• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I'm pretty sure Falcon beats Peach harder than Puff. I don't think Peach vs Puff is Peach favourable, but it seems pretty close. Falcon's spaced Nair trumps all her aerials except her slow, slow, slow, slow Fair, and she can't punish it either with her infamous D-smash because his legs are ridiculously long and stuff. Additionally, her turnip is pretty much useless because of his amazing running back and forth action.

I don't think it's horrible ****, but he seems more equipped for it from here. What's your view like?

Binx

Smash Master
yeah i feel like hbox and mango are starting another jiggs revolution, similar to when m2k reinvented marth lol
To be completely honest I really don't think Mango reinvented anything, he just came and showed us that clever spacing and simple tactics was all we needed, when the rest of us were so busy running around for literally no reason or being comboed by m2k. I havn't seen a single vid where mango does anything that King didn't do two and a half years ago, except win.

As far as Peach vs Puff and Falcon vs Puff, I'm gonna say on paper, that Peach should have a very slight advantage on puff, and Falcon should have a very slight advantage or go even with Peach. I'm going to say that since Puff doesn't have a projectile she has to approach peach, and she isn't terribly fast either, and this gives peach a small advantage.

For Falcon its just range + **** combos vs priority + **** recovery + chain grabs.
Falcon's speed offsets the chain grabs, and his **** combos end in knees, so that eliminates her **** recovery. His speed and range help to get around priority but its a very close match up overall.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Most smash characters are limited at high level. That argument doesn't really fly.

Peach isn't as good because she is slow. This whole limitedness doesn't really have a huge impact on it, because she's ridiculously stupid in close range. She has the traditional slow character problem. She would be better if she could actually get in on people because she has a really good ability to procure single hits in close-range combat. The issue is that a few characters (mostly the top tiers) can simply say "I never want to get hit by you because I'm faster and can run away all dai every dai" and then they do.

Or they're Marth.
I guess you have never seen Xif or Mike G play. ;)
I would'nt really call those two slow.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Again, I'm not talking about attack speed because it is very known she can zing about 35 moves at you in the span of 5 seconds. I'm talking about her actual movement speed. Her horizontal aerial mobility beyond floating is poor, her vertical aerial mobility is terrible on its best days, and her ground movement is also terrible.

`Jammin' Jobus

Smash Journeyman
I think peach vs falcon is pretty stage dependent. On FD even with the chain grabs my peach usually gets beaten pretty badly by the guy I play most frequently,his name is tect on the boards. Falcon can just run circles around peach on big stages, I find the matchup pretty bad. But it totally changes on smaller stages. On FOD and Yoshi's Island I do exponentially better and can actually win some matches. This is a big difference because the guy I play is better than me. On smaller stages if you pressure his shield and read his rolls and land your combos and space well falcon can get easily frustrated.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
PEach is slow lol. Falcon is fast. get *****

when falcons off the stage its pretty bad because now he moves just as slow as peach.

on big stages nair thru shields and down throw.

overall tho I think peach is prob a little better just cuz its not as easy to get gimped. she recovers better and can get ppl to the edge and off the stage.

edit: id never play peach cuz falcon is too too too sexy

Laijin

Smash Hero
I think peach vs falcon is pretty stage dependent. On FD even with the chain grabs my peach usually gets beaten pretty badly by the guy I play most frequently,his name is tect on the boards. Falcon can just run circles around peach on big stages, I find the matchup pretty bad. But it totally changes on smaller stages. On FOD and Yoshi's Island I do exponentially better and can actually win some matches. This is a big difference because the guy I play is better than me. On smaller stages if you pressure his shield and read his rolls and land your combos and space well falcon can get easily frustrated.
wut.
on FD Peach can chain grab Falcon from 0-150 or some ****, get him off the stage, and it is literally impossible for Falcon to get back on if you just spam b-air. He can't sweet spot.
Peach dominates the match up.

Binx

Smash Master
Except Falcon has a better grab and more range, and if he gets that grab then he can combo the shiz out of peach, Peach's CG is one of the only things that gives her a chance, and it doesn't start working until like 30-40% either

Laijin

Smash Hero
Except Falcon has a better grab and more range, and if he gets that grab then he can combo the shiz out of peach, Peach's CG is one of the only things that gives her a chance, and it doesn't start working until like 30-40% either
What are you talking about? It definantly works from 0% bro. Once she gets that grab in and there are no platforms, thats the stock right there(assuming we're playing at high level).

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
I disagree.

just because falcon can get cg'd doesn't mean that she wins the matchup. from what i've gathered from your post that is what your basing the matchup up off of other than spammed back airs to edgeguard on 1 stage.

Peach doesn't have the spacing that falcon does. falcon can literally space nair well and that ho isn't doin anything. on platform stages you just have to read and watch out for dsmashes on platforms. If she spams turnips you simply camp the platforms.

I don't really understand the matchup from a peach's POV so if someone would plz explain to me why she wins/ is a better character than falcon that'd be nice.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
^ exactly what i think as well.

the only thing i see with peach is her sneaking in her fast aerials say when a falcon is trying moves like dair bair fair, that and her dash attack is pretty good and is good for tech chasing falcons i'm not mistaken.

I don't see darkrain lose to many peaches...

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
^ exactly what i think as well.

the only thing i see with peach is her sneaking in her fast aerials say when a falcon is trying moves like dair bair fair, that and her dash attack is pretty good and is good for tech chasing falcons i'm not mistaken.

I don't see darkrain lose to many peaches...
your finger must've slipped from the spacebar to 'm' before hitting the 'a' in any.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
He used to lose to Vidjo a lot, iirc. But now Vidjo died so his secrets have died with him.

Dammit Vidjo, what the hell did you do to win?

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
last time they played was fcd and vidjo lost by a pretty decent margin iirc.

I think that mogwai is right i don't think dark has lost to a peach in tourney for a year or more now.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Or Falcons can DI the throw away and tech to only take 7ish because that doesn't work on him, lol. It does work on Fox and Falco though.

Her CG goes from 0 till a little over 75 on him btw.
lol, ****. but like, you know, even if you **** up the DI, there's plenty of time to at least DI the downsmash to not eat a **** ton of damage.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I have finally figured out Laijin's style of arguments.

He name drops and then still manages to be completely wrong.. ahh ok I can ignore him now that I've calculated his post style.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I have finally figured out Laijin's style of arguments.

He name drops and then still manages to be completely wrong.. ahh ok I can ignore him now that I've calculated his post style.
haha name droppers for the lose. I bet you wish there was a name drop infraction lol

Laijin

Smash Hero
Wow.
You guys sure do love sarcasm.
"Cool. I'm ignoring Laijin's posts! That totally earns me +2 cool points. :]"

So because you guys disagree with my arguments, you consider me to be annoying and a troll. Enough to ignore my posts.
Wow, you guys are so cool.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Its not that I have anything against you. Just you have alot of posts but Im constantly seeing disagreement with alot you have written.

That just means that theres no benefit in reading them since the vast majority seem to disagree most likely making your arguments wrong. I wanna read right ones.

I dont see anyone posting corrections to your logic changing anything so theres no point in doin it.
[I feel like a troll :(]

Laijin

Smash Hero
Its not that I have anything against you. Just you have alot of posts but Im constantly seeing disagreement with alot you have written.

That just means that theres no benefit in reading them since the vast majority seem to disagree most likely making your arguments wrong. I wanna read right ones.

I dont see anyone posting corrections to your logic changing anything so theres no point in doin it.
[I feel like a troll :(]
So what your saying is that since people are disagreeing to my OPINIONS, you want to only read correct OPINIONS. Thats cool. Never knew opinions could be right or wrong.
But whatever you say bro. I never knew discussions or debates only allowed "Right" or "Correct" opinions to be said.
****, if that was true then whats the point of discussions? lol. Everyone would automatically know the outcome and there would be no point in the end but to bounce around the same ideas shared by everyone involved in the discussion.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Man Im just f****n wit you. I really could care less and I didnt bother to read your posts. Dont even worry about it.

But technically when you use numbers and data then your opinions can be wrong because they are based off false data which invalidates your opinions.

But I really am just F***** wit you cuz everyone else was. I dont give a **** if u think peach can cc falcon to 150%

woody72691

Smash Ace
wait who was the name dropper because oi dont want to get into anymore trouble here, i already gota mod who has a grudge against me.

c.falcon > peach anyday

Laijin

Smash Hero
But I really am just F***** wit you cuz everyone else was. I dont give a **** if u think peach can cc falcon to 150%
See. Thats a clear example of my sarcasm.
I exaggerate a lot.
I'm quite sure I said "on FD Peach can cg Falcon to 150% or some ****"
I don't really care bro.
Its just kinda surprising how everyone is being pretty ****ing ******** over my posts(KevinM, Mogwai, etc etc) where as I thought most of them were intelligent enough to hold decent debates or discussions.
Guess I was wrong. Can't really have any respect for people like that.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I told you im not really trippin. I didnt even read the sh** and I told you I was just F****n wit you anyway.

Just so you know, "and some sh**" doesnt constitute as sarcasm unless you lead into it properly, because peach can actually CC falcon rather decently; it then just looks like ur full of sh** cuz u are using that bs % to support your opinion that peach ***** falcon.

You actually said that she CC from 0-150% and at high lvl thats a stock. So you said a pro peach gets a single grab and there isnt **** that SS, Isai,DR,Scar, G reg, Hax$ can do about it.

Online its just really hard to tell if someone is sublty being sarcastic. Text doesnt have tone.

Thats my only guess as 2 Y u R gettin kilt off

Binx

Smash Master
Samus can CC a Falcon Punch at 0% haha.

I dunno Lajinn, its just annoying sometimes cause you come into the thread, make some sort of statement with no argument and then say then word discuss, then you disagree with the popular opinion on purpose cause you like to argue I guess. And you back up your arguments with false data that you make up in your bedroom.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Samus can CC a Falcon Punch at 0% haha.

I dunno Lajinn, its just annoying sometimes cause you come into the thread, make some sort of statement with no argument and then say then word discuss, then you disagree with the popular opinion on purpose cause you like to argue I guess. And you back up your arguments with false data that you make up in your bedroom.
This, I wouldn't mind debating with you but the fact of the matter is you display your information like an elitist when you haven't done anything to treat people in that matter. You also name drop such as the Xif and MikeG thing when even though you mentioned their names (zomg), you're still wrong.

I don't just flat out ignore people for no reason but you seem to have the intent to argue just to argue without anything to back up anything.

Laijin

Smash Hero
you're still wrong.
Once again your saying my opinions are "wrong".
Thats cool bro. I don't really care.
Just know that by thinking someone else's opinion is just flat out "wrong", as it is indeed not fact as you may say otherwise, is pretty ignorant.

I name drop once.
"Oh man look at Laijin name dropping all over the place like he knows what hes talking about. He is totally wrong"

Like I said before, its my opinion bro. Saying its wrong just makes you sound ignorant.

@Binx:
False data? If you bothered reading any of my posts you'd notice its more like exaggerated data, which should be obvious in the way I say it.

Why the hell do you guys even need to proclaim the fact that your ignoring me? If you really don't like my posts so much, just keep that **** to yourself and don't make any responses to my posts. Its that simple. Really. You think by saying something like "hay guise look im ignoring Laijin's posts too!" you gain instant cool points amongst all your cool little friends in the "I dislike Laijin club". haha.
Way to go guys. Good job on looking like a complete douche.

Edit: I'm seriously not trying to be mean or anything. I'm just stating that you guys should just ignore my posts quietly if you don't like them so much rather than proclaiming how much of an idiot you think I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom