• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Metaknight Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Unless the SBR pulls something together very soon, then I'm kind of doubting that MK will be banned at MLG.... I also believe that there won't be a LGL in place.

While I would find it very funny if a MK planked all 8 minutes for every match of grand finals, it would also probably make MLG reconsider having Brawl as a part of their circuit, which would make me sad. :(

I'm pretty sure MLG would but a LGL if someone brought the issue to their attention, and if they don't do it the first time, it'll most likely be done the second time.

-Kiros-

Smash Journeyman
Was it just me or did MLG take out Brawl last time because of Meta Knight?

Or was it just me and my silly head?

Gnes

Smash Master
Okay how about this: You throw the first banana up, then you take the second and throw it up too, then you edgehog... If he catches the first one he'll get hit by the second one...
U would have to hit mks hurtbox in the move, which is somewhere in the center...if u dont he just keeps on spinnin spinnin spinnin...

but thats a good attempt...until mk rushes u down now since you have nothing to defend yourself with

MKOwnage

Smash Journeyman
Was it just me or did MLG take out Brawl last time because of Meta Knight?

Or was it just me and my silly head?
Your silly head. Brawl has not even been considered for MLG until now.

I'm manly using Weegee for now until all this MK crap blows over.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I still question the fact of banning MK when Planking and Scrooging are legit stall tactics
Ummmm...... WHAT?! Stalling is banned. Planking is currently a problem we are dealing with, and since it can't be discretely banned. It will never be legal. And since Scrooging is merely a derivative of planking, it won't be either.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
somebody make a video with MK outplanking Final Smashes.

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I don't care about what you guys think, but I don't want MY community, being judged by OTHER community as the GAYEST fighting game community.
It's as if some douche at school made fun of my brother,
because no matter what, we're all in this together, and have to think about what's right for us as a whole.
That being said
I jsut don't want EVERY other gaming community laughing us out of the MLG.
I don't give a **** about how much you want money that you are going to throw away your pride and honor by playing a game like that that is unplayable.
And I pray that everyone doesn't pick up MK just for MLG. I will be embarassed to have EVER called myself a smasher, if we are the laughing stock of gaming everywhere. We are the BIGGEST community, and we have so much power at our finger tips if we would only try, and many are, but our leaders, the SBR, really need to do something about this soon.
and yeah alot of you guys are probably all thinking that this is the gayest thing anyone has ever said about anything, and I don't care, if you don't want to be apart of this family we call smashboards, then gtfo
I honestly, have no problem with MK players
MK players that:
1.) Aren't MK to try and win at MLG
2.) Don't plank or scrooge.

I main Ness, I live in Orlando, so i'm stoked, and I understand how it can be ridiculously hard to beat MK, let alone with out planking, but that's a challange that I think is fun, whether I win or not.

BUT, we can't let this ruin our opprotunity like the MLG
our four fathers, Melee
they ***** that MLG, it was awesome, and of course our game will never be as technical as melee
we have to make a different name for ourselves
we have alot to live up to
so all i'm saying is, don't embarass me.

Play the Game

NNID
Budget_Player
Honestly, I don't care about what you guys think, but I don't want MY community, being judged by OTHER community as the GAYEST fighting game community.
because no matter what, we're all in this together, and have to think about what's right for us as a whole.
That being said
I don't give a **** about how much you want money that you are going to throw away your pride and honor by playing a game like that that is unplayable.
And I pray that everyone doesn't pick up MK just for MLG. I will be embarassed to have EVER called myself a smasher, if we are the laughing stock of gaming everywhere. We are the BIGGEST community, and we have so much power at our finger tips if we would only try, and many are, but our leaders, the SBR, really need to do something about this soon.
and yeah alot of you guys are probably all thinking that this is the gayest thing anyone has ever said about anything, and I don't care, if you don't want to be apart of this family we call smashboards, then gtfo
MK players that:

I main Ness, I live in Orlando, so i'm stoked, and I understand how it can be ridiculously hard to beat MK, let alone with out planking, but that's a challange that I think is fun, whether I win or not.

our four fathers, Melee
they ***** that MLG, it was awesome, and of course our game will never be as technical as melee

Play the Game
Despite the terrible grammar and spelling: awesome, awesome post.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
dittos in Smash = mirrors in other fighting games.
50:50 in Smash = 5:5 in other fighting games.
gay = cheap in other fighting games.

gotta love the parallels.

That being said
The game knows no rules of pride and honor, just of who won and who lost.

I hope that everyone does pick up MK for MLG. It might get Brawl ***** right out of the circuit, but if that's what it's going to take for people to see that MK should be banned, then so be it. The SBR does need to do something (ban MK), cause it's going to be catastrophic if they don't. Also, last I checked, Smash isn't the biggest community

MK players that:
So you don't have a problem with scrub MKs.

our four fathers, Melee

Play the Game
This is an amazing post. You can feel the sense of justice and honor pouring out of it.

The problem is that if you are trying to win a tournament with that much money on the line, there is no reason to not pick MK and superrape your opponents with planking, scrooging, nado spam, etc. And as long as there is at least one person who's going to use MK in MLG, playing as cheap and as gay as possible to win the cash, there is going to be an issue. One bad apple spoils the whole bunch.

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
then maybe you're right
maybe the MLG need's to be ruined
so that they can see
yes i hate scrub mks
but i was kind of thought that that subject fit into both answers 1 and 2
but yes in all non-sarcasm
you're are correct
but if smash isn't the biggest fighting game community, then what is

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
And this is why I hate Meta Knight with such passion.

Ban the mother ****ing ****** already. /insert more trolling scrubbish pro-ban looking remarks here

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
I just think it's sad, that it would have to come to that
and then people would make their own tournaments if mk was banned
and people would make their own tournaments if mk isn't banned

i know i'm not the only one guessing a split of the community in the near future

cutter

Smash Champion
After reading the last ~80 pages or so (just making up a significant number lol), I'm actually quite interested in seeing what a community vote now would look like.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm actually quite optimistic about a 5th poll.
not sure how the MLG news will effect it though.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Street Fighter is obviously the bigger, if not the biggest community in terms of fighting games, but it wouldn't surprise me if Smash is 2nd now that I think about it. There are definitely communities bigger than Street Fighter for sure (Starcraft comes to mind).

The community would split if MK is banned. I foresee multiple situations:
- MK is banned prior to any actual showing of why MK is banworthy (in terms of actual matches showing that MK's outrageous techniques are outrageous and banworthy), and pro-ban and anti-ban hold their own separate events.
- MK is banned once everyone sees the aforementioned techniques with their own eyes, but then anti-ban will be like "Well that's why we have the LGLs," even though LGLs are obviously (or maybe not so obviously) silly, and there will still be pro-ban and anti-ban events.

As far as MLG needing to be ruined: Brawl was in Evo 2k8. Many many Smashers didn't approve of the ruleset, and thus didn't support it. Brawl wasn't an official mention in Evo 2k9, but regardless, Brawl still lives. If just one person ruins MLG with the superrape MK, it will ruin Brawl in MLG, but it will open eyes, it will get MK banned, and it should make Brawl better.

What I hope is that MLG Brawl doesn't have LGLs in their ruleset.

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
What I hope is that MLG Brawl doesn't have LGLs in their ruleset.
so what you're saying is, correct me if I am incorrect. Is that, you want MLG to not have LGLs in their rules, so that they would drop Brawl and everyone would open their eyes and see as to what caused this problem?

and yes SF is not bigger than Smash. I was 100% sure until you said other wise, but I am stil 100% sure again.
Thanks for the reassurance, Super Model from Paris :D

ElDominio

Smash Journeyman
I just had a random idea, congolomerated from the ideas I have read on this forum.

What if TO's host a 2x tourney, where there are two brackets, one with MK and one without.
The one for no MK has a higher admission charge.

This would definently show public opinion, since if the MK banned bracket gets more signups... somethings up....

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
How do you figure SF isn't bigger than Smash?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
SF is bigger than Smash, internationally. However, they are about equal on the Alantic coast, but on the West coast or anywhere else in the world besides Europe, Street Fighter is bigger.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Everyone picking up MK alone isn't going to get him banned. You might as well ban Ganon if that's the only character everyone in MLG played.

No, to ban MK you guys will have to show how insanely good his ledge game and other gay tactics are, you will need to exploit all his tactics to the point where it is a clear victory for you, that no other character can stop these tactics, among other things, and I certainly don't doubt MK's amazing planking ability.

So, if you MLG goers want to show MK is bannable, don't just pick him up for the sake of adding him to the results alone, go and actually show what he is capable of. THAT will catch people's attention.

</still neutral>

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
More sales, more players, more events. They just have one biggin' every year.
SF have plenty of tourneys, both on and offline, all around the world, that you probably don't know about. I don't see how a competitive fighting game community that's been around since 1991, doing it big in arcades when arcades were big, and even still had plenty of tourney action when arcades died out, is suddenly smaller than a fighting game series that had humble beginnings in 1999 and only got big in what, 2004(?)(fix that if you have a more accurate year, that's just my own speculation).

But yeah, that's off topic... someone needs to try and get a video up showing how outrageous planking is.

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
Everyone picking up MK alone isn't going to get him banned. You might as well ban Ganon if that's the only character everyone in MLG played.

No, to ban MK you guys will have to show how insanely good his ledge game and other gay tactics are, you will need to exploit all his tactics to the point where it is a clear victory for you, that no other character can stop these tactics, among other things, and I certainly don't doubt MK's amazing planking ability.

So, if you MLG goers want to show MK is bannable, don't just pick him up for the sake of adding him to the results alone, go and actually show what he is capable of. THAT will catch people's attention.

</still neutral>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDCG6NF10oU

OverLade

Smash Hero
Nobody will give a **** about honor and having fun when it's a battle for 7th place even at MLG.

If you're not used to placing in tournies you may say "well just dont play gay", but if you actually have a chance at the money you will think differently.

I don't play gay at all but I'm sure if the difference between winning and losing was an extra 300$ I would time people out, and plank.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Nobody will give a **** about honor and having fun when it's a battle for 7th place even at MLG.

If you're not used to placing in tournies you may say "well just dont play gay", but if you actually have a chance at the money you will think differently.

I don't play gay at all but I'm sure if the difference between winning and losing was an extra 300$ I would time people out, and plank.
Agreed. Except the part where I dont play gay lol.

Black Mantis

Smash Hero

This is true but playing like that (planking) might ruin the game's reputation and might get it kicked off the circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom