• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
@Macman: it's harder than you think. ever played a decent Kirby with Marth?

I know this is kinda newb but... what's up with tiers and what does that means really...
Does that mean that a Link's player, for exemple, will get pwned by a same level fox's player?
Shall I quit playing Yoshi to win more with Fox ??
The tier list is an assortment of competitive tournament results. I personally suggest going with who feels best with you, because that normally counts more in tourneys than the tier list. remember, the list is never perfect, and can always change (take that mods who think this is final!). Technically, you're at a disadvantage when playing a fox the same level as you (although it is notable that people are used to playing Fox, but not Yoshi). Still Yoshi can **** (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qitoD5UIZMU&feature=related). It's your choice, if you just started smash and want to go immediately to competitive tournaments, you might want to try out a high tier. that said, even if you don't want to go to tourneys, I would still try out every character from Top down to bottom, and decide for yourself which you like.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I love this talk about death to marth manuver... everytime I've seen Kirby's do that the marths I watch just jump over them, side b behind them and fair.

Kirby can't do anything to anyone on the ledge.. Kirby is bad.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
join date doesnt really matter...i joined in 08 XD

so pichu is better than kirby

*runs*

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I love this talk about death to marth manuver... everytime I've seen Kirby's do that the marths I watch just jump over them, side b behind them and fair.

Kirby can't do anything to anyone on the ledge.. Kirby is bad.
Kirby is terrible, but people tend not to realize that since they've never played him before. I sometimes keep inhaling when someone goes to jump over me just because half the time they don't space themselves far enough away and STILL GET INHALED FROM BEHIND ME

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
Guys who said he's a troll, he's not, he's probably just a noob.

How does Marth get a 9.9 and Roy get a 3.6? They're clones. Also fourth is sort of low for Falco.
take this from a roy main: clone or not, Roy is completely different from Marth. the big differences are

1) floatiness. this makes Marth get combo'd less, and even more importantly, gives him a chance to combo.
2) strength. while it may seam weird, Marth's tippers are stronger in damage than Roy's sweetspots.
3) tippers. Roy is stronger in the middle of his blade, whereas Marth is stronger at the tip. the problem with sweetspot is it doesn't utilize Roy's true range. Marth and Roy's swords are longer than most if not all other non-projectile (DK might have a slightly longer one, but whatever)
4) kill moves. Marth can use his dair, reverse dolphin slash, Usmash, and a variety of gimps (such as Dtilt and counter).

with all this, one thing comes in the process: the Ken Combo. there are plenty of variations (the normal one is Fair-Fair-Dair) of this, but it's pretty much the fact that Marth can push you off the stage with ease and then kill you via spike or otherwise. Roy can't play off the edge for his life (I mean this literally. he will die if he chases someone off the edge).

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I don't see how it is hard to space a fair against a kirby swallowing at the edge. The fair swings downward and you hit with the bottom part of the fair. I never had any trouble doing this.

skyheart

Smash Lord
I personally have a difficult time using kirby at any moment in time while playing melee so I either suck with kirby, or kirby just plain sucks.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Have you considered the "both" option?

Also Kirby's pretty easy to use he only has like 5 moves and one of them is his sidestep.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Have you considered the "both" option?

Also Kirby's pretty easy to use he only has like 5 moves and one of them is his sidestep.
KK don't spread the false sentiment that Bottom Tiers are easy to learn because they are terrible. I've seen it alot, people say that Bowser is just Up B or that Kirby is just Bair spam. They are just as difficult to use as any other characters compounded by the fact that they are difficult to use in any given situation because they are terrible characters. It's hard to play a character perfectly, it's even harder when Fox has his hexagonal reflection device up your ***.

Binx

Smash Master
LOL! I was predicting way more arguments.

jk jk

Yeah actually you know what, I'm gonna go ahead and say Kirby is slightly better than Pichu because Pichu can't steal good moves. At least Kirby is decent slightly less than horrible every once in a while where as Pichu is always bad. Besides Kirby has a hammer, proving that he admires the Ice Climbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom