• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Well against mango at least. He seems to still own everyone else like always.
Mango seems like the only player who makes M2k impatient. Mango always seems to be in control even when he is getting combo'd across stages. *Mango nod during himself getting combo'd".

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Well yeah, I can see why he does. If he gets hit and combo'd, it means he made a mistake or maybe he was outsmarted, so he acknowledges either his own mistake or the skill of the other player. Very positive and calm outlook on matches.

I think inadvertently, Mango really intimidates people in general lol. There's good reason to be scared of him.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Well yeah, I can see why he does. If he gets hit and combo'd, it means he made a mistake or maybe he was outsmarted, so he acknowledges either his own mistake or the skill of the other player. Very positive and calm outlook on matches.

I think inadvertently, Mango really intimidates people in general lol. There's good reason to be scared of him.
cuz hes killed over 10,000 people................individually.

Yea some ppl seem to have that indimidation factor. I think part of it might have been the hype and M2K got spooked. Looks like hes tryin to get back on the horse so that matches should be closer. But if he loses all those johns gotta go cuz I know hes at home right now wit his cube on lol.

Gdub is better than m2. Just saying **** him would be the only way to get m2 to be bottom of low tier.

I personally think top of the bottom has a nice ring to it lol

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha he didnt really john a lot for the match at RoM though... maybe he did, but i think people were calling it johns cuz he wasnt cocky about it and gave respectable reasons for losing (respectable johns)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Well he's a good character lol maybe people acknowledged that he does have some strengths.

No one plays Samus either, but she's good, yeah?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Well he's a good character lol maybe people acknowledged that he does have some strengths.

No one plays Samus either, but she's good, yeah?
haha he didnt really john a lot for the match at RoM though... maybe he did, but i think people were calling it johns cuz he wasnt cocky about it and gave respectable reasons for losing (respectable johns)
I know one Gdub player. Dj combo has a nice G&w.

hugz got like 7th at mango juice lol.

and m2k said he doesnt think mango is as good as he was in his prime. he woulda won if he had tech skill with his fox.

and he said he wasnt good with the matchup which is respectable. and scar says jiggs is the best lol. ****ing gay

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Mango doesn't put himself in bad situations, which is where M2K usually ***** people. M2K patiently waits and baits until their opponent leaves the smallest opening. After that opening occurs, he knows what to do to best punish it. But Mang0 doesn't put himself in these situations because he has smart movement and incredible spacing. His puff probably isn't as good as it was about a year ago because he picked all these secondaries up and is still destroying people with them.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
How did game and watch even move up? There is NO ONE playing this character, not in tourney, not in friendlies, not in joke matches between friends, no one. WTF?
I'm pretty sure Dire's placing at a major tournament (I don't remember which one, but he got 7th) helped G&W's case a bit. Even if no one is playing him so much in tournament, it is obvious that he deserves his spot on the tier list.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
and m2k said he doesnt think mango is as good as he was in his prime. he woulda won if he had tech skill with his fox.
While I won't dispute this one, the fact is, M2K is not at his prime. He's gotten rusty and isn't as good as he used to be.

So that point, imo, is mostly irrelevant.

T0MMY

Smash Master
T0mmy and T!mmy were never really that good LOL (i think they hyped themselves up IMO)

t0mmy got good at brawl with ROB though LOL
Who doesn't hype themselves up?
Anyway, I think it's pretty good to get into pro brackets using Pichu, nobody else could do that X^)
I didn't get good at Brawl with R.O.B., I got good at Brawl with Pichu... it's soooooooo much easier to play as R.O.B. instead of the lightest character in a game that damages himself and has no range. lol

it is just me tommy quit, unlease you say he quit then he will say he didn't, yes it happened. chu dat that was his 4th pick, and KDJ pichu was his 3rd pick and pichu is really hard to be good as unlike bowser all bowser needs is l-cancel and fancy edge gaurd and yoshi's story is his metagame and look at the guide i am working on for pichu i haven't even gotten to up B and down-smash and they are great with skill
You just want me to quit so you can be the best Pichu player, I get that from a lot of people X^)

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I respect both mango and m2k alot. I honestly dont care who wins, except im from WC and im gonna cheer for mango. honestly Id like it to be close and go both ways for more hype. Right now I feel as tho mango cant be beaten by the current m2k even as good as he is.

I know m2k is rusty but honestly, whats the point in saying something like hes not as good as I was in my prime. All that does is take away from somebodys victory and its poor sportsmanship.

thats like losing to a football team because they were better and saying well we won the superbowl last year.

I mean its ok to say things like that as a standalone statement but not in response to a loss.

strawhats

Smash Master
Make no mistake, I really want M2K to win Genesis and stuff, but it's clear that his current skill level isn't going to cut it.
at hi current level he's not good enough to beat mango but he sure as hell ***** everyone else. That just proves that even when he's at his worst he can still be that great.

rehab

Smash Journeyman
People get too worked up over this stuff, and hype good players too much. No matter how good you get, you should be allowed to drop a game without people going insane so long as you are a contender, it just doesn't work to hold people to god status. Let people play that shun

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
People get too worked up over this stuff, and hype good players too much. No matter how good you get, you should be allowed to drop a game without people going insane so long as you are a contender, it just doesn't work to hold people to god status. Let people play that shun
People who become skilled know full well that they are going to be under the spotlight, regardless if they like it or not. It can't be helped. Its human nature to do this. You see this with celebrities all the time.

rehab

Smash Journeyman
I know that, but in smash people get really SERIOUS about hyping top players, like all the time, and I don't see that elsewhere. Too serious, I think. In other competitive games, I get the feeling that more people recognize that there's going to be more than one person at the top, and they aren't going to be 100% consistent against each other all the time. If we didn't build them up like that, and get mega excited when the tip top guys lose a match, maybe that would be, uh, good? iunno

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I wish ppl would build hella hype over matches. But I dont want them to be so one sided.

Dropping a match or even a set is one thing. but it should be close. Mango clearly won that one. you cant say "if it wasnt for that one thing or whatever or 5 or few mistakes then m2k would have won." Mango played alot better and won. Id like for Everyone to get better and then just amaze the hell out of everyone else lol.

Hype is ok. Its not that he lost that matters its how he took it. He doesnt even want to play mangos puff [at least for mm$ or tourney] and then he said all the crap about quitting smash for a controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom