• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Official FAQ and QnA Thread - Ask Your Questions Here!

PoPPa

Smash Rookie
Thanks alot for the help both of you who replied, I'm practicing it as we speak. I think it'll take some time to incorporate into my game, especially when I play my gf who LOVES edgeguard Marth. lol.

Thanks again.

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
Thanks alot for the help both of you who replied, I'm practicing it as we speak. I think it'll take some time to incorporate into my game, especially when I play my gf who LOVES edgeguard Marth. lol.

Thanks again.
Just be careful with it. If you keep spamming it and they know it's coming, it's easy to counter. Just mix it up every now and then.

Spife

Smash Master
I'd say the three best are
HDL
Skler
GERM

THen there's Blazing, Shaeman, Stos, Deva (if he still plays) are some higher level links.

AyatoK26

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kaminakid
A banned stage is a stage that is illegal unless both players agree to play on it. Am I rite? And a counterpick stage is....what again? Also, I heard striking before but what is that as well?

X1-12

Smash Champion
A banned stage is a stage that is illegal unless both players agree to play on it. Am I rite?
yup

a counterpick stage is....what again? Also, I heard striking before but what is that as well?
A Counterpick is a legal stage which you can pick against your opponant if you lose the first match, Sets will often be best of 3 or 5 and the first match with be on a neutral stage (normally Final Destination, Poke Stadium and Battlefield) which is selected randomly, after this first match the lose gets to 'counterpick' a stage to play on, they can pick from a selected list called couterpick stages.

I heard striking before but what is that as well?

Basically some tournaments do this to decide which stage is played on first. Imagine there is a list of 5 legal stages. Player A will choose to ban ('strike') one stage, then player B will ban 2, then player A will ban 1 more stage, leaving only one left, the first round is played on this stage and after that is is usualy counterpicking

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
What should I do with Peach after F-throwing Fox offstage? Any percent. I suck at gimping after F-throw at medium percents especially (like, around 50%). What are common recovery strats that Fox will do after F-throw and how do I respond to them effectively?

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
What should I do with Peach after F-throwing Fox offstage? Any percent. I suck at gimping after F-throw at medium percents especially (like, around 50%). What are common recovery strats that Fox will do after F-throw and how do I respond to them effectively?
Bair or Nair are your best bets. Both beat illusion, but they sometimes trade with firefox when spaced incorrectly. (Nair does that more than bair)

Vro

Smash Lord
There is no official rule set. Look at large tournaments (Genesis, Pound 4) for respected rule sets.

Xianglian

Smash Journeyman
ok, i'm a noob gimme a break, but what exactly is the point of L cancelling. I've been shown how to do it, bt i have never actually seen it worked into play, hewlp

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Falcon can't combo nearly as well if you don't L-cancel with him. Doing aerial moves quickly and minimizing the resultant landing lag is incredibly important. If you want to see L-cancelling worked into play, watch any high level tournament video or combo video.

Here's the Pound 4 thread if you're wondering where to find videos: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=261650

Xianglian

Smash Journeyman
Falcon can't combo nearly as well if you don't L-cancel with him. Doing aerial moves quickly and minimizing the resultant landing lag is incredibly important. If you want to see L-cancelling worked into play, watch any high level tournament video or combo video.

Here's the Pound 4 thread if you're wondering where to find videos: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=261650
Wow, that helped a lot, thank you

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Whats the best FFA character to use if you are playing mostly nubs? I play fox, peach, falco, and shiek.
Ganon imo, hitting three people with a huge hitbox is awesome. Reverse upair edgegaurding 2+ is AMAZING.

No other answer is acceptable.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Whats the best FFA character to use if you are playing mostly nubs? I play fox, peach, falco, and shiek.
You pick Jigglypuff and then rising pound stall forever high above the stage. When they whine about it you tell them there's no rule against it and you're just playing to win.

:lick:

Lovage

Smash Hero
I got a question

when ever i try to do play melee my girl friend walks in and says give me the chocolate and i proceed i know everyone but me and my girl friend are puking and passing out, After everyone is pass out and my girl friend is done with my chocolate i'm left with a stained carpet and gamecube controller with the smell of puke and poo.

how can i solve this problem so i can play melee and make sure my girl friend is happy?
make sure u reset the stick to neutral before you try to air dodge

Top Bottom