• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Peach CCing Sheik is only effective if Sheik goes for something that isn't guaranteed or falls on top of Peach.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Lmao @ "Peach's CC is very strong vs. Sheik" (note: Fixed the terrible grammar/capitalization, so it isn't a direct quote, sorry)
CC does not work against Grab.

Warhawk

Smash Lord
If you're not playing on a very big stage then Fox is speed isn't so hard to deal with. He doesn't have a lot of space to work with on Battlefield, YS or FOD.
Battlefield's top platform is as high or higher than Dreamland's top platform and considering the difference between Fox and Peach's vertical agility that gives him a good way to escape.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Battlefield's top platform is higher than Dreamland's by approximately 2.9836 units.

Wake

Smash Master
Yeah don't try to CC Sheik's grab hahaha.

Wow. So many Peach players think Falcon is so hard. I guess I just don't play enough Falcons? or... :p

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
armada needs to get in here and explain why he thinks the sheik MU isn't one of peach's worst

unless he's already done that?
His reasoning is based in PAL terms. He has said many times that peach loses in NTSC and one of his few NTSC losses comes from a PAL Sheik he has a heavy winning record against, Amsah.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
tournament? or friendly? How many games were 1 stock?

:phone:
It was a friendly b/c sadly there r not many good sheiks in ny (or ones that go to tourneys) but i believe i have a mm coming up with reno next time we both r at a tourney (a mutual friend said reno wanted to mm me). But in firendly's my record vs sheiks is very good and i find that mu to not be so bad for peach

Lmao @ "Peach's CC is very strong vs. Sheik" (note: Fixed the terrible grammar/capitalization, so it isn't a direct quote, sorry)
CC does not work against Grab.
Well i am not saying just sit their crouching, u just need to react when the situation calls for it, also if u want i guess u could bait a grab by showing cc but i wouldn't recommend it since she has needle's.

Edit: but i am done talking about this, i clearly am not getting anywhere with this so i will just prove it instead of talking about it.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I've begun to think that if Sheik spaces properly, crouch cancelling her (or trying to) isn't really worth the effort. Properly spaced fairs and bairs outright beat Peach's CC. In what situations, and at what spacings, are you proposing that we can CC > something vs her? I'm not saying it isn't possible, but it seems to be a good deal more difficult than, say, CC > shine with Falco.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Sheik vs. Peach is free, I don't even use the char that much and I have a comparable win rate w/ Sheik as I do with DK.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Yeah don't try to CC Sheik's grab hahaha.

Wow. So many Peach players think Falcon is so hard. I guess I just don't play enough Falcons? or... :p
Or the Falcons aren't too good. No offense intended :( <3

CF stays pretty easy for a looong time. Until he starts to outright beat everything you attempt apart from dash attacks with well spaced nairs and consistently gets good combos of everything (which he can) and knees / combos of his downthrow, CF is a pretty nice punching bag :D
(similar how Marth (imho) only gets even once the Peach player is really good, CF only starts winning once he is good :) )

unknown522

Some guy
It was a friendly b/c sadly there r not many good sheiks in ny (or ones that go to tourneys) but i believe i have a mm coming up with reno next time we both r at a tourney (a mutual friend said reno wanted to mm me). But in firendly's my record vs sheiks is very good and i find that mu to not be so bad for peach
*Bangs head on desk*

and there we have it folks.

:/

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
*Bangs head on desk*

and there we have it folks.

:/

Ignoring the rest of my post well done : claps:. But like i said i am done talking i will just prove it when the time comes, its not like i can force a tourney match with m2k. So idk what u want me to say b/c i know no matter what i say u will ignore it or insult it. I have beaten alukard, and reno's sheiks in friendlies not my fault i have not fought ether in tourney. (I've been told by a mutual friend reno thought my peach was not flashy but got the job done (paraphrased).

Idk why i am even responding, i am done b/c it clearly doesn't matter what i say.

D

Deleted member

showing my age here a little bit, but SKYPAL = Sheik Kills Your Peach At Leisure

this is not a new MU guys lol

Tero.

Smash Champion
You mean Sheiks dthrow never changes

Oh wait Pal nvm

Edit: why does everybody act like Peach getting ***** vs Sheik was set in stone since 02? One year ago all you heared was how Peach does so well vs Sheik

That being said personally i think Sheik is pretty good vs peach but doesn't **** her super hard

Wake

Smash Master
I guess I just have a really hard time understanding the Peaches that have Falcon as a harder MU than Sheik in NTSC.

And I think Pink Reaper is right. lol

D

Deleted member

It's funny how ten years can go by, and this matchup is the one that NEVER EVER CHANGES.

:(
a lot of things never change in this game

the game hasn't changed since 2001, only the way it's played has changed

i can't think of a time when peach beat sheik and i've been here forever

unknown522

Some guy
Ignoring the rest of my post well done :claps:. But like i said i am done talking i will just prove it when the time comes, its not like i can force a tourney match with m2k. So idk what u want me to say b/c i know no matter what i say u will ignore it or insult it. I have beaten alukard, and reno's sheiks in friendlies not my fault i have not fought ether in tourney. (I've been told by a mutual friend reno thought my peach was not flashy but got the job done (paraphrased).

Idk why i am even responding, i am done b/c it clearly doesn't matter what i say.

lol

I read it all. It just didn't matter

stelzig

Smash Lord
Tero idk how it is in the pal region but there was never a time when Sheik was considered a good match up for Peach.
Back when armada and amsah discussed it on the sheik boards (loong ago now), I believe they both ended up saying that peach won in PAL, and that it was close in NTSC. There was a pretty long period where amsah straight up started doing copouts to other characters because he found the matchup hopeless against armada in PAL, and I don't remember seeing him copping out like that elsewhere except against hbox's puff.

Of course, that was coming from 2 PAL players, so maybe it doesn't count to you, lol.

Stevo

Smash Champion
back in the day peach players didn't know how to edgeguard, so they would just down-smash at the ledge. This didn't work at all against Sheik, so that didn't help either.

Sheik, who has a pretty bad recovery, bascially got a free trip to the stage back then.

Do needles still beat turnips? I have not played that matchup in forever. I'm sure Peach players are much better in their turnip game too.

Top Bottom