• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Falco lasers **** samus prd lol pocky arguing stuff all the time

oh and doc suck lol he has some good high tier matchups but i mean he sucks bad come on srsly? v marth sheik etc get *****

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I dunno, I think Doc just has the disadvantage vs. pretty much everyone above him, it's just that none of the disadvantages are terrible compared to most other people below him.

Pocky's just arguing the "Lasers screw up Samus's recovery" statement, which is fine cause they don't really do much (even though it is a waste of time... I'm sure that's his goal anyway).

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
No I'm just saying you come into lots of topics and disagree with stuff :p

It's true. Can't deny it bro you're all over naysaying.

pockyD

Smash Legend
...because when i agree with stuff, i don't bother posting, because a post of agreement doesn't contribute at all to the conversation

i probably read waaaay more threads than you ever see me disagree in

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
or sometimes teh debate is so dumb that you refuse to jump in>

i see those :)

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
...because when i agree with stuff, i don't bother posting, because a post of agreement doesn't contribute at all to the conversation

i probably read waaaay more threads than you ever see me disagree in
I can respect that opinion and for the most part its true. But your leaving out the positive aspects of the community. Like ur the dad that doesnt hug his chilidren u only whoop dey *** when they do something wrong. lol.

Give hugs too man, give hugs too lol

I dont really like doc. I think samus is a much better, more dynamic character, with more potential.

better combos [more damage(IMO), sexier, faster on platforms] better recovery, harder to play

pockyD

Smash Legend
people i don't actually know don't deserve // need hugs from me

and i can't remember the last time a doc player accomplished anything

much less an american doc player

pockyD

Smash Legend
come on, in all seriousness, if i followed you around patting you on the back with a *you go girl* or whatever after every post you make, would it make you feel at all better?

probably not... so why bother?

people shouldn't be so insecure as to need e-compliments to keep them going

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
No. Just saying there is nothing wrong with a pat on the back occasionally. But its just a more inviting environment overall and encourages ppl to at least try and share their opinion. I think thats what SWF is for and not necessarily just for the elite in the smash world.

I mean its obviously up to you and I didnt get a chance to meet you at the juice but Im kinda just goin off what ppl have said(just now). You seem angry lol and its like ur just trying to flame everyone subtly.

You dont have to agree with anything and it makes it better when ppl disagree that they post.

when ppl post a good idea and ppl post about why they agree. it makes it easier to see why its a good idea and why a cetain technique should or shouldnt be used over another.

just the way convos work. 3sides agree, disagree, and no opinion (I dont know). It seems all you do is disagree

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
psh. dis iz da intrawebz! MOAR INSULTZZ LOOLZ LMAOZEDONG

ahem.

sorry. anyway, but honestly in like..intrawebz conversation...is well more entertaining :)

no one wants to look at 'yeah yeah thats all there is to it...or thats it'

the boards would die.

pocky keeps ish reaaal dog

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
people i don't actually know don't deserve // need hugs from me

and i can't remember the last time a doc player accomplished anything

much less an american doc player
HomeMadeWaffles got 9th at Mango Juice, beating Forward on his way there. It's not "ZOMG Doc won a major tourney" or anything like that but it's worth noting, especially considering the amount of high level players that were there.

pockyD

Smash Legend
HomeMadeWaffles got 9th at Mango Juice, beating Forward on his way there. It's not "ZOMG Doc won a major tourney" or anything like that but it's worth noting, especially considering the amount of high level players that were there.
...and homemadewaffles would be one of the first to tell you doc is not a good character

also, didn't hugs place 7th at the exact same tournament? hardly a case that doc > samus

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
...and homemadewaffles would be one of the first to tell you doc is not a good character

also, didn't hugs place 7th at the exact same tournament? hardly a case that doc > samus
I agree. Nice job buddy for thinking of that lol.

but real **** tho. samus is a better character than doc. Can be used in more situations and has more of an ability to show a players style

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
well like it does seem like there is something the new players have. I think its a new level of flashyness to be honest. They are more entertaining to watch but The old guys like M2k just have to adapt. Back when they played players did everything for a reason lol. now it takes and extra step to find out why ss is moving backwards across the stage.

oh haha just grabbing the ledge lol.

Binx

Smash Master
I dunno, I enjoy watching the old players fight the newer players, m2k plays plenty flashy if you ask me. Mango isn't flashy at all, he might in fact have the least sexy movement out of any player I've seen, I still enjoy watching though because learning the basics of good spacing and such is what I actually want when I'm watching pro vids.

I wouldn't consider SS to be a newer player either. But maybe thats cause hes been around for at least 3 years since I started.

Binx

Smash Master
Yeah his spacing game is unreal.
I thought i said that haha.

@ Mogwai - you play SC? awesome I used to be pretty good at it, for fun I'd play infinite money matches with map hack and I'd fly a bunker over and nuke people. Ahh good times.

umm on a thread related note, why do we even bother with tiers after Falco?

pockyD

Smash Legend
umm on a thread related note, why do we even bother with tiers after Falco?
why bother with tiers at all?

it's not an unreasonable viewpoint that discussing tiers is pointless, but it's odd to repeatedly come back into a tier list thread if you think that

LSDX

Wah!
Falcon > Peach

Falcon has a better qpeed game to throw Peach's off balance. Couple that with a sufficient spike and semi-instant airs, Captain Falcon deserves a higher position. The only thing Peach has going for her in contrast to Falcon would be that her recovery is 10x's better and has a mediocre projectile.

rehab

Smash Journeyman
Spike=/=better edgeguarding, Peach's edgeguarding is far and away better than Falcon's

Turnips=/=mediocre, they edgeguard, pressure shields and set up small, silly combos very well

Living longer=/=insignificant

Just the obvious stuff. Falcon is lucky to be where he is with everybody suddenly realizing Ganondorf is in this game and wanting him to move up because of a couple of tournaments placings.

Binx

Smash Master
why bother with tiers at all?

it's not an unreasonable viewpoint that discussing tiers is pointless, but it's odd to repeatedly come back into a tier list thread if you think that
LOL I don't really think that, I was just trying to add in some filler so it wasn't entirely a spam post. Although I really don't see the point in arguing in a few spots, after mid tier it gets pretty pointless since all characters after about ganon fail equally hard in tournament and are played so seldom that their match ups with eachother are fairly insignificant since you aren't likely to run into the match up where both are actually experienced vs eachothers low tiers.

Unless you live in eugene oregon 2 years ago.
Falcon > Peach

Falcon has a better speed game to throw Peach's off balance. Couple that with a sufficient spike and semi-instant airs, Captain Falcon deserves a higher position. The only thing Peach has going for her in contrast to Falcon would be that her recovery is 10x's better and has a mediocre projectile.
This sounds like Falcon should be above peach because he can beat peach, I think overall their match ups are similar, and while peach may be a slightly better character, Falcon mains generally place higher in tournaments than Peach mains (my guess is because of the sheer numbers)

Peach has a much better recovery, a good projectile, tons of low lag moves (although falcon has low lag moves as well) the main differences are that Peach also has better OoS options, move varied recovery options, safer shield pressuring, and chain throws vs fast fallers at certain percents, I also am pretty sure peach gimps better.

Well after actually thinking I'm gonna retract my statement about Falcon belonging over Peach in the tier list. I use the word actually to describe how out of character it is ^_^

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Spike=/=better edgeguarding, Peach's edgeguarding is far and away better than Falcon's

Turnips=/=mediocre, they edgeguard, pressure shields and set up small, silly combos very well

Living longer=/=insignificant

Just the obvious stuff. Falcon is lucky to be where he is with everybody suddenly realizing Ganondorf is in this game and wanting him to move up because of a couple of tournaments placings.
falcon has very reliable kill moves and setups for those moves at every percent on every char

just a note on the longevity issue

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Haha yeah, even Mango's spacing with falco is just wtf. I love his approacch when he does an aerial, and then shine -> sh nair, and he fades backwards so he doesnt get shield grabs, then punishes teh grab attempt. ahhhh ****

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I dont really think tiers are important at this point. The game has been out for long enough that ppl know what characters can do.

I think its only important in mentioning tier when you are a new player. You may use it to base your character selection and ask basic questions like: "Why is this character rated so high?" In which case that question can guide you to an appropriate answer that basically allows you learn about the game alittle faster.

The only thing of any importance really is the matchup chart. That has info that is more specific to a match, vs just saying overall this character is good and this one is bad. The list just isnt important to our community anymore with the exception of knowing the worst characters for something such as a low tier tourney.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Ha ha I guess since you are the one moving him up on the tier taj lol. Its up to you lol. I think hes better than everyone in bottom. M2 is soooo sexy and I have hella fun playing him. I think hes better than bowser ness and yoshi. and **** G&W lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom