• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

rhan

Smash Hero

rhan

Smash Hero
Is any low tier match-up with Falco even good enough to say they don't get *****?

rhan

Smash Hero
Well with that logic. All you have to do is sneeze on Falco and he loses a stock.

But in all seriousness Mewtwo is about the only character to possible do work against Falco. And it's still a pretty terrible match-up (So I heard).

Zone

Smash Champion
Is her MU with falco good enough to say she doesnt get *****?
She handles falco really well. It's just falcon fox and sheik that absolutely force you to hold a at start. Although Marth isn't impossible you might as well hold a for him too

Also if peach knows the matchup I'd rather hold a as well because then it's a campfest

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
She handles falco really well. It's just falcon fox and sheik that absolutely force you to hold a at start. Although Marth isn't impossible you might as well hold a for him too

Also if peach knows the matchup I'd rather hold a as well because then it's a campfest
hmm interesting. When does she get openings to attack? You would think she would have a hard time dealing with falcos approach and then on top of that be almost unable to shield grab.

unless by handles falco u mean having those easy powershields and the occasional nayrus love to keep falco from lasering her to death.
Well with that logic. All you have to do is sneeze on Falco and he loses a stock.

But in all seriousness Mewtwo is about the only character to possible do work against Falco. And it's still a pretty terrible match-up (So I heard).
Yea m2 falco is still pretty bad. Even with super abilities. M2 can def put in some work, but you really have to be good at dealing with lasers vs a top notch falco. U also still will get ****ed if they kno how to soft/reverse bair/nair combo because then ur always in danger of being spiked or baired and then m2 doesnt even live long vs falco.

When ppl get better at SDI, like just SDI normal hits, m2 will probably be too ineffective to even be considered fun.

Hack

Smash Journeyman
Kirby needs to be moved up. He has one impossible matchup - Fox. The other aren't as bad as the Tier List implies. 100-0 vs Marth? No, not close to that, not even in NTSC. He goes even with Falcon, close with Sheik, not too bad vs Marth and when he gets Falcos ability out of a tech chase, it goes from like 85-15 to a slight Kirby advantage (seriously, Falco is FU CKED vs Kirbys double lasers). Sure, his matchups vs Doc, Yoshi, YL and Samus are pretty bad (not terrible though), but otherwise he does well against most characters (advantage vs Ness, Pichu, GaW, Bowser, perhaps Link and DK as well).

People used to believe M2 was worthless until Taj started using him, and then suddenly, he moved up more than a whole tier. Kirby is just underused.

rhan

Smash Hero
YL v Kirby is pretty terrible for Kirby.

If Kirby goes even with Falcon then Young Link must be a hard counter.

Falco v Kirby is still bad even if by some miracle Kirby gets Falco's power.

There really is no point to argue for Kirby...

Hack

Smash Journeyman
YL v Kirby is pretty terrible for Kirby.
(this I can agree on, Kirby gets camped almost as bad as vs Fox)

If Kirby goes even with Falcon then Young Link must be a hard counter.
(wrong, Kirby. Actually. Goes. Even. With. Falcon. Ylink gets countered like 65-35 or so, I'm not sure)

Falco v Kirby is still bad even if by some miracle Kirby gets Falco's power.
(To get the ability vs a top Falco is close to impossible, yes. When he does, it's at least even, probably 60-40 Kirby. And Falco is after all Kirby's 2nd or 3rd worst matchup)

There really is no point to argue for Kirby...
(and yet I try to convince the blissfully oblivious ones about how underrated he is. Gotta love that uphill battle =D)
Just saying.

silverbolt1995

Smash Rookie
The only problems I see with this is that Marth should've stayed at 2nd or 3rd place. Next, Ness should be ranked higher, while Bowser should be ranked below both Kirby and Pichu. DK should rank higher than Pikachu. That's all I can think of.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Having the number 1 most used character as an impossbile matchup honestly makes your character have 0 tournament viability and thus deserves no higher place on the tier list >_>

Just sayin'

lwouis

Smash Cadet
Great work. I agree with the list, and by the way, the presentation is well done.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
back in the day azens link won a tournament...what does that have to do with anything
absolutely nothing

because it's just one player beating another player in a hard MU

much in the same way that Taj beating SS in a game in a hard MU is just Taj beating SS in a game in a hard MU

**** sometimes just happens

stingers

Smash Obsessed
nah **** that happened in like 2003 means nothing. winning a game in a hard MU in TODAYS metagame proves the characters not as bad as people say.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Nah, not really.

Especially with low tiers, a lot of wins are attributable to factors outside of the game... the big one being matchup familiarity (or lack thereof).

I assure you, SS does not know the Mewtwo MU nearly as well as Taj knows the Mewtwo-Falcon MU. Inexperience like that, and not knowing how to beat a character, can really suck when the opponent is actually good with them. Like, top level player good.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Young Link is significantly better vs Puff than Mewtwo is

Since Puff is not only the best character but also belongs in a tier of her own

This makes Young Link better

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
lmfao kk
i wonder what goes through your head on a daily basis

Top Bottom