• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

pockyD

Smash Legend
THERE IS ALWAYS A CHANCE TO WIN NO MATTER WHAT THE ODDS ARE.
wait, but

Its a ratio of the match up.
So lets say we have Fox vs Kirby.
The match up is 9:1 in Fox's favor.
So that means there is a 9 to 1 chance that Fox will beat Kirby.

Its quite similar to horse races if you know how that works.
in horse races, and in the situation you just outlined, the "odds" are defined as the chance of winning... so not only does it matter "what the odds are" when determining the chance of victory, the ONLY THING that matters is "what the odds are"

Laijin

Smash Hero
wait, but

in horse races, and in the situation you just outlined, the "odds" are defined as the chance of winning... so not only does it matter "what the odds are" when determining the chance of victory, the ONLY THING that matters is "what the odds are"
We agree on the same thing thing then.
Its not likely that it will happen, but there is a possibility of it still happening.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i don't recall agreeing

i believe that in a matchup of marth and kirby both played seriously at some hypothetical equally high level and some theoretical perfectly neutral, non-invasive stage (which obviously don't not exist), marth will win 100% of the time, and I believe that at least 1/3rd of the matchups in the game would be the same way

DarkMagicX2

The Worst Ganondorf Ever
NNID
DarkMagicX2
3DS FC
5386-7375-0560
Somehow I get the feeling that the only reason Pichu's last is because he hurts himself. Poor Pichu, now forever cursed to dwell on the bottom of the list. :,(
At least it's not Mewtwo anymore.

demodemo

Smash Ace
:\ personally on a low level (me lol) i find the falcon marth matchup in marths favour

this is mainly because neither of us has adequate matchup experience

it's really gay, marth can literally stand there waiting for you to approach, and i swear all of his moves beat yours

i find openings with grabs, but i havent really used nairs yet. I'll try nairs the next time i play marth but im still inclined to say its in marths favour. i mean its not like every hit falcon gets he gets to 0death marth, marths fair has broken so many of my combos its stupid

maybe i just need to play more though.. also, i havent been really following this thread but can someone explain to me why peach is so high? I expected her to be below falcon and jiggs at least lol

skyheart

Smash Lord
****it, my argument can't fit into that form without sounding ******** :(

anyway, you make it sound like Falcon has control of the matchup and that Marth just has to hope for a mistake to get any openings, when I perceive the matchup as pretty much the exact opposite. Falcon punishes Marth extremely hard whenever he gets an opening, but when Marth decides to play defensively and react to Falcon, it doesn't seem that there is terribly much the Falcon can do until Marth makes a mistake. Also, regardless of height, Marth can molest Falcon off stage. You make it sound like edgeguarding Falcon is difficult, when it really isn't at all :laugh:.
hahaha, yeah you would've sounded ********, and i agree with mos of what you're saying, u see things differently than i, i see falcon ****** marth on stage and has an overall advantage, that's what i see at high to highest level of play

Divinokage

Smash Legend
If Sheik truly completely ***** Ganon Kirbykaze.. then why aren't you 2-0 me all the time? Oh wait.. ya it was always extremely close 2-1 and the other sheiks get owned. bhahaha!!!

Marth CLEARLY has the advantage vs Ganon? LOLLLLL...

It's probably even, but no one knows how to play the matchup correctly so I end up 3 stocking every marth around. Also I can easily beat Nair.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Ganon's too good of a character to have an impossible matchup but it's definitely Sheik's favour by a significant amount.

It's also definitely easier than Falcon.

>__>

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Ganon's too good of a character to have an impossible matchup but it's definitely Sheik's favour by a significant amount.

>__>
A million percent true. Falcon only has a chance on ******** stages that he can't be tech chased to a thousand.

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
If Sheik truly completely ***** Ganon Kirbykaze.. then why aren't you 2-0 me all the time? Oh wait.. ya it was always extremely close 2-1 and the other sheiks get owned. bhahaha!!!

It's probably even, but no one knows how to play the matchup correctly so I end up 3 stocking every marth around. Also I can easily beat Nair.
next time i'm murdering you with marth in tourney.

I'd say marth vs ganon is 6:4 for marth in general

unknown522

Some guy

that happened only once recently, out of 3 sets, didn't it?

>__>
most matchups are easy for sheik.
Significant amount? By what ratio you think now?
next time i'm murdering you with marth in tourney.

I'd say marth vs ganon is 6:4 for marth in general
I really don't know.
marth v ganon is probably 6.5 - 3.5
sheik v ganon is probably 7 - 3
sheik v falcon is almost as bad as ganon 6.5 - 3.5

decimals don't really matter too much. If you don't like decimals, then round up. (yes, most marth mains are doing it wrong).

/drama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom