• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunBun

Smash Master
We'd win local tournaments, but as far as National events, we'd get to pro bracket and the matchups would be too horrendous to get too far.
Pretty much the last big tourney before Brawl's release was Tourney Play at E for All where all the best from NorCal & SoCal were attending (Isai, Mango, DBR, DSF, etc): finals came down to DSF vs t1mmy's Kirby.
So, yeah, Omnigamer was popular, but he was by far the best Kirby. Especially when he'd get 4-stocked by random Fox players and t1mmy took out Zelgadis.
Lol. I saw some video where they recorded the reactions after t1mmy took out Zelgadis. He looked significantly annoyed that he got inhaled XD

Forcystus

Smash Apprentice
Samus deserves to be in high tier. Who decides whether she's in the bottom of high tier or the top of middle tier? yes it is a big difference...

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
Samus deserves to be in high tier. Who decides whether she's in the bottom of high tier or the top of middle tier? yes it is a big difference...
As far as tourney results... who uses Samus anymore? Better yet, who places high with Samus? No one, really. :/

As far as ability... to paraphrase a quote from M2K, all she has at a high level is counter attacks.

Not ragging on Samus, I main her as well. :)

S.R. XXVII

Smash Ace
As much as I love Samus, I think her placement on the tier list is correct.
And as F8 said, I don't see anyone going all Samus and getting top 10.
I see more Ganon players doing well than Samus players.

(F8 I wanna play against you also)

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
im just saying that this guy has placed in the top 10...cuz they were talking about tourney results

imo samus is all good on her placement, im just sayin....sometimes one or two do pop into the top 10...but never really the otp 5

Binx

Smash Master
I dunno, it seems like Ganon and should be higher than Samus, I have seen a couple sami do some really neato things though.

skyheart

Smash Lord
im just saying that this guy has placed in the top 10...cuz they were talking about tourney results

imo samus is all good on her placement, im just sayin....sometimes one or two do pop into the top 10...but never really the otp 5
oh of course, i also believe there's tons of untapped potential with samus, that's just me, and i don't fully agree with this tier list

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
As much as I love Samus, I think her placement on the tier list is correct.
And as F8 said, I don't see anyone going all Samus and getting top 10.
I see more Ganon players doing well than Samus players.

(F8 I wanna play against you also)
I agree. And yeah, we definately should play. :]

Edit: 400th post.<3

Stev

Smash Ace
oh of course, i also believe there's tons of untapped potential with samus, that's just me, and i don't fully agree with this tier list
Then someone has to show that potential. The tier list isn't based on potential, its based on experience, and frankly, samus hasn't showen that ability as of late.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
Samus owns everybody below her badly, but once it gets to the high tier characters, who as a result are the more popular ones, samus faces trouble. Though it may not make a difference in the tier list (yet), I also believe Samus has amazing potential. With great Projectiles, strong aerials, a great CC and ground game, a great wavedash, the super wavedash (sure it's tough, but many pro Samus players are getting better with it, and speaking of potential, I think soon more people will learn it), and an amazing recovery that in many cases are almost limitless (trusted the player is good with bomb-DI), Samus should at least stay where she is, IMO. another problem she has is even though there are plenty of decent mainers, none are outstanding. this seams to also be the case for Dr. Mario (to a stronger extent, IMO). Ganon on the other hand has proved outstanding when used by linguini.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
I always liked Dr. Mario, except I find sometimes he's too boring for me to really consider him one of my secondaries. he's a very all-around character.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
normally any unreliable assertion in a future context would be ridiculous, but in light of proper predicting skills, we're on the money so far. also, no national event has taken place since this tier list was released, so the top level of play we strive so hard to observe has not existed in the sense that we can base a tier list from it.
what the heck...
east and west coast and ****ing canada have been to tourneys like E52, TO4, etc.

also basing a tier list off of tournament results imo is dumb but since it's explained that that's what this particular tier list is meant to represent, ok.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
yeah fox has the concrete option of not ever getting grabbed

but good post kirbykaze, that leads me to believe that perhaps as we get farther into melee's evolution sheik really will be on top
I think versus pretty much every character in the game that one holds water, but not Falco, Sheik, or another Fox. Marth too, probably, if only because of the range.

Fox and Falco can both grab Fox perfectly fine because the shine exists. And Sheik's moves knock Fox over easily enough and out of a lot of his own moves (F-tilt > Nair all day baby). From that tech chase you can get your precious grab and proceed to **** his corpse all day.

Sheik can get grabs just fine. Just don't do grab on its own? Tech chase with it perhaps?

Stev

Smash Ace
M2K thinks that fox and sheik are at the top w/ marth 3rd. I think that since he's been so dominant w/ marth for so long, this actually means something...

Forcystus

Smash Apprentice
So what you guys are saying basically is that Samus is a high tier character on paper but purely because there's not enough tournamnet succes with her, she's not high tier. Is that right?

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
no samus is not deserving of high tier because there is an obvious seperation in what she is capable of compared to the highs like ics who are right above her, who are a much better char than she is.

samus is decent and if ur so worried about her placement on the tier list fight for her to keep it because ganon is more deserving imo.

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
Pichu's last? I know he deserves bottom list but not last as he has some good strategies against other characters.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
No range, everyone beats him, etc.

I still think Kirby is pretty horrible but undeniably Pichu is pretty down there. And incredibly horrible too.

otg

Smash Master
Kirby IMO is the worst character in the game. His kirbycide game is avoidable to a point where it is almost obsolete, and after that he pretty much has nothing going for him at all. I dont know **** about Pichu, but at least he has a decent KO move in Usmash, which is more than Kirby can say.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
So what you guys are saying basically is that Samus is a high tier character on paper but purely because there's not enough tournamnet succes with her, she's not high tier. Is that right?
No, she's not high tier on paper either. And this tier list is based on tourney results.

Binx

Smash Master
Pichu has a recovery and a grab. Thats two more anything than Kirby, oh and move speed. And a wall-semi-infinite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom