• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

Stylez

Smash Cadet
Im not saying Marth is the best char but for me he is very underrated and that is because of the results.
'Underrated' as in 'he should receive a higher placement in the tier list', or as in 'any talk of him moving down is absurd'?

cannedbread

Smash Lord
underrated as in there hasn't been anything done with marth because he doesn't have any dedicated mains doing anything new with him.

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
yhea nothing makes girls more wet then some manboy with a massive nose who has batman posters in his room, brings swords to videogame tournaments to be cool and proudly calls himself "the warrior"
Ok come on now... if I recall correctly you aren't exactly the most strapping guy in the world. Don't you have a ponytail?

:phone:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I don't see how mario would even be close to them. he's just so pathetic

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I don't see how mario would even be close to them. he's just so pathetic
My response to the first part of your post is: good CGs, decent OOS, decent mobility, decent ranged poke, decent options in close quarters, aerial move that bypasses CC, decently strong ground moves vs CC, reasonable combos, good up move suite for keeping defensively meh characters above him, good versatility overall.

My response to the second part is: Ganon, Samus, Luigi, and Pikachu are also pathetic.

Uh... Yea... I think luigi and pika are quite a bit better than mario, tbh.
I disagree. Pikachu is just better vs FFers, which is basically the story of his life. I think Mario fares better than Luigi vs a few important characters, including Sheik. I'm also toying with the argument that Mario is better vs Peach than Luigi but I don't think I can get away with that one because nobody wants to play that MU like Light except maybe Light.

D

Deleted member

I think Samus is possibly better than Pikachu. I have no idea how Pikachu, Luigi, and Mario should be ordered though.
this is directly from my tier list vote that i sent to sveet:

ICs
doc
ganon
samus
pikachu
luigi
mario
DK

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Mario certainly combos her better than Luigi. And keeps her in the air more effectively. Luigi kills her a lot faster than Mario, however...yeah, Mario probably does better, if only slightly (imo).

E-102 Gamma

Smash Journeyman
This list, for some reason I disagree. It is because Mewtwo is not a bad character. Mewtwo's ranking should be higher. Donkey Kong, Luigi, and Dr. Mario do NOT deserve their places. In fact, they should be much, much lower than any other character. Donkey Kong is slow, Luigi has the worst recovery move, and Dr. Mario is just a weak clone of Mario. Roy also does not deserve his current ranking. If anything, he should be ABOVE Marth, as Roy is a more powerful version of Marth.

See, Mewtwo would have the upper hand against Fox with a perfectly timed down special, Roy would have an upper hand because of his power and recovery, Luigi and Dr. Mario would definitely lose to Link, and Donkey Kong would lose to Pichu in a self-explanitory way. Ganondorf would not be up higher than Luigi, because of his jumping height, speed of attack, and of course, weight. Yoshi deserves a bit higher, Link needs to go up 6 increments, Young Link by 5, Roy above Young Link, Marth below Young Link, Luigi and Doc below Bowser, DK below Pichu, and Mewtwo in front of Samus. By the way, Samus needs to be below Marth and Mewtwo.
Dude... Who do you play with? :054:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Dk is no where near as bad as people think.

Guaranteed combos on. Everyone but Jiggs/mario, and doc.

And guaranteed kills on 1/3 the cast at 50-70% from a grab if he has a punch

I hate responding. To trolls when drunk

Max?

Smash Champion
this is directly from my tier list vote that i sent to sveet:

ICs
doc
ganon
samus
pikachu
luigi
mario
DK
Agreed

Dk is no where near as bad as people think.

Guaranteed combos on. Everyone but Jiggs/mario, and doc.

And guaranteed kills on 1/3 the cast at 50-70% from a grab if he has a punch

I hate responding. To trolls when drunk

DK ****ing sucks. However, he does have combo's on Mario and Doc, the **** lol? Terrible shield, fat, no approach options, no CC game, mediocre combos on most of the cast and the characters he can combo he gets ***** by. DK is awful

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
DK ****ing sucks. However, he does have combo's on Mario and Doc, the **** lol? Terrible shield, fat, no approach options, no CC game, mediocre combos on most of the cast and the characters he can combo he gets ***** by. DK is awful

No he doesn't. Of all characters in the game he doesn't have a guaranteed upair out of cargo on mario, doc, and jiggs but everyone else

Shout outs to emmy

/drunk ripple

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
How the **** would phishi t. Disagree?/ its frame date you f*** tard. Mario and doc are just the right floatyness plaus weight to get out of it. Plaus jigs is just too light
D
And if DK sucks so much how did I beat tec0's sheik? Dk too good

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
How the **** would phishi t. Disagree?/ its frame date you f*** tard. Mario and doc are just the right floatyness plaus weight to get out of it. Plaus jigs is just too light
D
And if DK sucks so much how did I beat tec0's sheik? Dk too good
If Bowser sucks so much then how did DJ Nintendo... know what? Nevermind. I can see where this topic is going and it's nowhere pleasant.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
You'll wish youl leen have 293$ afterim done with. You

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Even have $20.

Phone shucks while intocicated

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
holy crap i can't believe i haven't seen pp and armada's sets from smashers reunion

holy **** they were hype

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
i'll MM your dk with sheik lmao that match is horrible
You think youcan take this;? Bwahahahaha

You. Wuish you. Ncould take this DK. No one can take this

@jock yes it is

Top Bottom