• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I think every time Pichu has done the "lay down" taunt I have killed myself whether intentional or not.

It's too good. More importantly, too cute.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Movement speed is less useful when you have no moves.

Although, admittedly, I do think Kirby's inability to cross Battlefield without taking 30 in laser damage against Fox is a problem.

unknown522

Some guy
pichu is better than kirby.

- pichu can combo (though lower damage output)
- pichu an kill at reasonable %s (up smash, or edgeguarding)
- pichu has the illusion of speed (kirby can't catch opponents)
- pichu can recover
- pichu can combo from throw sometimes

etc

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
pichu is better than kirby.

- pichu can combo (though lower damage output)
- pichu an kill at reasonable %s (up smash, or edgeguarding)
- pichu has the illusion of speed (kirby can't catch opponents)
- pichu can recover
- pichu can combo from throw sometimes

etc
-If you hit with 6 Uairs you've effectively dealt less damage than a single Bair from Kirby. Pichu's combos are meaningless.
-Kirby's Uair > Pichu's Usmash. It's not as strong, but it's actually possible to hit with it since it has more than negative range. Edgeguarding is a moot point, every character can edge guard.
-w00t, point for Pichu I guess. Not that it really matters, Pichu still can't approach since all his moves have 0 priority.
-Kirby can too :bigthumbu
-Kirby can Tech Chase from Throw sometimes :chuckle:
-Kirby Can Swallowcide(and subsequently swallowcide cancel)

These characters are both terrible, but since I assume you've never played EITHER of them at a competitive level don't start pretending you know anything about them >_>

Binx

Smash Master
LOL Pink I dont know if its fair to say that anyone has used Kirby or Pichu *competitively* Pichu can combo aerials into grabs at lower percents sometimes, I dunno, I just don't like Kirby because if you do hit with a bair and it sends them very far you reset neutral position because his air and ground speed are soooooo terrible.

At least with Pichu you can occasionally get to them and grab for some more damage, also edgeguarding is way better with Pichu from what I have seen. I guess they sort of tie for worst character, not that it really matters. Obviously combos aren't the only thing that matter or Falco would be the undisputed best character.

otg

Smash Master
These characters are both terrible, but since I assume you've never played EITHER of them at a competitive level don't start pretending you know anything about them >_>
Kirby at high levels of play gets SHUT DOWN. The only good aspect of his Kirbyciding is if you can pull off Swallowcide cancels constantly... assuming your opponent will let you Swallow them off the edge. I've never played someone who uses Pichu at high levels of play, but I know from experience that Kirby really can't do **** unless you let him.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
Kirby at high levels of play gets SHUT DOWN. The only good aspect of his Kirbyciding is if you can pull off Swallowcide cancels constantly... assuming your opponent will let you Swallow them off the edge. I've never played someone who uses Pichu at high levels of play, but I know from experience that Kirby really can't do **** unless you let him.
I love how YOU are telling ME how kirby does in high levels of play.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
It's not that i consider myself the be all end all of Kirby players, it's just I know for a fact none of these people have put in any real work to understanding how to play Kirby so they shouldn't somehow magically expect to know more than me about the character.

otg

Smash Master
Reaper chill, I'm not telling you how to play Kirby. I'm just sharing my input after fighting a tournament Kirby user after an extended period of time. You use him so you have your inputs, I fight against him, so I have mine.

Inaphyt

Smash Apprentice
That looks like a very solid list and i agree with all aspects except yoshi, there just weren't enough people maining him and in the right hands he's very solid. Moreso than others that share the tier.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Yeah honestly.. I mean by all means argue it I can't steer the arguing but who really cares if the worst character in the game is one or two spots higher.. where they will still get last in the tourney.

otg

Smash Master
Protip:

A.) Don't struggle if you get swallowed, its just helping kirby
B.) Pick Fox. Shoot lasers, profit.

Also, I would like to point out that Fox broke the rules: he actually approached the black hole. that right there is instant fail. If Kirby is going to just sit there and swallow all day, I got lasers to feed him and I'll gladly feed him for 8 minutes of my life.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I don't know much about these amazing Deadly Death to Marth Maneuvers or whatever we're looking at, but I don't think Kirby's swallow is that good. I'm sure Marth could very easily space something through it and have it win. And anyone with a projectile destroys that strategy for entirely different reasons.

I guess if you're fighting Fox and his B button broke off entirely and you have a percent lead, then sure, I endorse this product and / or service. But that seems vaguely situational...

_umbra_

Smash Champion
nah son it works every time

marth can't touch him

seriously though, i'm surprised it actually worked on those people more than once lol

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
I don't know much about these amazing Deadly Death to Marth Maneuvers or whatever we're looking at, but I don't think Kirby's swallow is that good. I'm sure Marth could very easily space something through it and have it win. And anyone with a projectile destroys that strategy for entirely different reasons.

I guess if you're fighting Fox and his B button broke off entirely and you have a percent lead, then sure, I endorse this product and / or service. But that seems vaguely situational...
To give you an idea of the ******** priority on Kirby's inhale: In order for a Marth Fsmash to hit Kirby he has to space it with the ULTRA TIP. Im not talking the sweet spot tip, im talking the barely disjointed from the sword tip. Anything less will cause marth to fall into Kirby's mouth.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
ihavespaceballs has placed top ten at SMYM9 and TO4

correct me if im wrong.
To that and all the proceeding conversation about Samus: I'm not relevant to the tier list at all. "Where does Samus belong on the tier list" is basically asking "where does HugS' Samus matchup with the rest of the top placing people", because no other Samus player comes close to what he can do.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
...which is why that poll on the Samus boards on "Who's the best Samus?" is stupid. I put down HugS, and so did all the other people with half a brain.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
To give you an idea of the ******** priority on Kirby's inhale: In order for a Marth Fsmash to hit Kirby he has to space it with the ULTRA TIP. Im not talking the sweet spot tip, im talking the barely disjointed from the sword tip. Anything less will cause marth to fall into Kirby's mouth.
QFT. Still, projectiles **** this.

im actually still quite dissapointed with doc's placement,how is samus better than doc all of a sudden?

d0c for 9th again T.T
Who's the best Doc?
Who's the best Samus?
Compare.

To that and all the proceeding conversation about Samus: I'm not relevant to the tier list at all. "Where does Samus belong on the tier list" is basically asking "where does HugS' Samus matchup with the rest of the top placing people", because no other Samus player comes close to what he can do.
QFT. You still **** tho. ^^

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I think the problem with Doc is that he's good at a lot of things but not the best at any of them. So when Doc players get frustrated, it's all too easy to figure out what they like best about playing him, then find a better character who does that.
Do you like uair combos? Falcon does them better.
Do you like grab reliably leading into KO moves? Falcon, ICs, and Sheik do it better.
Do you like having a broken wd back and wd out of shield? Sheik, ICs, Samus, and Marth have a better one
Do you like punishing people attacking your shield by jumping out with an aerial? Fox and Falco do it better.
Do you like using projectiles to control your opponent? Falco and Sheik do it better.
Do you like performing grab combos, but can't seem to grab space animals now that you're actually playing good people? Marth has better grab combos and a better grab range.
Do you like gimps? Marth and Fox do them way better.

Dinolover

Smash Rookie
I know this is kinda newb but... what's up with tiers and what does that means really...
Does that mean that a Link's player, for exemple, will get pwned by a same level fox's player?
Shall I quit playing Yoshi to win more with Fox ??

Fletch

Smash Master
I think the problem with Doc is that he's good at a lot of things but not the best at any of them. So when Doc players get frustrated, it's all too easy to figure out what they like best about playing him, then find a better character who does that.
Do you like uair combos? Falcon does them better.
Do you like grab reliably leading into KO moves? Falcon, ICs, and Sheik do it better.
Do you like having a broken wd back and wd out of shield? Sheik, ICs, Samus, and Marth have a better one
Do you like punishing people attacking your shield by jumping out with an aerial? Fox and Falco do it better.
Do you like using projectiles to control your opponent? Falco and Sheik do it better.
Do you like performing grab combos, but can't seem to grab space animals now that you're actually playing good people? Marth has better grab combos and a better grab range.
Do you like gimps? Marth and Fox do them way better.
****, never thought of it this way, good points all around.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
I know this is kinda newb but... what's up with tiers and what does that means really...
Does that mean that a Link's player, for exemple, will get pwned by a same level fox's player?
Shall I quit playing Yoshi to win more with Fox ??
It is the character ranking of overall matchups vs the rest of the cast at highest levels of play. It doesn't exactly mean that your character doesn't stand much of a chance against a higher tier character, but more he has harder matchups. But yes Link gets owned by Fox so hard.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
spaceballs post pretty much hit the nail on the head. I think doc has potential though. He's above average at everything.[except maybe recovery and approaching]

and I can't believe anyone is taking the death to marth maneuver seriously. It's prolly the easiest thing in the world to hit kirby with marth's fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom