• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binx

Smash Master
Fox destroys Young Link at all levels of play, even noob ones.

But seriously, why don't more people use Sheik, she is SOOOO **** good.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
While I agree the learning curves in those specific matchups are fairly challenging, her other ones take about 15 good minutes of mashing your face into the controller to learn.

Sadly enough, space animals are very popular.

However, if she does just fine against Fox and Falco when she gets past said learning curve, and she's - on paper - better than or equal to Fox against every other character (except Peach, ICs, and Puff) while still ****** Marth (and Samus, for what it's worth) much harder than him (and I'd even say she's better against Falco than Fox but that one is subjective) then why wouldn't she be the best character?

edit: I strongly feel mid level Sheik loses badly to Fox and Falco but it becomes even and possibly even favourable to her at higher levels. Maybe I'm just too optimistic?

CommanderCody08

Smash Apprentice
This is the final tier list for Super Smash Bros. Melee. Completed October 2008. Approved by M3D. All values are conclusive and finalized.
Why is this definetely the final version of the tier list?

Can't the metagame still evolve or have we accepted that this is how its going to be forever? If I were the back room I would of not limited myself by saying its definetly over.

I really like how it looks though. I don't completely agree with everything but I realize that I hardly know anything.

RuPaul

Smash Rookie
HAAAAAAAY kevinM sweety u are a real square you know ;) heehee wish u would LOOSEN up!!! sometimes its good to be REAL loose and just it ALL HANG OUT (so to speak :):)XD;))!!!!! but baby i wouldnt worry about it you need to just come party with me, the diva, rupaul and ill show you a real good time!!!!! i can tell by the way you type you'd be really......open XD....give me a reply you sassy thang!!! don't leave a poor girl waiting :( XD!!!!!!!

BunBun

Smash Master
Nice.

So still no reply to my most recent PM???

Also, can someone explain why Kirby is above Pichu in the bottom tier? I'm actually being serious... I would have though Kirby would be lower.

D

Deleted member

HAAAAAAAY kevinM sweety u are a real square you know ;) heehee wish u would LOOSEN up!!! sometimes its good to be REAL loose and just it ALL HANG OUT (so to speak :):)XD;))!!!!! but baby i wouldnt worry about it you need to just come party with me, the diva, rupaul and ill show you a real good time!!!!! i can tell by the way you type you'd be really......open XD....give me a reply you sassy thang!!! don't leave a poor girl waiting :( XD!!!!!!!

<3 <3 <3

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
yes, very much so. The matchup gets better as she learns it, but I'd say that she's still at a noticeable disadvantage vs. both spacies.
We will simply have to agree to disagree then. I think she becomes very good vs space animals and the matchup becomes perfectly reasonable and even as they come. Possibly even advantage against Falco, but that's probably silly optimism.

Anyways, back to more important matters. Bathtub breakfast party. Do we need bread? Or will the toaster alone suffice?

BunBun

Smash Master

<3 <3 <3
I love you, Mow

skyheart

Smash Lord

<3 <3 <3
i...have to quote this, this is definitely one of the amazing things i've read on this forums:laugh:

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer

<3 <3 <3
I just got a new signature as well :(

way to go again jerk.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
wtf rupaul deserves at least a little credit

seems like now would be the perfect time to post something about perfect play, no mod in their right mind would infract me for doing it right after this all went on

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches

<3 <3 <3
Heh...I guess you really are unpredictable. Just like your status claims. :laugh:

Slithe

Smash Apprentice
What brought that up? :confused:

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
please lets not discuss perfect play, it really gets no where and nobody is perfect.

im starting to believe sheik could be top if more people played her though, even though fox is stupid. One grab is all it takes for sheik.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
please lets not discuss perfect play, it really gets no where and nobody is perfect.

im starting to believe sheik could be top if more people played her though, even though fox is stupid. One grab is all it takes for sheik.
The limitation for Fox, I feel, is that his combos are that. Combos.

Because of the nature of Sheik's d-throw I've felt for a while that the inescapability with trained reflexes and timing (akin to our beloved Falcon, only more broken) makes her have ultimately much better potential inescapable strings. Moreover, Fox combos can be DIed much more proficiently than previously; U-throw U-air SDI (my beloved demo Kirby) and shine SDI and CC reduce the effectiveness of a lot of his traditionally **** homo baby killing combos; what does Fox do to a Sheik who just reacts to his tech and regrabs and eventually links a dash attack --> fair into an edgeguard from it?

Fox has the best ground game, the shine, a more broken projectile, and is virtually lagless. But Sheik is also virtually lagless and has range to go with it. Additionally, I'd argue her platform game is on par with his if not better and she has better inescapables. She recieves crap for her recovery because of how stupidly laggy it is, but the trade off is that it's almost impossible to gimp it unless you're Jigglypuff or something. Fox's superior offstage options are awesome, but he's gimpable admittedly and that is undeniably a big problem at high level. You will be chucked off. And often you will die. At like 10. And it will suck.

Fox's versatility offstage will save him a lot, but not always, whereas Sheik's consistency will make her be punished, but usually not with death until stupid percentages. IMO consistency is better overall and I think Sheik is better in that respect.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Awhile back Lord HDL i believe his name was wrote up an article about how its easier to use chars like sheik and marth but win by a small margin rather than fox/falco who tend to **** when they are playing well.

i think you practically said the same thing as he did, but in a more technical, narrowed down matchup.

i concur.

Scar

#HarveyDent
yeah fox has the concrete option of not ever getting grabbed

but good post kirbykaze, that leads me to believe that perhaps as we get farther into melee's evolution sheik really will be on top

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I think a lot of the Fox's these days don't abuse NEARLY as much as they should the frighteningly good baiting and camping/zoning game of Fox and instead run around going
HOLY **** MY NAIR IS GOOD.

D

Deleted member

I think a lot of the Fox's these days don't abuse NEARLY as much as they should the frighteningly good baiting and camping/zoning game of Fox and instead run around going
HOLY **** MY NAIR IS GOOD.
baiting and camping is easy to **** up. running around doing nairs is considerably easier.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
i hate the misconception that sheik is easy to play at high levels of play.

sure when you are first learning the game she is easy, and if you are going soley of technical skill shes not htat hard either

but playing a good player with sheik requires a buttload of thinking.

IShotLazer

Smash Journeyman
Anyone does, if there was one character that was completely easier than everyone else to learn at high levels of play everyone would just be them. People just john cus they can't use her. She is weird.

T0MMY

Smash Master
If I remember correctly, one of the best kirby's in the nation(omnigamer I think?) got completely 4 stocked by some random Fox player. **** is impossible. Kirby literally can not be Fox no matter what.
Same with Pichu. Have you seem t1mmy or t0mmy ever win any major tournaments with pichu and kirby? The match ups are just impossible. lol.
We'd win local tournaments, but as far as National events, we'd get to pro bracket and the matchups would be too horrendous to get too far.
Pretty much the last big tourney before Brawl's release was Tourney Play at E for All where all the best from NorCal & SoCal were attending (Isai, Mango, DBR, DSF, etc): finals came down to DSF vs t1mmy's Kirby.
So, yeah, Omnigamer was popular, but he was by far the best Kirby. Especially when he'd get 4-stocked by random Fox players and t1mmy took out Zelgadis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom