• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

Doc King

Smash Lord
You really are ********.

ROM3 Bracket:

Ganons that I know about: RockCrock, 13th place, Kage, 17th place.

Samuses that I know about: HugS, 9th place, Darrell, 17th place, HugQ, 33rd place.

Docs that I know about: HomeMadeWaffles, 17th place.

DGDTJ Bracket:

Ganons: Mr Ganondorf, 25th place.

Samuses: HugS, 9th place, Darrell, 25th place, Violence, 33rd place.

Docs: Shroomed, 13th place, HomeMadeWaffles, 17th place.

Apex, PoE3, etc.

Docs don't outplace both Samuses and Ganons, nor do they place in top 10 consistently.

If you're just going to state two big statements about Samus and Ganon(btw, Samus's moves are pretty fast) and use that to justify why they're worse than Doc, then you really are just making yourself look stupid.

Personally, I don't agree that Ganon and Samus should be below Doc, but I can respect the fact that the BRoomers put actual thought into the decision, unlike you.
Completely false about me. I think I just don't have much Melee knowledge. I think that Doc has a very good metagame with his super sheet, good gimps, good combos, and strong attacks.

The 3 are all close, but I think that Doc takes the lead of them cause of these. :awesome:

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I'm not sure why this opening says that this tier list is based on recent tourney results, I don't see how that can be the case when members of the back room voted.

Rappster

Smash Ace
Completely false about me. I think I just don't have much Melee knowledge. I think that Doc has a very good metagame with his super sheet, good gimps, good combos, and strong attacks.

The 3 are all close, but I think that Doc takes the lead of them cause of these. :awesome:
Its not your lack of knowledge.
its your inability to understand criticism and basic rules of logic.

I'm not sure why this opening says that this tier list is based on recent tourney results, I don't see how that can be the case when members of the back room voted.
since when are those two things mutually exclusive?

Violence

Smash Lord

If you don't have much knowledge, then don't talk like you have any.

Ganon has amazing range and disjoints, incredible priority, ridiculous power, and excellent edge guarding.

Samus has fast hits with good range, a great crouch cancel, excellent shield game, solid horizontal kill moves, along with a great recovery and edgeguard game.

All three are decent characters in the same tier level. To just say that Doc is better because of his strengths without even looking how the other characters play is just useless input.

Rappster

Smash Ace
If you don't have much knowledge, then don't talk like you have any.

Ganon has amazing range and disjoints, incredible priority, ridiculous power, and excellent edge guarding.

Samus has fast hits with good range, a great crouch cancel, excellent shield game, solid horizontal kill moves, along with a great recovery and edgeguard game.

All three are decent characters in the same tier level. To just say that Doc is better because of his strengths without even looking how the other characters play is just useless input.
its pointless to list their strengths too.
their placement on the tier list has to do with their matchups, not necessarily either's strengths...

Link has a the most powerful semispike in the game, a nair with great range, he's relatively heavy, three projectiles, and strong uair and dair. he should be higher

doesn't he sound just as good as doc, samus or Ganon?
If i don't mention that he gets ***** by spacies and shiek...

t3h Icy

Smash Master
ERROR: DK should be -2, not -4.

Edit:

ERROR: The ordering for Marth player statistics is in Alphabetical order rather than Numerical order.

Just trying to help. :3

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
pretty good list, i would say this is a pretty accurate order i would personally move ganondorf up a few because i truely think hes pretty underrated as well as the iceys i would move iceys up a place or 2 as well as gannon

otherwise its a good representation of todays metagame

JPOBS

Smash Hero
roy above mewtwo is silly considering the standard set by "definition" in the first post.

so is Peach at #6. But i guess this board would implode if you guys had the nuts to put Peach above sheik and marth lolol

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Ntsc jpobs.
yea i kno but doesn't armada come into our tournies and f*** everyone?

and when was the last time a roy did anything Taj does?

i mean, if the list is based off of "tourny results" enough that one tournament by one pikachu is enough to move pika 4 spots up, then there should be some consistency and put peach above marth/sheik and move mewtwoabove roy.

consistency is all i ask.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero

i mean, if the list is based off of "tourny results" enough that one tournament by one pikachu is enough to move pika 4 spots up, then there should be some consistency and put peach above marth/sheik and move mewtwoabove roy.

armada lost to amsah, hence sheik > peach.

theres u reasoning right thurrrrr

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ic's only really bad matchup is peach

even then

wobbles is pretty darn good at it

i wanna be as good as him lawl

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
hey, i voted on this

:)

I can't put a character that has almost auto-lose vs 1-2 characters at 8th, I'm sorry :urg:
ICE CLIMBERS ARE EIGHTH - SAMI SUCKS AT VOTING EDITION

to be honest, each person who voted weighs certain aspects of what a tier list should consist of differently.

for example, XXX might feel that tournament placement is more important than YYY thinks it is.

so it's an amalgam of opinions and stuff

Klaw

Smash Cadet
falcon is still elite, that's nice

although he is at the bottom of the elite chars

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
to be honest, each person who voted weighs certain aspects of what a tier list should consist of differently.

for example, XXX might feel that tournament placement is more important than YYY thinks it is.

so it's an amalgam of opinions and stuff
Somehow, I think this quote

Is more accurate

Than this quote

A tier list is a list of characters ranked best to worst in their likelihood to perform well in a tournament setting in the near future based on recent, relevant tournament results. We then separate characters at statistically significant gaps to be grouped with their relative equals, and those groupings are called "tiers". A tier list is, in essence, a "prediction" list as to how any given character will fare in a competitive setting. We naturally assume top level of play.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Hi KK.

SleepyK's post that KK quoted is one of two main reasons I had little interest in this project. The other is that the definition of a tier list used here essentially ranks the characters based on how they perform against the most popular characters in the present, which isn't something I find interesting since it depends on factors outside of the game itself; I can see why other people might find this interesting/useful, though.

*kind of off-topic*
I've been toying around with my own means of ranking the top 11 characters solely based on how they perform against each other and I actually have everything I need aside from some numbers. I can probably get a tentative version of that done in about a week assuming that this one weird and unlikely condition that ****s up my weighting algorithm doesn't raise its ugly head.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
sypherphoenix was actually working on the same thing.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
A tier list is a list of characters ranked best to worst in their likelihood to perform well in a tournament setting in the near future based on recent, relevant tournament results. We then separate characters at statistically significant gaps to be grouped with their relative equals, and those groupings are called "tiers". A tier list is, in essence, a "prediction" list as to how any given character will fare in a competitive setting. We naturally assume top level of play.
Is this taking match-ups/character tools into consideration? Or is the bolded sounding like exactly what I think the bolded is saying?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Interesting. Whatever lol.

MU wise YL is above m2, but based on results roy and YL and zelda would easily be below.

For the most part I like the tier breaks tho

Top Bottom