• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
pichu's nair does EVERYTHING.

edge gaurd, combos, approach, sheild pressure(frame data guy discover nair their pichu can beat them the grab due to hit stun), and anything else really.

Pichu's nair is one of the best in the game fox's is only a like better because of the extra stun and range however pichu's covers more range and is faster.

F*** man I beat bunbun using only nair. He's a better player but still.

Tell you what please explain how kirby is better? he is much easier which does mess with the results because there aren't many of either really.

the following is true pichu has better recovery, speed, camping, can't be camped to death where he's hopeless, better kill power, and etc. DD camping deals with other approachs and if they don't jolts work well and if they give you that time to get set up they mess-uped up. jolt cuts up their options kindof like shawdowball but can combo decently.

really please give me the deatils i'll counter EVERY SINGLE point you make.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
pichu sucks man.

@lunar same story lol. I just don't see any reason to say anything about me playing his pichu or kirby with m2. id love to play him tho. but there is no reason to start ****.

BUT OMG NAIR IS SUO PREDICTABLE. KIRBY *****! pichu has no grab kirby had big grab and higher priority moves. pichu sucks he cant even hit people with his up b.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Just because your smart with one move doesn't mean you can't win i'd want a single great move than a bunch of crappy moves.

J-main, H-box, and cataur

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
what makes that one great move better is that they have other options. you can't just worry about that one move.

pichu just has nair.
your right pichu is better for more than just nair, d-tilt is nice and I use like every move(depending on match-up of course) but dair in every match as pichu so yeah.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I'll give as much proof as you did.

pichu isn't.....

tell you what can you list 5 GOOD things about kirby? sheild doesn't really count he doesn't really have any amazing options out of it like bowser, samus, fox,marth. kirby just has decent at best OOs options.

but yeah 5 good things(comparing to most of the cast like how smaus has a good WD) about kirby that means something in his match-ups for singles.

i'll easily list 6 for pichu nair, jolts, recovery, grabs combos everyone/set-up easy gimp/chain throws/tech chase, great movement speed,small size lets him avoid many attacks.

again comapred to the rest of the cast pichu isn't slow, nor is his nair useless. pichu only has 2 flaws getting hit and range just like fox minus being uber gimpable.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I'm not trying to get into details about it but Pichu has no advantage. He's faster then like 3 ppl and they all massively out range pichu by alot. If you beat someone with a pichu they are really really drunk or just terrible at the game.

It could be argued that he's better then Kirby but I think they should be tied for last and put an end to the debate.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
pichu doesn't win any match ups but totaly match-up based metagame sheik is the best and ice climbers would be really low.

but pichu has more options and he is like fox they can't take hits and have bad range so mindgames and campig are their main approach to get the hits they need. Also your f***ed up when you say like 3 people are slower than pichu.

also everyone should know by now not to say kirby vs pichu anywhere near me i'll debate that s*** to death.

BEES

Smash Lord
Does anyone here think Pichu is moving above Kirby on the new tier list? I don't think he is.
On paper Pichu looks like he could be a better character, but there just isn't any hard tournament data to confirm it, so I think he'll stay at the bottom. We have 1 person doing well with Kirby, and nobody (good) even attempting to use Pichu.

That said I'm sure Mewtwo will move up. I see more people trying to learn the character, learning how to fight the character. He should at least move out of bottom tier.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I argee there aren't any solid kirby's out there either. aramada is good but doesn't wrecl tournments with kirby in the US.

m2 should move up

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
pichu doesn't win any match ups but totaly match-up based metagame sheik is the best and ice climbers would be really low.

but pichu has more options and he is like fox they can't take hits and have bad range so mindgames and campig are their main approach to get the hits they need. Also your f***ed up when you say like 3 people are slower than pichu.

also everyone should know by now not to say kirby vs pichu anywhere near me i'll debate that s*** to death.
Fox has lasers, Shine, stupidly good chains on pretty much everyone. Pichu can't be compared to that. If you play campy you could do well against Bowser on DK64 or something. However it's Bowser.... >_>. It would be pretty hard camp a good player on most stages and even if you tried to time someone out it would be very difficult without damaging yourself and pichu doesn't really have anything to warrant respect from 95% of the cast. Maybe you could beat up a Kirby though. Kirby vs Pichu is probably in Pichu's favor but Pichu still does worse vs other characters so.....Idk I say remove everyone from bottom and make Pichu/Kirby tied for Thee bottom....since they pretty much are.

As for players that busted out the Kirby. I saw Iori do it vs IC's a little while back. It was interesting to see.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
pichu sucks so bad. he won't move above kirby.

mewtwo should move above zelda tho. cuz they both ****. but m2 a little more. yl has some baby size **** in him. pikachu ***** so hard he is moving up. so much harder to play then pichu. **** **** ****!

pichu however is trash. I can name 4 reasons kirby is better. get ***** pichu players!

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
What part of fox was I comparing? fox's lack of range, good speed/hard to get, and takes hits very bad. Yes they are very different in some ways. however fox is fast enough and has a safe enough move to tear down the range walls after carefully playing. heck i'm nearly thinking of falcon minus a safe move.

BEES

Smash Lord
I argee there aren't any solid kirby's out there either. aramada is good but doesn't wrecl tournments with kirby in the US.

m2 should move up
Someone got 2nd with Kirby at a tournament in the US, according to the character rankings thread. I don't know if that was Armada, but regardless, nobody has gotten top 8 with Pichu anywhere. I agree that Pichu is better than Kirby, but until someone proves it, it's not going on the tier list.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Someone got 2nd with Kirby at a tournament in the US, according to the character rankings thread. I don't know if that was Armada, but regardless, nobody has gotten top 8 with Pichu anywhere. I agree that Pichu is better than Kirby, but until someone proves it, it's not going on the tier list.
Has anyone made it out of round 1 pools with pichu? or Kirby for that matter.

BEES

Smash Lord
Fox has lasers, Shine, stupidly good chains on pretty much everyone. Pichu can't be compared to that. If you play campy you could do well against Bowser on DK64 or something. However it's Bowser.... >_>. It would be pretty hard camp a good player on most stages and even if you tried to time someone out it would be very difficult without damaging yourself and pichu doesn't really have anything to warrant respect from 95% of the cast. Maybe you could beat up a Kirby though. Kirby vs Pichu is probably in Pichu's favor but Pichu still does worse vs other characters so.....Idk I say remove everyone from bottom and make Pichu/Kirby tied for Thee bottom....since they pretty much are.

As for players that busted out the Kirby. I saw Iori do it vs IC's a little while back. It was interesting to see.
Why would a Pichu player need to camp Bowser? Pichu can combo the **** out of Bowser.

BEES

Smash Lord
My position is this: on the one hand we have theorycrafting, which says pretty conclusively that Pichu should be better.

-he has better mobility
-he has actual finishers
-he has better edgeguard capabilities
-he has better approach moves. Pichu's nair is a good move on a bad character.

That's what theorycrafting tells us, but on the other hand we have people doing well with Kirby, and nobody doing well with Pichu. So what this could mean is that although Pichu has better tools, he's a harder character to learn--hard enough to make the character a worse investment of time for anyone picking a low tier. Nobody knows the Kirby matchup, but some people might know how to fight Pikachu, and that translates pretty well. So Pichu has intangibles that keep him from doing better, even if he is a better character on paper.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
I cry when I play kirby... I think it's probably the worst thing in the world to do.

It feels so terrible to get KO'd by moves at ridiculously early percents, regardless of good DI, double stick teching, etc.
It feels so terrible to have one of the ****tiest recoveries in the game, with minimal strengths to make up for it.
It feels so terrible when fox uses only the second hit of the uair and smash DI might as well not exist anymore.

Playing kirby only makes you feel sorry for what a terrible character he is...before the haters come in on me, it's not anti-kirby... it's pity.

This is kind of like feeling bad for falco's easy to gimp recovery, until you look at his lasers, shine, edgeguarding, and combo'ing... then I stop feeling bad for falco :D

Those are some honest thoughts about kirby... if you're winning with kirby it's probably because

1)It's one of those matchups that isn't actually entirely terrible for kirby
2)Your opponent has never fought a kirby
3)Your opponent got kirbycided because they forget to actually think while fighting you
4)Your opponent vastly outskills you
5)Your opponent feels bad for kirby, and decides not to take advantage of the poor thing

GJ anyone who wins for real with kirby =D Now please let's just put kirby in top tier because he's similar to jigglypuff (what's the difference between a wall and a fence of pain?) and be done with it.

ShadyMilkman

Smash Apprentice
Considering how bad all of the bottom tiers are, why don't we just call them all offically equalish and move Pichu one point up for being the only character in the game with multiple taunts?

The Star King

Smash Hero
Considering how bad all of the bottom tiers are, why don't we just call them all offically equalish and move Pichu one point up for being the only character in the game with multiple taunts?
Falcon's left and right taunts are significantly different in duration and pose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom