• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Even if you're considering only the higher tier matchups, it's not inconceivable that people have the opinion of marth being better than jiggs. Generic opinion (not precisely mine, but w/e):

Fox>Jiggs Peach<Marth
Fox=Marth Peach<Jiggs

Falco=Jiggs Marth>Jiggs
Falco=Marth

Sheik<Jiggs Falcon<Marth
Sheik>Marth Falcon<Jiggs

Sure, people could obviously disagree with that, but with that the main point of difference would be the MUs with fox and sheik. Fox being the most popular character and having an advantage vs jiggs can easily make up for the fact that sheik beats marth but loses to jiggs. If you're of the opinion that marth wins the head to head (plausible) then placing marth above jiggs is very conceivable.

Edit: Uhhh, I suck at formatting apparently. Can't fix it into two columns... :mad:

Youngling

Smash Journeyman
Fox>Jiggs Peach<Marth
Fox=Marth Peach<Jiggs

Falco=Jiggs Marth>Jiggs
Falco=Marth

Sheik<Jiggs Falcon<Marth
Sheik>Marth Falcon<Jiggs

^
This.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
It's not absurd that Marth is better than Puff.

I'm just largely unconvinced he's better simply because it's easy to argue her high tier matchups are better than Marth's. And how you perform vs high tiers is more important than making sure you **** unrepresented, terrible characters. It is unfortunate that this sort of thing is largely a gray area. Beyond the obvious ones...

~ Puff is better against Falcon, Sheik
~ Marth is better against Fox

...the rest of the good characters (and how they do vs Marth / Puff comparatively) are fairly debatable. Who wins the head-to-head is also fairly debatable.

edit: Because of AXE, and only because of AXE, I think it's important for your character to be good against Pikachu. But the Pikachus think Jigglypuff is a stupid hard MU anyway so whatever.

rhan

Smash Hero
No one else is angsty from maining a trash character...

So, no.

<3
MM me.

No Pusii out.

YL vs your "good" character.

50 bucks.

@ Pound.

Also that little chart that DruggedFox threw out only showed me that Marth has better match-ups against the higher tier'd cast then Jiggs. And that Sheik is broke.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I would consider every match-up important, they just decrease in importance as they go down the list.
Its not really importance, there's just not enough information. I mean if someone is willing to take a lower tiered character and prove everyone wrong then I don't mind, by all means.. however, it has not been done. Either everyone sucks or low tiers are definitely low tiers and will never be noticed.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Based on the MBR's definition of a tier list, I don't wanna comment on it. Though, I see no reason for Fox to be that high if it's based on recent revelant tourny results. He should be like 5th.

Puff
Falco
Peach
Shiek
Fox

That's how it's been looking recently, right? Jman and Lucky and Zhu haven't gotten higher than fourth, I don't think.

john!

Smash Hero
among the top eight:

marth does better vs. fox, falco, puff, peach, ics
sheik does better vs. marth, sheik, falcon

furthermore, fox/falco/puff are the three best characters in the game.

marth being in the same tier as falcon/peach is a joke. marth players just john a lot.

^ lol i just noticed the marth player above me who doesn't have marth in his top 5. enough said.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
As promised, I updated the file to have periods instead of commas.

I also had to host the files on a different server. Everything should be working fine, but tell me if you find a broken link or something.

BigWenz

Smash Ace
Based on the MBR's definition of a tier list, I don't wanna comment on it. Though, I see no reason for Fox to be that high if it's based on recent revelant tourny results. He should be like 5th.

Puff
Falco
Peach
Shiek
Fox

That's how it's been looking recently, right? Jman and Lucky and Zhu haven't gotten higher than fourth, I don't think.
jman just won DGDTJ. also u have to remember in majority of local tournies its usually foxes that win. u cant just go by nationals. and even if we did, when was the last time a sheik won anything??? (anything m2k wins doesnt count cause he rarely goes all sheik in tourny)

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
among the top eight:

marth does better vs. fox, falco, puff, peach, ics
sheik does better vs. marth, sheik, falcon

furthermore, fox/falco/puff are the three best characters in the game.

marth being in the same tier as falcon/peach is a joke. marth players just john a lot.

^ lol i just noticed the marth player above me who doesn't have marth in his top 5. enough said.
the tier categories for this list were made after each tier list was taken into an account and averaged. personally i think the september list was more accurate in the sense that marth and sheik were in their own tier, and i really don't see the need for ICs to have their own tier.

also can somebody explain why "Pichu and Kirby are tied for last place, but since Kirby got an higher standard deviation, we decided to rank him above Pichu?" because if kirby has a higher standard deviation than pichu, that means his results are not only significantly higher than pichu's in some cases, but you also have to take into account the fact that his results are also significantly lower than pichu's in some cases. if anything, a lower standard deviation means pichu's position is more solidified and consistent than kirby's, and he should therefore be above kirby. although when you get to the bottom of the tier list, i guess it doesn't really matter as you're essentially comparing horse **** to dog ****.

Laijin

Smash Hero
NOPE. Young Link is better than all of the other Low Tiers. He is the king of low tiers(next to Link). That is the only important part of the tier list. That Young Link is above Zelda and Mewtwo.

BigWenz

Smash Ace
alot of players use more than 1 character in tourney. of course it counts if m2k goes sheik/marth/fox.
this is false.

matter of fact not including m2k, what other player that does well in tourny uses more then one character. vanz might be the only other person ive heard of that will use completely different characters in tourny and still place well.

inb4 u say some **** like shiz goes fox or falco depending on his mood. im talkin completely different characters.

M2k won Good **** German going almost entirely Shiek.
i stand corrected then.

BigWenz

Smash Ace
Guess you have never seen Mango, Azen, Ken or any other good player play have you? lol. Come on wenz!

ok as far as i know ken only went marth. if he won tournies, big tournies, with another character or went approxiamtely an even amount of marth and another character please inform me of this tourny.

yes azen was known for ****** face with like every character but im talking bout now not back then. ken is retired and azen is basically retired even though hes comin for pound 5 supposedly. if azen was active then yes he would be another exception to the rule.

as for mango ehh yeah i guess although when he won pound 3 he went all jiggs did he not? and pound 4 pretty sure he went mostly jiggs as well. this IDGAF mango who likes to go random characters depending on his mood/is he drunk/hungover doesnt count cause A) he hasnt been doing as well when he goes random *** characters. B) it is still mango who is still just too damm good.

but most good players only use one character in bracket over all

jman/lucky all fox
dr.pp all falco
hax/darkrain/ss/scar all falcon
shroomed basically all doc if he goes mario i dont count that since their clones
armada basically all peach cept maybe in teams.
hungrybox all jiggs

i could keep going but the point is for the most part the players that place really well in tourny only use one character.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
lol wut

mango went mostly falco at pound 4

i do think that most of the top players only play 1 character at top level though

the major modern players that disobey that rule are like

mango and m2k

basically

BigWenz

Smash Ace
lol wut

mango went mostly falco at pound 4

i do think that most of the top players only play 1 character at top level though

the major modern players that disobey that rule are like

mango and m2k

basically
did he? his only two bracket matches i remember where chudat and hungrybox and he went jiggs for both of those iirc. i know he went falco in pools but ehh i wasnt really counting pools in this.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
did he? his only two bracket matches i remember where chudat and hungrybox and he went jiggs for both of those iirc. i know he went falco in pools but ehh i wasnt really counting pools in this.
Against Axe and Jman he was Falco

Versus Lucky he was probably Falco but they might have done something silly like Falcon ditto idk

GOD!

Smash Ace
Ripple was like the smartest poster in the past 6 pages.

And of course everyone just insulted him and used non sequitor to try and prove him wrong, in fact making themselves seem pretty clueless.

Then pink reaper insults a bunch of people.
And now we've learned that everyone has a different version of the tier list and thinks about tiers differently because a tier list means a different thing to every person. This has already been stated several times. But I think people just like to show off their knowledge or something and talk for the sake of talking. Idk.

So unless you change a person's view of what a tier list is, you are going to be arguing forever.

Top Bottom