• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

Bones0

Smash Legend
Nah, just Bones. Most people have the audacity to actually think about how those could possibly be flawed conclusions lol
It's not my fault my opinions have a tendency to align with reality. I guess I should be like everyone else and keep putting Fox in top 2 despite the vast majority of Fox mains getting bodied at every tournament because in super Theory Bros. land, Fox is a godlike TAS that can just run away and laser all game.

Bones0

Smash Legend
No, JPOBS, that's ridiculous. I think it's much more likely that Armada is just gdlk at this game and can beat all the top players' top tiers with a high tier.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
True. Armada is just TAS perfect at this game, and it has nothing to do with peach as a character giving him the requisite tools to play at such a high level. Why, I bet he could do the same thing ith crappy character like Young Link or something cuz he's so godlike.

Zoler

Smash Ace
True. Armada is just TAS perfect at this game, and it has nothing to do with peach as a character giving him the requisite tools to play at such a high level. Why, I bet he could do the same thing ith crappy character like Young Link or something cuz he's so godlike.
Yeaaah you haven't played Armada in friendlies have you? He does that **** with every single character he plays more or less.

Armadas peach is so much more.. "perfected" than anyone elses characters.. sorry if you can't see it

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
PP's Marth vs Armada in GFs should be demonstrative enough of how powerful having a retardedly strong base game plan like, "Throw them up and fish since sword covers all options and he's fast" is against characters like Peach who lack a real way down vs him. He's been doing this for years but now he's doing it vs top level players in tournament... and winning. Are we allowed to take this into consideration yet?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
He won a set going all Marth, which is more than M2K has done in like 4 attempts.

I know you're trolling but MD is dumb enough to take a comment like that seriously so I have to respond to it properly. Sadly.

I think Kevin's Marth is a lot better than M2K's in a lot of respects and versus a bunch of characters. I know we still like M2K's patented touch of death and it's easy to see why said touch is a big deal in the spacies MUs but seriously there's more to Marth than gimping and the awesome power of CG > up moves > tipper f-smash or a bunch of weak horizontal moves on a jumpless FFer.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Gotta say, I'm more in favor of green names (admittedly, much less difficult to obtain).

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
lol people actually pay to use this website?
lol

I dunno. I just felt like supporting the smash community's main hub of information/interaction, and by extension the community itself. Plus, things are actually happening here now.

EDIT: lol Bones

Quil

Smash Apprentice
Any word of the tier list ever being updated again? Last I heard, the list in 2010 was the last list they planned on making, but the game's evolved since then, not to mention grown in popularity... I feel like a new list is deserved.

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
Any word of the tier list ever being updated again? Last I heard, the list in 2010 was the last list they planned on making, but the game's evolved since then, not to mention grown in popularity... I feel like a new list is deserved.
From what I've gathered the new list is not different enough from the 2010 list to warrant a change at all and that not all the melee back roomers voted in the new tier list or cared enough to vote at all.

I'd be happy even if only two characters swapped spots. Melee back room please step it up and come to an agreement and official vote please.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Falco should be 1st
Sheik should be second because tournament results *:troll:*
Doc is bad and our lower high tiers are actually just mid tiers that had exposure in 2007-09
Pikachu is worse than Doc because Sheik, ICs, and Peach

:phone:

Griffard

Smash Ace
Falco should be 1st
Sheik should be second because tournament results *:troll:*
Doc is bad and our lower high tiers are actually just mid tiers that had exposure in 2007-09
Pikachu is worse than Doc because Sheik, ICs, and Peach

:phone:
bolded part is totally true. Using that logic though, why is Doc bad? How does he compare to Ganon, Falcon, others in your mind?

Lovage

Smash Hero
real soon

Gea

Smash Master
He's pretty clearly in the Samus/Ganon/Pika range and imo under ICs (though ICs are weird). Thing is he has better stuff than Samus/Ganon for most relevant MUs and actually does decently against ICs with no wobbling and jiggs.

Straight up though he doesn't have any sort of good or large advantage on anyone above him either, so despite him doing decently vs Ics, Jiggs, and able to challenge everyone else above him, he still loses to them all. Moreso if the other person is willing to make Doc approach. Falcon has to deal with fox/sheik but has better tools to dominate players you can read, and has some good relevant MUs in the top spread like Marth/Peach. So it's kinda weird, Doc lacks that "oh use Fox/sheik on Falcon" aspect to him but also has no flip side of the coin. If he had a better way to get grabs and didn't rely on jabs and getting reads/not dropping anything ever he'd probably at least move up to be on par with Falcon. Reality is what it is.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
It's not just you who gets to decide, Oscar. I feel like the 2010 tier list has too many inaccuracies to the current metagame. For example, shouldn't Young Link be at least above DK and Link by now? I would argue he's even better than Mario and Luigi.

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
People say the tier list wouldn't change much, I'm ready for some radical changes. 2013 is gonna be big. I see Pika leaving D to C. Samus ahead of Ganon but below Pika in C. Ice Climbers to make friends in B with Doc.

Then again, what do I know = D

Griffard

Smash Ace
People say the tier list wouldn't change much, I'm ready for some radical changes. 2013 is gonna be big. I see Pika leaving D to C. Samus ahead of Ganon but below Pika in C. Ice Climbers to make friends in B with Doc.

No, I mean those all seem pretty reasonable to me. I'd probably agree with all of those

Divinokage

Smash Legend

Apex didnt really show that Samus has better potential than Ganon. What do you base this on?

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
Apex didnt really show that Samus has better potential than Ganon. What do you base this on?
I have a tendency to base two characters who are close in the tier list on their individual matchups, which I probably shouldn't. But the general consensus from what I hear is that Samus has a slight advantage over Ganon.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
not trying to sound like a prick, but how hard is it to make a new list? doesnt the mbr just need to hold a vote?
real soon
I have a list compiled, but right now the MBR is going through some tough times. There isn't much activity in the BR for a few reasons I wont get into, so we would rather wait until we can have more input. Currently we are aiming to release a tier list sometime in the first quarter of this year, but that is subject to change.

Just hang tight guys, its coming.

Top Bottom