• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I don't really think falco loses to anyone. Fox and marth are essentially even tho imo, and peach, jiggs, and sheik only lose by a tad. I think fox barely loses to falco but generally beats characters by a slightly higher margin than falco (better matchups with marth, peach, sheik, jiggs, Ganon, etc.)

Niko45

Smash Master
Why do you think so, Niko?
Well Falco has more mobility than Peach even laserless, more range, and as fast/faster hitboxes. There isn't really any excuse for him not to outspace Peach every step of the way. To top it off, he has a huge control advantage by winning the projectile war soundly. The one downside for him is that his shield pressure is higher risk and lower reward than usual, but you can still do safe stuff like laser grab or laser spaced ftilt on shield in order to maintain some pressure without putting yourself at risk. Peach isn't well designed to take advantage of powershielding either so there's not much potential for approaching there.

Basically Peach needs mistakes so it depends how forgiving you are of human error in judging a matchup because if Falco doesn't over commit he's going to beat Peach soundly. It may take a while but it'll happen. Even if he does mess up, Falco has probably the best pressure escape in the game by being able to full hop to top platform, meaning if Peach gives him any daylight he should be able to reset himself.

Fox beats Falco because he slips through the cracks in Falco's zoning better than anyone and is a threat to kill Falco off of ANY hit whatsoever.

Max?

Smash Champion
Well Falco has more mobility than Peach even laserless, more range, and as fast/faster hitboxes. There isn't really any excuse for him not to outspace Peach every step of the way. To top it off, he has a huge control advantage by winning the projectile war soundly. The one downside for him is that his shield pressure is higher risk and lower reward than usual, but you can still do safe stuff like laser grab or laser spaced ftilt on shield in order to maintain some pressure without putting yourself at risk. Peach isn't well designed to take advantage of powershielding either so there's not much potential for approaching there.

Basically Peach needs mistakes so it depends how forgiving you are of human error in judging a matchup because if Falco doesn't over commit he's going to beat Peach soundly. It may take a while but it'll happen. Even if he does mess up, Falco has probably the best pressure escape in the game by being able to full hop to top platform, meaning if Peach gives him any daylight he should be able to reset himself.

Fox beats Falco because he slips through the cracks in Falco's zoning better than anyone and is a threat to kill Falco off of ANY hit whatsoever.
Agreed with this entire post

S l o X

Smash Champion
I agree with that post too but I don't think Falco loses hard to Fox by any means. (not that he said this)

55-45 at best.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Fox is, in all seriousness, one of the best characters at exploiting Falco's "My powers are greatly cut down when I'm not in control" weakness.

That said, arbitrarily dying in one hit is a real problem.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium

I think Peach has a really good tool for decreasing the worth of his lasers, and concerning the purpose of his lasers (which is to lock down), I don't think she suffers that much from them. Certainly his projectile is better, but she shouldn't be relying on turnips, anyways (outside of edgeguards).

I think her float cancelled aerials give her enough of an approach to where she doesn't only have mistakes to rely on. Her strength is defense, for sure, but she isn't without tools to force herself into his zone.

As far as powershielding goes, I think Armada has proven that she has viable options out of PS. At the very least, it's a decently useful tactic that can force an approaching Falco to reconsider his approach.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i've internalized a lot of peach facts just from observing macd and armada, and nowadays when i play peach i feel like i'm playing one of the best characters in the game lol. that puff weakness is pretty annoying but dude, she's so good LOL

i can't believe it's not butter i'm fabio

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Why does Fox's utilt have hitboxes inside the hitboxes? o_O

hitboxception
Utilt has a different angle against grounded opponents than it does against aerial opponents. The hitboxes are basically at the same location. Same happens on Doc's usmash for example.

Aerial: 80 or 84 depending on spacig.
Grounded: 110 (sends them in front of Fox by 20 degrees)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
D-tilt > reverse Up+B is, in fact, a true combo. And can be tech chased into. Fortunately, Pichu and GaW are famed for their extremely long tech rolls and ability to mixup tech options effectively.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
honestly though when i do bobacks for example, i start paying attention a lot more to my execution. it is decent advice

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
It was more than that lolz. It was like, "Don't worry about the crowd. Tune everything else out. Play your game."

Axe is too hard lolz.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
axe is great

but pikachu is so beatable

all his "range" comes from his running short hop, which is a HUGE commitment.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
pika's game plan is to use his running nair. he'll probably dash dance a lot or use some thunder jolts to set it up, but that's generally his main approach.

if u recognize that the running nair is his main tool, u can intercept it with many things.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
why 20?

lol

peach's nair
fox utilt
falco utilt
shield grab w/ many characters (maybe wd back shield grab since he'll usually want to cross you up)
ice climbers blizzard
ice climbers fsmash
ice climbers ftilt
marth nair
marth fair

idk im tired of this now

u can shield and if he doesnt cross u up, shield grab

u can shield and if he does cross u up, hold shield and wait to see he uairs, or you can c-stick roll away

Top Bottom