• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Official FAQ and QnA Thread - Ask Your Questions Here!

Lovage

Smash Hero
no

if it works for you go for it, unless you foresee it messing with other parts of your game there's no reason to switch

The Marth

Smash Apprentice
So I recently got back into SSB, attending a few brawl tourneys and smashfests a year or so ago. I figured that its time to pick melee up again, and see what I can remember about the game (though I'm loads better with brawl, melee is still much more fun to me).

Seeing as though I'm a Marf main in brawl, I went back to see if my melee skill was as good with him on SSBM... It's not. Haha. Instead I tried out a few characters, and one that really stuck out for me was Falco (my 2nd in Brawl). I was able to pick up l-cancelling and the shorthopping (with lazers) quite quickly with Falco. My dilemma lies here: Should I continue to advance with falco as my Melee-main and put Marth on the backburner? Or stick to a character I'm much more comfortable with, if less technically skilled?

I'm able to shuffle aerials with Falco, something that I can acheive once in a blue moon with Marth. However, I'm less clumsy with Marth, SD's are nonexistant and wavedashing comes very naturally for me- something that I can't seem to achieve when playing Falco.

Thoughts?

X1-12

Smash Champion
play marth, even though he's less technically skilled you should allways play who you are comfortable with playing

QUESTION

can you buffer attacks with the C-stick? for example you wavedash then do a smash attack, if you press the C-stick during the landing lag from the wavedash will it do the smash on the first available frame?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
yeah play as who you like and isn't ness.

But hey, if your drilling someone like fox/puff/kirby/yoshi dair or pichu/pikachu fair can they cc after the first hit or when they are being draged down and hit the ground?

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Well the Jigglypuff boards don't really have a Q and A so I'm trying my luck in here. How does Jigglypuff in general do on every tournament allowed stages? A simple answer to each stage with either Good, Neutral or Bad will do.

Also do you have any tips on fighting Sheik? Like general ways to beat Sheik's common habits?

I hope this isn't too much work to answer, but I think it might be :(

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Scabe, The puff boards have the "Ask Mango stuff about puff' which i think serves as their Q&A. You might get better answers there :)

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Not sure, but I think she dies pretty easily there (never played a puff there but i can imagine this being a problem).

TresChikon

Smash Lord
I would speculate that it's because she can't effectively edgeguard/cover options/bair camp/rest as well as the other stages since its huge and moving and stuff.

But wut do i no?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
if your doing a move that drags people down like pichu's fair or fox's dair can they CC at anytime? like if they where in the air or are hit by the 1st hit on the ground.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
again those moves are very different.

for example, you can't CC fox's dair but you can CC->**** pichu's fair all day long.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I don't understand.I just looked at the frame data unless fox has like 2x stun(I know he doesn't, fox can't dair f-tilt like pichu).

frame 10 pichu hits the first part of fair

frame 11-13 they hold down to CC

frame 14-till lands it is CCed

is this what your saying? that you can CC when in stun

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
pichu can't fair->ftilt unless the opponent puts down their controller. They can put their shield up before pichu's land lag ends without having to CC.

some of the major differences between the moves is that pichu's fair has verticle knockback and scaling knockback while fox's has no knockback and set hitstun.

stop making me put pichu on my dolphin.

AXE 09

Smash Master
alright, i need to know

i know that pikachu has 16 possible angles of which he can perform his up-b

but what about pichu? i could've sworn that he has 32 possible angles, but i read somewhere else that he has 16 just like pikachu

how many angles does pichu have? 16 or 32?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
fair f-tilt doesn't work? hmmmm. well pikachu should never ever use fair then.

thanks for your time also very nice jacket on your avatar I love a good jacket.

also I did that ^^^ the player that won't let pichu die.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
but you get the benefit of being able to tech if you're hit but tried to lcancel
Same if you L-cancel with a trigger, just don't depress it all the way down.

When lag canceling with a trigger, do you have to press it all the way down, or just slightly as if you're light shielding?
You can press it as if you were light shielding.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
fair f-tilt doesn't work? hmmmm. well pikachu should never ever use fair then.

thanks for your time also very nice jacket on your avatar I love a good jacket.

also I did that ^^^ the player that won't let pichu die.
Well, only if you edgecancel it or in the air to combat floaties, but otherwise it's pretty crummy.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
no fair f-tilt is legit(if not CCed and depends on who) heck once or twice i've gotten fair up-tilt vs kirby in training mode. i've done this and i've seen it with my eyes.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
i tested it twice in AR and both times the opponent was able to shield before pichu's lcancel frames ended.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
there would be a lot of lag and it lkills a lot of fun, part of the fun is LOLing with your buddy as you smash.

plus someone esle could reg. many times or have someone read the foe.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
so 2 things i've understood to be true are:

*the best way to DI a move is perpendicular to the initial trajectory
*crouch-cancelling halves both your knockback and stun-time

so would the best way to DI be pressing down and then very quickly pressing the "correct, best DI"? ignoring the fact that it would be insanely difficult to apply this to most instances, since most moves don't hit for enough frames for a human to easily command multiple DI inputs...is it even possible, or does the ASDI part of CC'ing kill that possibility?
don't know if this has been often thought of, but i finally put two and two together and just started wondering. don't have my copy of melee to test it out, either. halp.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
no your best way to DI would be to decide if you want to CC or if you want to DI for survival, and then doing one or the other. You can't combine the two.

cjugs

Smash Ace
How do you get different costumes for charcters? i know how to change the color but i have seen like corps like link in melee and im wondering how to get it anyone know?

Top Bottom