• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scidadle

Smash Champion
what does this even mean

random people need to stop posting tier lists with no justification; nobody cares about your opinion unless there's sound reasoning behind it, and if you have no credibility, nobody's going to give you the benefit of the doubt
Let me explain.

When someone is new to a professional fighter game what's among the first things they do? Check the tier list correct?

Wellll if sheik is a better character than marth but marth is for some reason higher on the tier list how would you go explaining that to someone new just simply by saying, oh the tier list is stupid and useless.

Incronaut

Smash Ace
I tihnk both jiggs and falco have pretty good matchups when it comes to other high/top tier characters..

but marth and sheik do not-bad against them, and **** the rest of the cast, in which makes them better "overall" characters

so people that think falco/jiggs are on top are thinking about the majority of tournament players/characters since thats all that "matters" anyways... whereas people putting marth and sheik on top are thinking of overall-ness, whether or not the rest of cast is ever seen in tournaments

thats just my theory anyways.. i mean, they all ****. just some **** the others harder...

and if this theory is at all not ignorant (sorry if i am) then i have no idea where i stand either...

if i even make sense... -.-

LAX_

Smash Apprentice
Let me explain.

When someone is new to a professional fighter game what's among the first things they do? Check the tier list correct?

Wellll if sheik is a better character than marth but marth is for some reason higher on the tier list how would you go explaining that to someone new just simply by saying, oh the tier list is stupid and useless.
well if sheik was positively better than marth then the tier list would show that.
all of the tier lists that are being posted are opinions, that's all.

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
Okay. If in case a new tier list is made, this is how it should look.

NO:
Top,High,Middle,Low,Bottom

ONLY:
Rapers
PWNers
Middlemen
Newbs
Rapees

Anyone agree?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Let me explain.

Appeal to a higher authority: Assuming your hypothetical was a truth

you would simply tell them that the tier list is (insert qualifier here) outdated, your opinion is...., and the general consensus is blank.

Its really not that hard to clear up.
Okay. If in case a new tier list is made, this is how it should look.

NO:
Top,High,Middle,Low,Bottom

ONLY:
Rapers
PWNers
Middlemen
Newbs
Rapees

Anyone agree?
This can easily be misconstrued. Why dont you and your small circle of friends refer to the more concise labellings of top high middle low and bottom as random adjectives that lack proper qualitative values.

How can you say to somebody that C falcon is in pwnzer and fox is in rapers and expect them to know you are refering to any tier list that is to be taken seriously.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
I just tell new players that "this character is good" "This character is okay" "This character isn't so good" and "this character is supposedly [insert one of the three adjectives], but I find him [insert a remaining adjective]."

If they know what a tier list is, I tell them, but qualify it with the age of said tier list.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
This can easily be misconstrued. Why dont you and your small circle of friends refer to the more concise labellings of top high middle low and bottom as random adjectives that lack proper qualitative values.

How can you say to somebody that C falcon is in pwnzer and fox is in rapers and expect them to know you are refering to any tier list that is to be taken seriously.
Are you ****ing serious dude? That guy was obviously kidding, I can't believe you didn't see that as a joke...

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
How so? I didn't see anything in that post that hints towards it being a joke. And even if there was, it was not as obvious as that first post. Like...come on, rapers? rapees? >__> It made me lol.
Its just really not that funny. I also dont assume just because somebody says something stupid(not directed at mariox2) that they were kidding.

Its only safe to assume that somebody is being serious unless that make it clear otherwise.

ex: lol, :laugh::chuckle::psycho:, haha, =p, and various other faces

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
This whole thread makes my head hurt. If you're not well known OR can't back up your points with sound reasoning, what makes you think your tier list matters or is in anyway better then the previous one.

That being said, dumb noobs need to learn the Jiggs matchup. Colbol it up.

LAX_

Smash Apprentice
This whole thread makes my head hurt. If you're not well known OR can't back up your points with sound reasoning, what makes you think your tier list matters or is in anyway better then the previous one.

i don't think any of the people who posted their tier lists expect the official one to change to theirs lol. they were just voicing their opinion and how they feel about certain characters.

and yeah Colbol does work against puff.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)

Yea colbol is SOO good against jiggs.

hmmm

we haven't played since...

last melee gigs.

I think its been a couple of months.

otg

Smash Master
Can someone please explain to me how Marth vs. Ganon is even if not in Ganon's favor? I really just do not buy that at all, and I've seen a lot of people on the boards claiming the matchup is great for Ganon. I can see how its a good matchup or an even matchup, but I really cannot see how people would argue it for Ganon's favor.

Anyone care to explain to me something that I don't get? I just see Marth running train on Ganon, and then ganon getting in like 3 hits and its even.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
H, did Colbol beat you?

IMO, Jiggs alone is enough reason to change the tier list. I think the argument for her being the best character is relevant if not completely legitimate.

S.R. XXVII

Smash Ace
Can someone please explain to me how Marth vs. Ganon is even if not in Ganon's favor? I really just do not buy that at all, and I've seen a lot of people on the boards claiming the matchup is great for Ganon. I can see how its a good matchup or an even matchup, but I really cannot see how people would argue it for Ganon's favor.

Anyone care to explain to me something that I don't get? I just see Marth running train on Ganon, and then ganon getting in like 3 hits and its even.
Once you lose to me you'll understand.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
ganon has a lot of range and decent speed if used correctly. his dthrow is one of the best throws in the game.

marth has advantage in every area, but ganon's rewards for success is great enough to make it even-ish.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
i don't think any of the people who posted their tier lists expect the official one to change to theirs lol. they were just voicing their opinion and how they feel about certain characters.

and yeah Colbol does work against puff.
but the point is, their opinion doesnt matter unless there is a preconceived notion that they posses a somewhat profound knowledge of the game or a particular character set

or

they explain their reasoning which could possibly lead into a relevant discussion.

Its pretty much just spam otherwise.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
Someone doesn't like low ceilings =P But Pound 4 will be interesting to see how the SBR recommended rules pan out ^_^

john!

Smash Hero
but the point is, their opinion doesnt matter unless there is a preconceived notion that they posses a somewhat profound knowledge of the game or a particular character set

or

they explain their reasoning which could possibly lead into a relevant discussion.

Its pretty much just spam otherwise.
I don't expect my tier list to have any real impact (or any of the ones posted after me, I'm such a trendsetter lol), I just posted it as a guessing game. I do think they should release a new tier list sometime in '10 as the Melee scene is far from dead.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I don't expect my tier list to have any real impact (or any of the ones posted after me, I'm such a trendsetter lol), I just posted it as a guessing game. I do think they should release a new tier list sometime in '10 as the Melee scene is far from dead.
I think some small changes to official melee stuff are in order.

reconsidering of stages tier list and I think their should be an official daves stupid rule-maybe only apply to cp, or confirm that its the last stage you won on not banned for a set etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom