• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

stelzig

Smash Lord
2011 member thinking he knows everything about the game. It is cool to see someone confident in his main for a change though.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Personally I think fox and falco are better than the characters below by a significant enough margin to divide the tier.

Fox/Falco

Sheik/Puff
Marth

Peach
Falcon
ICs

Doc/Ganon
Samus
Pikachu

Beat!

Smash Master
I think Marth and Sheik are better than Puff. I also think they should at least be in the same tier as Fox and Falco, and possibly/probably above Falco.

Stevo

Smash Champion
Top 6 characters individual positions on the tier list are debatable, but pretty much everyone agrees that none of them should be placed any lower than that. (for the most part)

which I think shows pretty clearly that they should be 1 tier above the rest.

My personal opinion currently is

Fox
Falco
Jiggs
Sheik
Marth
Peach

for example, but I think most of us can agree those 6 are above the rest.

I don't really see a reason fox/falco should be a higher tier, nor do I see a reason peach should be a lower tier. At least for the time being.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
you only think my posts are annoying because you disagree with me

i can't believe people still think puff is that good haha

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hm true that

and i getchu stevo, maining those characters probably skews my perspective by a lot LOL

yall can go on believing she's top three, but i'm just glad i'll usually win

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Depends on how far apart the tiers are. Imo the distance between fox and falco is smaller than the distance between falco and sheik or puff (imo falco is 2nd). Tiers can provide accuracy without implying a large gap between the tier in question and those below/above it.

john!

Smash Hero
characters should be separated into tiers based on how indisputable their placement in that tier would be

who would argue that fox and falco do not deserve to be top tier? very few people

who would argue that puff and sheik do not deserve to be top tier? very many people

fox and falco are widely considered the top two and they deserve their own tier. we can't even decide on who should be in third place; that alone should indicate that third place isn't in the same tier as the spacies

Warhawk

Smash Lord
who would argue that puff and sheik do not deserve to be top tier? very many people

fox and falco are widely considered the top two and they deserve their own tier. we can't even decide on who should be in third place; that alone should indicate that third place isn't in the same tier as the spacies
I haven't heard that many people argue that Sheik and Puff don't deserve top tier, just more than would argue the spacies aren't top tier. And why should Puff and Sheik both arguably being number 3 indicate them being a tier lower than the spacies? Either space animal could arguably be number 1, why does that make a difference? Sure there's a bigger gap from Falco to Sheik/Puff than from Fox to Falco but its not a ton larger. Its not near as large as the gap from Sheik/Puff to Marth and so they still deserve to be grouped together considering where most of the tier gaps are located are areas of considerably greater differences in character abilities than the jump from Falco to Sheik/Puff I'd argue.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The fact that the spacies are top 2 still say nothing about why Sheik/Puff should be a tier lower than them. There's a gap between the spacies and Sheik/Puff, but not large enough for a tier separation.

twizzlerj

Smash Journeyman
overall fox,falco,puff and sheik are amazing. I cant really place fox and falco in a separate tier since puff kinda beats them both. Those are the top 4 i dunno who's better between marth/peach. Im a noob so i think im gonna be ignored.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I think we should rank characters in terms of how attractive they'd be if they were placed in seductive poses.

Anand

Smash Journeyman
The fact that the spacies are top 2 still say nothing about why Sheik/Puff should be a tier lower than them. There's a gap between the spacies and Sheik/Puff, but not large enough for a tier separation.
John wasn't saying it's because spacies are top 2. He's saying that almost everyone believes spacies are top 2, while people are relatively undecided between Jigglypuff, Sheik, Marth, etc taking the next spot, which he claims is an indicator that spacies are significantly better (the point being, it's close between puff/sheik/marth/whatever, but it's clear that spacies are top two, indicating that they aren't really close to the non-spacies).

I don't necessarily agree that everyone believes spacies are top two, but I think John's argument seems reasonable (if we assume that everyone believes spacies are top two) and it looks like you misread it.

twizzlerj

Smash Journeyman
somewhere i saw m2k say it was falco,puff then fox i dunno what to think of that i would have to observe more match ups to understand the logic behind it.

twizzlerj

Smash Journeyman
m2k's logic is that he uses fox so fox is worse than the others :)
simple but yea i think it can go farther then that to a certain extent i can see why falco can look/be better then fox i think the match up it pretty even but i don't know what the other match ups would make them look. I would like to say there tied for first.

Top Bottom