• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I present to you a true story about my absentmindedness.

I click on this thread and skim over the current page, minus Scar's latest post, which I don't believe he had made yet; I'm zoning out and not really paying attention anything I'm reading at the moment. I use 10pp and there are currently a couple ghost pages (964 & 965), but I had forgotten about that. I assume that I had gone back a couple pages to see everything that's new, so I click on 964. I re-read the current page (now with Scar's post). It looks familiar, but I figure that I had seen the top of it before I went back to the previous page, so I re-read the page. I then notice that there are still a couple pages to go, at which I point I did recall that there was a ghost page, which leads me to believe that I have one page to go. So, I click on 964 again and re-read the page again, going through a similar sensation of deja vu, but I again assume that I had seen part of this page earlier when scrolling back through the pages. I then see Scar's post at the bottom for the second time, at which point I realize that I had read the same page three times in a row.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
Lol Fly Amanita, I know exactly what you mean. Why the heck does it keep showing a link to an extra page on smashboards that doesn't exist. I've found its a real problem with the longer threads. Wierd

Pi

Smash Hero

I click on this thread and skim over the current page, minus Scar's latest post, which I don't believe he had made yet; I'm zoning out and not really paying attention anything I'm reading at the moment. I use 10pp and there are currently a couple ghost pages (964 & 965), but I had forgotten about that. I assume that I had gone back a couple pages to see everything that's new, so I click on 964. I re-read the current page (now with Scar's post). It looks familiar, but I figure that I had seen the top of it before I went back to the previous page, so I re-read the page. I then notice that there are still a couple pages to go, at which I point I did recall that there was a ghost page, which leads me to believe that I have one page to go. So, I click on 964 again and re-read the page again, going through a similar sensation of deja vu, but I again assume that I had seen part of this page earlier when scrolling back through the pages. I then see Scar's post at the bottom for the second time, at which point I realize that I had read the same page three times in a row.
So, having read the same page 3 times, tell us, what has been accomplished on that page.

& I think it's due to deleted/merged posts

Fletch

Smash Master
Deleted/Merged posts get moved to the end of threads but you can't see them, and that's why the "ghost" pages happen in these longer threads.

rhan

Smash Hero

2 gewd!

No seriously I was dying from laughter! That build up was so good. xD

rhan

Smash Hero
wow a new tier list coming after 2 years... epic

i wonder if ics will go up at all haha
Don't get your hopes up on the "new" tier list. It was suppose to come out early August.

And now we're at the end of August.

Expect one when people start to care.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Yeah, I wonder if a list is ever gonna come out. It's been past early August and still no list. Oh well :(!

rhan

Smash Hero
Im ignoring this thread for the Non-MBR tier list. At least that one will get somewhere.

Doc King

Smash Lord
KK's list is not even legit, I mean come on, we all know Sheik is better than Falco and that there aren't that many ties to the characters metagames.

Doc King

Smash Lord
This list is basically going to be like the 9th list, only Puff is gonna be top. :)

There should also be a teams tier list where Jigglypuff is on God/banned tier.

In singles, she's such a solvable problem.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Yeah, and then we could have Falcon and Fox there too because of the Wombo Combos and Falco in Garbage Tier. XD

Yeah, and then we could have Falcon and Fox there too because of the Wombo Combos and Falco in Garbage Tier. XD
What's up with your obsession about garbage tier? Falco isn't among the best, but he's definitely among the next best in teams.

Doc King

Smash Lord
I'm joking. Falco would really be in Top or High Tier or something like that.

Oh yeah I forgot, that wasn't Falco! XD

mers

Smash Ace
I don't get all this talk about "abusing" Puff. Sure, Puff is a great character, probably top tier, but its not like she's this power that can just be abused to win. There are plenty of Puff mains who have been playing for a while, and cannot replicate Mango/Hbox's results.

Both Mango and Hbox are incredible players. Mango's skill is much more independent of his character, which shows through in his Fox and Falco. Hbox on the other hand is incredibly good at using his character's strengths to cover her weaknesses. He's almost nothing like Mango, but he's still incredibly good.

EDIT: why does it say there's another page of posts after mine? Weird.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
It was definitely Hungrybox. *****s didnt even realize that puff was doin too much when Mango played him. They just thought Mango was tooo good.

Hbox was the one who let out the secret that puff was mad good.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
It was definitely Hungrybox. *****s didnt even realize that puff was doin too much when Mango played him. They just thought Mango was tooo good.

Hbox was the one who let out the secret that puff was mad good.
people definitely blamed it on puff before giving mango too much credit.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Nobody abused Puff, ppl used it for a purpose and the purpose is to win tournaments, like all of the other characters in Melee.

Kotu

Smash Cadet
well check wikipedia well smash wiki or whatever al i know marth and toon link kill at boss battle together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom