that hard work away"

But yeah. If we're talking the very top of the metagame, DLA beat Ally with ganondorf. And Ally was using MK. So by your logic... Ganondorf is top tier.
It was 4am when DLA beat ally's Metaknight and if you watch the match you realize he doesnt know the MU with MK lol

Chuee

Smash Hero
Uh what.
Even without a LGL, M2K probably wouldn't even be able to get a lead on ADHD.

Also, I lol every time you say as soon as MK gets the lead he wins.
EDIT: Sole, you forgot DEHF and its more like 6 mks, not 10.

NNID
Budget_Player
BPC's strawman arguments are top notch
Don't see how it's a strawman. You guys want to look at the top of the metagame. The best ganon beat the best snake (who is also the 9th best Metaknight). Why is this different to the best MK losing to the best snake in earlier tournaments or the best Diddy in more recent ones? Why are you willing to discredit this result but not that of ADHD or Ally? Or, if you want, we can go with Ally vs. Silverdoc.

EDIT: @Chuee: So you're saying that automatically winning as soon as you get the lead is not broken. Great. +1 anti-ban stupidity.

Also, it's 2:40 in the ****ing morning here and you don't hear me johning.

And yeah. Without LGLs, the only thing to stop an MK from automatically winning with planking is... a community-wide shunning?

etecoon

Smash Hero
Seriously trolling wont keep Metaknight unbanned
what's said here won't really affect anything anyway, might as well have some fun with it

If you consider Top level ADHD and Ally then the 10 good metaknight mains then yes
there are lots of other snake, diddy, falco, IC, wario players in that mix as well, the next 10 MK's after M2K can and do lose to other players who play other characters

TeeVee

Smash Lord

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKIxu669Y_A

if you're talking about that video...those are friendlies.

also, ally's mk isn't at the very top of the metagame.

Also midlevel players kept this game alive if you havnt noticed see those other 100 people that entered tournament X? I guess they should just quit because we only care about high level players. I wonder how a ten man tournament sounds to high level players that are just there for the money?
when speaking on if a character is BROKEN or not, you are only to look at the VERY TOP level of competition...who the **** said ANYTHING about attendence and why would you even bring that up?

etecoon

Smash Hero
ally's MK doesn't use tornado and doesn't really play that gay/play to win anyway, LOL at this being used as an example of anything

solecalibur

Smash Master
when speaking on if a character is BROKEN or not, you are only to look at the VERY TOP level of competition...who the **** said ANYTHING about attendence and why would you even bring that up?
I prefer the term Overpowered , Broken refers to 2d fighting games with hakumen wiping the floor the first time I played blazblue story mode

Im also saying should we just screw over the other players and say to bad you cant beat metaknights
Im ALSO saying Top level isnt always how things are determined as I see more Link and Ganon(lol spell check says Gannon) Mains winning more then Wolf mains yet Wolf isnt lower on the tier list because of it?

NNID
Budget_Player
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKIxu669Y_A

if you're talking about that video...those are friendlies.

also, ally's mk isn't at the very top of the metagame.
Fine. His falcon is. He won a grand finals of a tournament with his CF. CF is high tier.

You think it's just brokenness?

At the very top level, MK is obscenely broken. He has 2 RULES IN PLACE TO LIMIT HIM and still wins. Without either won, it would literally be the case that you automatically lose against the strongest offensive char in the game as soon as he gets a lead. Tell me why he isn't broken again?

But being broken isn't the only reason to ban a char. We don't want to have what happened to BlazBlue, do we? Hearing it from guys like DMG and Overswarm, you'd think that people got sick of a character and stopped playing. Hmm, this sounds familiar... Now BlazBlue is kinda dead, unless I'm much mistaken...

In general, this whole elitist attitude anti-ban has is irritating. "Only look at the very top level, they're the only ones that matter". Yeah, sure. The "very top level" pays for tournament pots, don't they? Or was that the TOs? Or... Was it the people who aren't either organizing it or winning it? I'm not sure, remind me please? If people get sick of the game and leave in droves because MK is pissing them off and they're tired of losing to a character that is obviously broken and miles ahead of the rest of the cast (example: the PR scene died because of MK; that was 10% of Pound 4's brawl entries!), then something is wrong here. Wouldn't you agree? Or would you rather the game die because you want to uphold your principles?

EDIT: wait, did I say uphold your principles? How about "keep winning with your main instead of doing what everyone else does-getting a backup char for BAD MATCHUPS".

PottyJokes

Smash Apprentice
budget, the PR scene already stated that they did NOT quit cause of MK, they've just spent too much money traveling at pound 4 and gotta get it back together.

Chuee

Smash Hero
EDIT: @Chuee: So you're saying that automatically winning as soon as you get the lead is not broken. Great. +1 anti-ban stupidity.
Way to misinterpret me. Great. +1 pro-ban stupidity.
I said that because saying MK auto wins every time he gets the lead is like sooooooooo wrong. So wrong that if you actually believed that I would give you +5 pro-ban stupidity.

EDIT: Budget, Ally won that because the other players sucked ****, the dude tried 3 different characters to try and beat him but got ***** each time.

PottyJokes

Smash Apprentice
I just wanted to post this. ^^

Oh and also, I wanted to point out that NOT every Puerto Rican player that went to Pound and quit Brawl quitted because of MK. I personally quit Brawl because I don't like the defensive way the game has, and I prefer Melee. Stop saying PR is not playing Brawl because of MK because that is not entirely true (to whoever said it first).
here you go sir

NNID
Budget_Player
Way to misinterpret me. Great. +1 pro-ban stupidity.
I said that because saying MK auto wins every time he gets the lead is like sooooooooo wrong. So wrong that if you actually believed that I would give you +5 pro-ban stupidity.
I'm sorry. "If MK gets the lead and gets to the ledge on a neutral, he wins". Read DMG's thread.

EDIT: @PottyJokes: Saw that. Went with the other guys. :V

Chuee

Smash Hero
Theres these things called LGL's.
And nobody gives a **** enough to actually do that all the time. If a mk player gets a lead(stock lead is best for planking), the only time he should actually need to plank is if he feels he might lose. Even with that, thats only 1 game. If he gets a good lead on you, you probably wouldn't have won anyway.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
It's not standard at all and affects too many other characters negatively and artificially boosts certain characters performances.

Also, if the MK is afraid of losing, he can go planking. Meaning that he knows the other player is better, but can still win.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
this thread... it just gets more amazing as time goes by.

it seems as though everyone forgot about Crow!'s post. If it wasn't dinner time, I'd go looking for it and tell anti-ban to counter it already, because... well, they haven't.

basically, what I would want to see from anti-ban:
- a response to Crow!'s posts.
- a reason why LGLs (and any rule that limits MK) are legit.

NNID
Budget_Player
And nobody gives a **** enough to actually do that all the time. If a mk player gets a lead(stock lead is best for planking), the only time he should actually need to plank is if he feels he might lose. Even with that, thats only 1 game. If he gets a good lead on you, you probably wouldn't have won anyway.
And you say I'm stupid?

We/I have shown AGAIN AND AGAIN why LGLs are not a good rule. ESPECIALLY because they're literally admitting that Metaknight is broken.

Your entire post makes no sense because of how MK's planking works. As in, it is for all intents and purposes unstoppable. The best you can hope for is to powershield an uair, SDI, and grab the ledge. At which point you are on the ledge against MK... and if he doesn't feel like abusing his advantage in THAT situation, he can just run to the other ledge.

Read up; you'll see what I mean. Planking is the final nail in the coffin. MK should be DEAD. We've shown that G&W can't plank at anywhere near that level as well. MK is the only one with unstoppable planking; the LGL is banning legitimate strategies from Game and Watch and Pit, is anti-competitive, and is only there to LIMIT A BROKEN CHARACTER.

If you want to limit MK, use my "MK Gay Stage Rule".

EDIT: @Anti-ban: counter this post. http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9585089&postcount=5511

solecalibur

Smash Master
IF HE THINKS HE MIGHT LOSE he is going to use an unbeatable tactic (Metaknight's planking see DMG's Post)
That doesnt sound broken at ALLLL

Im also going to say BR doesnt recommend the LGL rule to be in forced and even with the LGL rule , All I say is M2k vs Meep

Chuee

Smash Hero
Most of the time if the player that is fighting the mk IS the better player, then he should be the one with the lead as long as the MU isn't too bad.

EDIT: Planking is invincible in theorycraft, but too bad this isn't Super theory bros. Planking is mostly character specific. Meep v M2K if I remember correctly was him planking sopo. Plenty of characters can plank sopo.

Budget: IDC is literally admitting MK is broken. Rising pound is literally admitting that Melee puff is broken.
Anti-competitive?
Then banning IDC is anti-competitive. Banning Rising pound is anti-competitive.
BANNING META KNIGHT IS ANTI-COMPETITIVE.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Most of the time if the player that is fighting the mk IS the better player, then he should be the one with the lead as long as the MU isn't too bad.
That logic .... oh my ...

Do you seriously think this game has come to YOU SHOULD ALWAYS BE IN THE LEAD OR YOU LOSE TO MK
That makes the MK MU 70 30 vs everyone! No doubt That isnt OVERPOWERED AT ALL
There is NO SUCH THING AS A 50 50 MU vs MK other then himself!
Snake boards and Wario boards have come to terms with saying the Metaknight MU is 60/40 the Diddy boards was visted by a backroom asking if you think the metaknight MU is 50/50 only AZ and ADHD thought it was 50/50 just about no other diddy main thought it was even or in their favor

NNID
Budget_Player

EDIT: Planking is invincible in theorycraft, but too bad this isn't Super theory bros. Planking is mostly character specific. Meep v M2K if I remember correctly was him planking sopo. Plenty of characters can plank sopo.

Budget: IDC is literally admitting MK is broken. Rising pound is literally admitting that Melee puff is broken.
Anti-competitive?
Then banning IDC is anti-competitive. Banning Rising pound is anti-competitive.
BANNING META KNIGHT IS ANTI-COMPETITIVE.
Chuee. LOOK AT DMG'S ****ING THREAD. You're making yourself an idiot here. Seriously! MK's planking, when done right, is literally unbeatable. And about a 6-frame window to get the commands right, with a 10-frame buffer? It's hardly impossible-indeed, it's not even hard! If you can do things like the ICs CG, Pivot Walking, or Bowser's GRPGCG, you can EASILY pull off the muscle memory for "perfect" planking.

IDC is a glitch that abuses a coding error in MK's code. This level of broken we can look over. Why? It's easily enforced, a simple rule, and in general is the result of the same kind of thing that makes Sheik's chain jacket occasionally crash the game.
Rising pound is no longer in the melee ruleset.
Planking abuses a simple game mechanic. Try to ban it as a global change, as a change that doesn't force MUs that aren't MK's to change. We've done this again and again.

remember to blame your losses on the character and not being outplayed.
We have proven that MK is broken. Remember to blame winning with Akuma on your skill, not the fact that he's incredibly broken.

EDIT: oh wait... I remember this. This is the same "get better" argument I thought we stomped out AGES AGO.

solecalibur

Smash Master
remember to blame your losses on the character and not being outplayed.
Eh I guess I was out played because I got hit first or I lost my stock first and now he is just having fun gliding under the stage while my character watches

Maybe we should turn this game into a nonviolent game and show the world that fighting games dont have to revolve around violence and that it revolves around watching MK's do 2 rising Up airs or flying under the stage

Chuee

Smash Hero
You guys make me die.
IF ANY MK PLAYER GETS A LEAD ON YOU, YOU DON'T LOSE A STOCK. HOW MANY ****ING MK PLAYERS DO YOU KNOW THAT PLANK FOR 7 ****ING MINUTES EVERY SINGLE TIME THEY GET A LEAD?
Maybe you should actually try to stop the planking instead of sitting there whinning your *** off because mk is planking.
Budget, I don't give a **** about DMG's thread, MK's planking is NOT invincible. Just because theres only 6 frames where he CANT react doesn't mean its invincible. Just read an AD or throw out a projectile.

Leave it to pro-ban to say MK has no 50-50 MU's when THE TOP Diddy player that has THE MOST experience in the MU says it's 50-50 and THE TOP Falco player that has THE MOST experience says it's 50-50 w/o planking. Because obviously only people who agree with what you think are right.

Also Snake boards never EVER came to an agreement that it was 60-40, I have no idea where the **** you got that from but EVERY snake main i've heard give a ratio on it was 55-45 including Ally.

etecoon

Smash Hero
We have proven that MK is broken. Remember to blame winning with Akuma on your skill, not the fact that he's incredibly broken.
with planking, your whole argument keeps coming back to you acting as if planking isn't banned and hasn't been banned in every decent region for a long time. it's like me saying GUYS SONIC IS SO BROKEN
with items on high

oh and snake boards never said that ****, seriously you have no idea what you're talking about

NNID
Budget_Player
You guys make me die.
IF ANY MK PLAYER GETS A LEAD ON YOU, YOU DON'T LOSE A STOCK. HOW MANY ****ING MK PLAYERS DO YOU KNOW THAT PLANK FOR 7 ****ING MINUTES EVERY SINGLE TIME THEY GET A LEAD?
Maybe you should actually try to stop the planking instead of sitting there whinning your *** off because mk is planking.
Budget, I don't give a **** about DMG's thread, MK's planking is NOT invincible. Just because theres only 6 frames where he CANT react doesn't mean its invincible. Just read an AD or throw out a projectile.

Leave it to pro-ban to say MK has no 50-50 MU's when THE TOP Diddy player that has THE MOST experience in the MU says it's 50-50 and THE TOP Falco player that has THE MOST experience says it's 50-50 w/o planking. Because obviously only people who agree with what you think are right.

Also Snake boards never EVER came to an agreement that it was 60-40, I have no idea where the **** you got that from but EVERY snake main i've heard give a ratio on it was 55-45 including Ally.
Question Chuee. Have you ever considered that planking is banned? Or that even if it wasn't banned, a vast majority of MKs who care more about things like friends than winning a tournament would not use it?

Now, Overswarm, DMG, Adumbrodeus. Guys like that would. It's stupid to say "nobody has done it because nobody wants to; even if its broken no reason to worry".

We've proven that you CAN'T stop planking when it is done correctly. That it is literally impossible to stop MK's planking. The motions to do this aren't exactly the most punishing on the hand either. >.>

with planking, your whole argument keeps coming back to you acting as if planking isn't banned and hasn't been banned in every decent region for a long time. it's like me saying GUYS SONIC IS SO BROKEN
with items on high

oh and snake boards never said that ****, seriously you have no idea what you're talking about
All right. So you are willing to implement a rule (LGLs) to keep MK from being banned, do I see this right? A rule that specifically targets his use of a common game element.

Delvro

Smash Ace
It's going to be so embarrassing when some MK player wins thousands of dollars at MLG by planking/scrooging the entire match (depending on what the so-called LGL is, if any).

Brawl will become the laughingstock of the entire video game community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom