• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Metaknight Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PND

Smash Champion
IC's DON'T HAVE MANY, IF ANY, COUNTERS RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGEY RAGE

But really, unless your character CANNOT be grabbed or CANNOT be CG'd (only IC dittos), you don't hard counter them, if counter at all.

I love the statement Ban Nanas. It means ban bannanas, ban Nanas (popo's ho), and it spells bananas :p

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
LOLOLOLOL

Completely off-topic and I'll be infracted for this, but I LOVED Wolfcastle's stand up.

And ask Ally if Snake hard counters ICs.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Seriously trolling wont keep Metaknight unbanned

Apparently that is all you see when looking at the statics

If you consider Top level ADHD and Ally then the 10 good metaknight mains then yes

Also midlevel players kept this game alive if you havnt noticed see those other 100 people that entered tournament X? I guess they should just quit because we only care about high level players. I wonder how a ten man tournament sounds to high level players that are just there for the money?

It was 4am when DLA beat ally's Metaknight and if you watch the match you realize he doesnt know the MU with MK lol
It was friendlies, I wasn't playing seriously who cares lolol.

Way to misinterpret me. Great. +1 pro-ban stupidity.
I said that because saying MK auto wins every time he gets the lead is like sooooooooo wrong. So wrong that if you actually believed that I would give you +5 pro-ban stupidity.

EDIT: Budget, Ally won that because the other players sucked ****, the dude tried 3 different characters to try and beat him but got ***** each time.
the **** you saying aboutplayers sucking midwester? I beat Judge's Wario with Falcon, Lain's MK with Falcon, I COULD go on. Midwest is the worst region, even CANADA is better and more challenging.

What if ICs and Diddies started winning everything? What would we have to do?

BAN NANAS!!!!!
Ban D I C K S (M2K's joke DK + ICS LOL)

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
the **** you saying aboutplayers sucking midwester? I beat Judge's Wario with Falcon, Lain's MK with Falcon, I COULD go on. Midwest is the worst region, even CANADA is better and more challenging.
Says the guy who lost to Kennispam, lol I was surprised he beat you even if it was a friendly.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Lucario>IC.

I've seen it played out, even if Lucario only has one platform, he can wreck them hard.

Only place Lucario loses to them is on FD, everywhere else he can platform camp them, throw lingering hitboxes out to not get grabbed.

Karcist

Smash Journeyman
What if ICs and Diddies started winning everything? What would we have to do?

BAN NANAS!!!!!
MK isn't IC's only counter and especially not Diddy's. I guess I could see a ban helping IC's out some but I could almost see it hurting Diddy. Diddy has worse match ups than MK and would see a lot more of those difficult characters with MK gone.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
MK DOESN'T COUNTER IC'S RAGE RAGEY RAGE RAGEAHOL RAGE

Why do people post that? Because MK is amazing and therefore counters everybody forever?

Also, I agree that Lucario>ICs.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Kinda true. ICS would do much better without MK.
They would do much better, but dominant the meta-game like people say? I doubt it.

They do have bad MUs, even if they lose MK as one other characters are going to fill those spots.

This is probably true for a lot of characters, not just IC's, Falco, DDD, Diddy, etc.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
MK DOESN'T COUNTER IC'S RAGE RAGEY RAGE RAGEAHOL RAGE

Why do people post that? Because MK is amazing and therefore counters everybody forever?

Also, I agree that Lucario>ICs.
I feel like quoting this out of context in my signature.
thoughts?

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
ICs are kinda too easy to disrupt with simple antics like platform camping and decent counterpick stages to be a dominant force if MK was banned. If it was any character, it'd be Marth.

MKOwnage

Smash Journeyman
\I actually can see Lucario beats IC's.
But have you seen that Lain?
His Pivot grabs are like a 30 second **** fest. And then boom!
And your like: Wha?

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
You know what character I have a feeling will randomly dominate a lot with MK gone?

Falco. Maybe I'm wrong, but am I even justified in thinking that?

MKOwnage

Smash Journeyman
You know what character I have a feeling will randomly dominate a lot with MK gone?

I see Diddy or Falco. Maybe IC's but I really just think IC's beat MK. The regional tournaments I attend have their own rule sets usually. And they banned planking. So IC's are a little harder.

Off Topic:And to all those saying what I say is void because I live in Montana. We are no different. We just have freezing weather.:chuckle:

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer

I think this is the least likely situation.

I agree with marth.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Apparently you guys think ICs are really good and banning MK will make them superomglike.

no.

This thread is so pitiful. Please stop theorycrafting about what characters will dominate with MK gone :/
And stop making arguments that have been refuted countless times x_x

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose

I would think there would be a possibility that Falco would be more frequent in tournaments with Meta Knight banned, ONLY if the Ledge Grab Limit, Planking, and Scrooging continue to be enforced despite that at the moment, the rules are only enforced BECAUSE of Meta Knight's influence.

But we won't know for sure unless we try that, right?

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
did you just say that falco would be more popular if planking becomes allowed when mk is banned? shouldn't it be the other way around?

also isn't Diddy a hard counter to ics? When ADHD plays it right it looks like he wins effortlessly and gness thinks its a hard counter too.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
\I actually can see Lucario beats IC's.
But have you seen that Lain?
His Pivot grabs are like a 30 second **** fest. And then boom!
And your like: Wha?
I've seen Lain play in person and pivot grab MK's out of tornado.

I think lain went DDD against lee martin for a reason.
Seeing what he did on Smashville and how DDD is Lucario's hardest MU, I'm not surprised.

Diddy is one of the few characters that doesn't care if he gets taken to FD by ICs, I think that alone says something.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Lucario beats IC's slightly. I sat behind lee martin at No Koast(after he played me like 20 matches to prepare for lain) and watched him 2 stock lain twice, first lain used DDD and got 2 stocked, then went IC's and got 2 stocked again.

Also, IC's vs MK is even.

:).

Crow!

Smash Lord
ICs>MK. If not now, with the right restrictions (stalling...), they will.
Even if that were true, with the right restrictions, any character can be made to lose to any other character. The question is, why are the restrictions being imposed in the first place? With respectable games you are prevented from doing something illegal through the game settings, not punished for choosing particular in-game tactics.

You don't ban DDD from walkoff chain grabbing or other players from laser / jab /etc locking off the stage, for instance. You stop players from always having the option by removing the offending stages.

Sorry about being MIA with respect to this thread, guys. BBR has been taking up the portion of my free time which I devote to Brawl.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
^What if that stalling already violates a previously established rule, but there's no way to enforce said rule without a ledge grab limit?

I mean looking at DMGs data, MKs planking REALLY looks like it stalls the game to the point of making it unplayable (SBR definition).

Crow!

Smash Lord
First of all, I question the stalling rule, as it arbitrarily bans an in-game action just because we don't like it. But I don't like it either, so I'm not going to get too picky about it.

Second, can any characters truly stall except MK, who has at least one, DMG argues two, and depending on the stage three different ways? The closest method I came up with after brainstorming with various people was Snake C-4 teching, which for the vast majority of characters could still be interrupted (if nothing else, most characters could interrupt it suicidally...) If not, banning MK (edit: plus some rule to end infinites, already in place) would cleanly ban stalling.

Third of all, a LGL doesn't actually ban planking. It punishes people for using the ledge. There are plenty of legit uses of the ledge which are not stalling, both by MK and by everyone else. You can also plank without grabbing the ledge much - you just can't do it for the whole match.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Also, IC's vs MK is even.

:).
Well sure. A character who has a goal to keep the opponent onstage for a grab infinite that lead into KO setups that are inescapable, combined with arbitrary rules that limit a characters usage of the ledge and offstage game, is bound to have some sort of advantage against said offstage character.

You've pretty much rid the second character of his only means of avoiding the grab to KO, sans the platforms already on the level (which Ice Climbers do a decent job of sharking against, particularly against "said" character, thanks to his bad aerial speed).

etecoon

Smash Hero
snake C4 teching is easily interrupted and is more risky for snake than anything, you can't stall with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom