• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Well, seeing how you can point his sword at all the women characters and just hit buttons and have them die, I'd imagine that would be a pretty big indicator of anti-women power. The only woman this doesn't work on is Sheik, but Sheik's not a woman so >_>

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
Well, seeing how you can point his sword at all the women characters and just hit buttons and have them die, I'd imagine that would be a pretty big indicator of anti-women power. The only woman this doesn't work on is Sheik, but Sheik's not a woman so >_>
*presses button that triggers argument between Zelda fans*

but seriously, Marth's sword is totally an anti-women devise. he doesn't go anywhere without it, that and his Gaydar.

`Jammin' Jobus

Smash Journeyman
Some of you guys are acting mad silly to try and discredit armada. I'm not from Europe, so do not say stupid comments of european bias (when lot's of you exhibit equal american bias), hmm pot..kettle. anyways. Let's be real for a second. How can you guys actually watch Armada play and not realize what a problem this kid is. If you are not impressed with his peach, I do not see how you could ever be impressed with any existing peaches. Real talk. As for the NTSC/PAL ****, it's not like it's completely insignificant, but honestly

Smart Play and Good predicting >>>>>>>>>>>>>> a buffed usmash/dair spike.

I'm not trying to be captain save-a-hoe here but some but some of you guys are posting some outlandish **** about an amazing player that would more than likely **** you sideways.

It's easy to say "OMG MANGO AND M2K WILL **** HIMM BLAHHH!!" but that is just feminine cheerleader ****. You don't see any of the actual good players that stand any chance of beating him talking out of their necks do you? please give credit where credit is due. This kid isn't another bombsoldier. It's not like he's not been playing for 4 years and is coming here to get owned. He's actually been recently owning an entire continent.

Sei Shin Casios

Smash Cadet
good comment jobos, lets just wait for the tournament to happen and flame afterwards.
i hope he will make it into the top 10, better top 5, cause otherwise the level of europian smash is just a tragedy..

i think he has got the capability to do it, but nobody can say if he will.

for those who wanted some new vids: take a look at SMACK and ESA3:

SMACK: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=229458&highlight=smack+video
ESA3: coming soon (i hope this weekend xD)

he won both tourneys, esa3 without losing a single match ;)

Tero.

Smash Champion
Well I have nothing more to add, good job Jobus.
@All: Just look at the videos and don't be ignorant.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Armada isn't bad but i'm willing to bet 50 dollars on m2k if they were to meet in bracket that he'd beat him pretty easily. Marth vs peach = ggz peach now gtfo.

Who was saying armada had amazing spacing? i just watched a match and his spacing was nothing to brag about, but thats just me.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
You guys keep preaching we're ignorant like we haven't looked up videos of Armada before.
I haven't said he's a ****ty player I just don't think he will perform NEARLY as well as you guys are saying.

I would laugh (and I say this purely in jest) if he didn't make it out of pools.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Armada isn't even that good lol. I mean he's good, but he's not even close to being as good as what you guys are bragging him out to be. I mean, the only reason why he'd get as far as everybody thinks will be because nobody has that much experience with Peach compared to other higher tier characters. Not because of his actual skill. Can't wait for him to get beasted at Genesis.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
I'm not American, first of all. And second of all, I think you guys should stop bragging about Europe because I have yet to ever see a big tourney where Europe comes down to the US and wins it. Ever. Japan hasn't done it and Europe hasn't done it, so I don't know why you think a Peach is going to come down and **** everybody. Really, I don't think any Europeans realize how smart America's best players all are. No johns.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Armada isn't even that good lol. I mean he's good, but he's not even close to being as good as what you guys are bragging him out to be. I mean, the only reason why he'd get as far as everybody thinks will be because nobody has that much experience with Peach compared to other higher tier characters. Not because of his actual skill. Can't wait for him to get beasted at Genesis.
Yeah man he sucks, you got that.

Edit: I'm sure you would **** him if he'd be in your pool, true story.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
I hope Armada does pretty well in the tourney, meets up with M2K, and pulls out a Puff. ^_^

lmao.

But honestly... everyone knows you should only judge so much from videos. I don't expect him to get top5 either, but he obviously doesn't suck. ^^

`Jammin' Jobus

Smash Journeyman
Lol you sound mad stupid right now.

Nobody has experience with peach eh?... right. He won't win because of his actual skill...?

You can guarantee he won't get top 5?...

Just Stop.

Binx

Smash Master
Your dumb, the people who are good enough to beat him have plenty of experience in every match up. But yeah I can't wait to see him get beasted in at genesis either. You don't become the best in a country without being **** good, but lets all be honest here, he went to a japanese tournament and did not get first, everyone remembers what happened to bomb soldier and the rest of japan when they went against america's best yeah?

i dont think any american realise how smart europes best players all are
I don't think you realize how good America's top 10 players are. But i'm done with this topic, Peach isn't good enough in this NTSC vs the characters that our top pro's use, and if that wasn't the case I still have to assume our metagame is more evolved from past global tournament placings.

Ken ***** the world then Chu, M2K, PC, Cort, KDJ, Forward, and several other players got f***ing amazing in no particular order.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Makenshi went to japan and ***** all of their top players, then he came back to europe and got *****. Well I guess Japan isn't that good anymore.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Lol you sound mad stupid right now.

Nobody has experience with peach eh?... right. He won't win because of his actual skill...?

You can guarantee he won't get top 5?...

Just Stop.
You are truly an idiot. If you actually read my post, I said not as much experience compared to other higher tier characters. You're the person who sounds "mad stupid" right now. And yes, I can guarantee he won't get top 5. Most people who actually know anything about Melee will say the same thing.

Your dumb, the people who are good enough to beat him have plenty of experience in every match up.
Again, read what I said further up, I never said no experience at all, I said not as much as other characters. Pros generally have way more experience vs'ing characters like Fox, who is very predictable, as Peach. You can't say people have more experience with Peach than spacies, Marth, Sheik, and Falcon...

But yeah I can't wait to see him get beasted in at genesis either. You don't become the best in a country without being **** good, but lets all be honest here, he went to a japanese tournament and did not get first, everyone remembers what happened to bomb soldier and the rest of japan when they went against america's best yeah?
Yup.

Makenshi went to japan and ***** all of their top players, then he came back to europe and got *****. Well I guess Japan isn't that good anymore.
I don't know how good Japan is anymore, but I need not remind everybody how Bombsoldier got ***** when he came to America. And Bombsoldier was good.

NeutralDamage

Smash Journeyman
Arguing about who is better or to win is pointless, since we all will see it when it happens. Im from Europe and wish that Armada will do good, but Im not going to argue it with "take no prisoners" -attitude since it doesn't make any difference. I wait enthusiastically Genesis and seeing how Armada does against the top of America. :)

`Jammin' Jobus

Smash Journeyman
You are truly an idiot. If you actually read my post, I said not as much experience compared to other higher tier characters. You're the person who sounds "mad stupid" right now. And yes, I can guarantee he won't get top 5. Most people who actually know anything about Melee will say the same thing.
i was thinking around 5th too tbh

I really hate using quotes to make people look stupid but this was too tempting

JPOBS

Smash Hero
haha jobus ***** that guy.

Yea its stupid when people meatride the american pros and says crap like "Armada gonna get ***** at genesis" when even m2k disagrees

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Any further discussion about anything NOT directly related to tier lists in this thread will be given a 3 point spam infraction.

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
I've read before that Roy is statistically superior to Marth....this just strikes me as odd.

Was the person that said that wrong?
Am I just an idiot?

and if Roy is statistically better, how come he is low tier? O_o

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
What do you mean by "statistically superior"?

Do you mean attributes like weight, falling speed?

Roy is low tier simply because he doesn't perform well against a lot of other characters. His aerials are pretty weak, he only has a few dependable kill moves, his recovery isn't that great.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
I've read before that Roy is statistically superior to Marth....this just strikes me as odd.

Was the person that said that wrong?
Am I just an idiot?

and if Roy is statistically better, how come he is low tier? O_o
The person who said that was wrong and an idiot. Roy's sweetspot on average statistically does less damage and knockback than Marth's tipper and he's lighter and his moves are slower than Marth's. besides, who cares about statistics, in tourneys combo potential, range (Roy doesn't maximize his true range because he's best with the middle of his sword, Marth you want to hit with the tip), and recovery (Roy has the worst recovery in the game) matters more IMO. note: this is not a bias, even though it may sound like it. I main Roy, so I'm a little annoyed that Nintendo and Sakurai made him so much worse than Marth. These reasons I stated are pretty much the reasons behind Roy and Marth's tier position.

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
Just making sure that it was wrong, but it did make me want to stop learning marth in favor of Roy for about 5 seconds :p

Is sheik v falco still a clear advantage for falco or is it considered to be more even than 60:40?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom