• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Explaining does. Everything up till that point was fine, but one should leave it at "you don't get my jokes :hipsterglasses:" :D

gah, and I have to ask... Which anime is your avatar from Pink Reaper? It looks so familiar, but I can't remember and it's been bugging me for a while now :)

Tero.

Smash Champion
Back when armada and amsah discussed it on the sheik boards (loong ago now), I believe they both ended up saying that peach won in PAL, and that it was close in NTSC. There was a pretty long period where amsah straight up started doing copouts to other characters because he found the matchup hopeless against armada in PAL, and I don't remember seeing him copping out like that elsewhere except against hbox's puff.

Of course, that was coming from 2 PAL players, so maybe it doesn't count to you, lol.
yeah that was what i thought of.
back then quite a few people jumped on the "peach does good vs sheik" train, lead by amsah

The Star King

Smash Hero
Technically, there is an official
fanmade
touhou anime
Yeah I know, some of the plot decisions they've made have made me raise my eyebrows.

heh, that explains a lot :D
I've seen some touhou stuff (mostly because I love his musical work), but never played a game (which I totally should do... goddammit, so much stuff to do :x).
Yeah I was just a music fan for a couple of years too, I started playing like a year ago. I'd recommend it, it's MAD FUN, you won't regret it.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
I know, I know... it's just, there's so much stuff going on already. Studying, work, and all that recreational stuff pile up so quickly :D (there's like 3 pc games people want to play with me that are hella fun ... add some Anime / other TV series / books / music to the mix, and people wanting to have bbq sessions like once or twice per week... I hardly practice the Melee techskill that I should still work on :( )

E-102 Gamma

Smash Journeyman
Way to go, guys. You killed the thread with your Touhou discussions.

Now let's see if I can't reboot it or something useful like that...

What's the current consensus as to which character(s) would see the most improvement if a new tier list was made?

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
I really think Pichu is the worst character in this game; he's the only one that gets punished just for using some attacks.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Roy's gimmicks are awful though. Kirby can spam crouch and utilt. Bowser can spam up-B. Pichu is fast enough that he can just SHFFL nairs and get by. Roy has to pretty much out-space other characters straight up with DDWD, and he can only really punish out of grab and dtilt. Grab doesn't really lead to good punishes anyway, just a single smack and the opponent has escaped. That basically means he has to dtilt to do anything. I've thought of him as the worst in the game for a long time now. Just look what he uses for every damn attack:

[COLLAPSE=Artist's Depiction of Roy Dittos]
[/COLLAPSE]

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Roy doesn't have as much trouble outspacing than most others because he has good range with his sword. His main problems are his falling speed and sour spots, in my opinion.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Roy sucks.
The issue is that there are chars that suck even worse.
So Roy isn't the worst.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Yoooo all this pichu hate. Pichu is pree bad, but he has stuff. Reliable stuff.
He's pretty fast and has relatively lagless moves. He's safe on shield. He has ledge options and OoS options (roy and kirby don't) and he has a boss *** grab game. He also gimps very well (it ain't pika, but its still legit) oh and his dair->grab counters CC.
Of course, he has no range and dies at 20%, sooooo yea. He's really bad, but i'm still confident that he is not the worst. Definitely down there though :/

Roy is ****ty. I was joking when I said the worst, but he's definitely too high. All he has is dd->grab (which is admitably good) and dtilt.

Also mewtwo is baaaad.

And kirby sucks too (lolcwutididthar?)

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Accurate tier list based on the opinions I usually see around here:

Top Tier:
Fox, Falco, Jigglypuff, Sheik

High Tier:
Marth, Peach, Captain Falcon

Upper Mid Tier:
Ice Climbers

Mid Tier:
Dr. Mario, Ganondorf, Samus

Lower Mid Tier:
Pikachu, Mario, Luigi, Donkey Kong

Low Tier:
Link, Young Link

"I'm confident he isn't the worst" Tier:
Zelda, Roy, Mewtwo, Yoshi, Mr. Game & Watch, Ness, Bowser, Kirby, Pichu

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I actually kind of agree with that, except zelda should be in link/ylink tier.
Also pichu shouldn't be ranked last because he's too cute and **** kirby.

*that being combining *** tier with useless *** tier

D

Deleted member

zelda is definitely not as good as either of the links

roy should probably be like 19th. bowser pichu GAW kirby ness mewtwo are definitely worse, he's probably tied with zelda.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Hell no. If anything, zelda should be in her own tier, because she's still WAY better than those under her (including roy), even though she's still bad. But nobody cares about bad characters, so it doesn't matter.

Roy has litterally nothing other than DD grab, dtilt, and some gimmicks.
He also cant kill, cant recover, and gets combo ***** by everybody.
The character is more successful than, say, pichu kirby boozer ness, but roy is really bad and doesn't have anything going for him.
G&w > roy.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
If I'm being honest, I think Zelda and Roy should be in a tier between the Links and the super terribads (I think she's better than Roy, but not enough to separate them, while those two are still leagues ahead of everyone below them).

There could be a case for G&W being in that tier, but I don't know enough to really say.

D

Deleted member

There could be a case for G&W being in that tier, but I don't know enough to really say.
i thought the same, but GAW has a few really abusable properties that keep him out IMO, like half of his aerials not having l cancels, terribad shield and throw combo weight, awful recovery, ect.

i'd be more inclined to put mewtwo with zelda and roy, but honestly it's probably just those 2 really.

i could see zelda being higher than roy maybe, they're so close it doesn't matter really.

roy's DD game is clearly better than any of the characters below him by itself.

Top Bottom