• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Official FAQ and QnA Thread - Ask Your Questions Here!

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
ok.

so is there a name for the frame where it looks like you're turned around but if you do anything such as jump, you turn back around?

we should call it the bl@ck frame.

nah but really, that is important information. idk where i read that he can turn in one frame, but that one frame makes a lot of my chaingrabs (especially since i'm starting to attempt the one on falco more, in attempts to change that matchup) go to waste. i turn around and grab, but i start my grab too soon, so ganon turns back around and grabs.

that bl@ck frame really is a pain in the ***...
yea its just the frame b4 ur turn around animation completes.

Im not 100% sure but in my exp Ive noticed that if u shield u seem to finish the turnaround animation faster and go into the shield one. so u might try turn around shield grab and u might have more success. let me kno if it works at all.

I just kno m2 has a slow *** turnaround and I use the shield tactic to position myself quickly when ppl try to attack thru me and I can shield grab where they would have landed behind me.

Is it possible to do the color glitch in teams so that everyone has the same color?
Technically none of the colors will be the same. There is a single player glitch that up to 4 ppl can have the same character and same costume with no differences.

but as per normal in teams, you will get normal red, darker red, lighter red, and a shadow black. Normally u dont have access to the 4th because u cant normally have 4 vs none.

You can also use this method to produce a computer foe who will not attack you at all. Its really good for tech skill practice because u can waveland around the stage with little interruption and also practice combos.

u and comp on same team, team attack on, and damage ration .5. really legit to practice nair shines and stuff. You can also set your handicap to 1 and theirs to 9 and they will move even less.
no but you can start the game with everyone on the same team via name entry glitch
were u referring to what I explained above? or something else?

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
So I have no idea if this has been asked or not, but none of my searches have come up with anything.

What is the difference in your input between pressing Z causing you to grab and pressing Z causing you to lightshield?

mers

Smash Ace
So I have no idea if this has been asked or not, but none of my searches have come up with anything.

What is the difference in your input between pressing Z causing you to grab and pressing Z causing you to lightshield?
I believe if you are holding Z when your character ends any sort of lag, your light shield comes up. So basically, if you get the light shield, you must be trying to grab too quickly after some other action.

So if you're trying to grab quickly, I recommend holding shield and spamming the A button (since you can't buffer grabs).

TheGoat

Smash Ace
What exactly did mango do to get banned? Was he that bad of a troll or something?

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
So I was fox stalling on the ledge, and I somehow ****ed up a shine>firefox>regrab stall ( such a scrub ), and some how did instead Shine>walljump back onto the edge of the stage facing away from the middle of the stage. I have never seen this and can't reproduce it. I was on FD and shined as soon as i let go of the stage ( as one would normally do to do the shine>firefox regrab ).

explain this to me, because I want to do it more....

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
no, I was hanging on the ledge, let go and shined thinking I was going to firefox right after to regrab, but instead of going into the up B from shine i walljumped but landed on the edge of the stage facing out. It looked like I did a reallllllly tiny wall jump the edge of the stage and then did my mid air back flip jump onto the stage. But I can't get it again.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
uhh

it wasn't the doraki instant walljump if the shine came out.

probably you were just imprecise with your control stick and as you were jumping up it tilted away enough to register a walljump. and then something else... idk. weird. but not a doraki jump.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
maybe he just turned around in his shine and jumped onto the stage thinking he did a wall jump o_O Did you maybe DI into the stage after the shine animation ended (not JC'ing it) and then wall jump?

What it boils down to, from your story i mean, is you either JC'd your shine with a wall jump instead of a jump (i dont think that's possible) or what you described didn't happen the way you remember it happening.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
nah, he probably dropped down some, did a shine, jumped out of it, walljumped, and jumped onstage.

wait do you regain a second jump by walljumping?

Kanelol

Smash Lord
ledge drop wall jump reverse double jump shine

probably

or your eyes saw wrong, cuz that sounds pretty much impossible

MooseEatsBear

Smash Journeyman
I believe if you are holding Z when your character ends any sort of lag, your light shield comes up. So basically, if you get the light shield, you must be trying to grab too quickly after some other action.

So if you're trying to grab quickly, I recommend holding shield and spamming the A button (since you can't buffer grabs).
So... you're buffering the light shield? That's why I end up light shielding instead of grabbing all the time?

mers

Smash Ace
Exactly. You know how if you hold R during lag, your shield comes up when the lag ends? Z is just a macro for "halfway pressed R + A button." Since holding R + A doesn't buffer a shieldgrab, but rather just a shield, holding Z does the same thing.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
How do you hack Melee with texture edits?

Kanelol

Smash Lord
yeah shine u-air is possible

i can't see youtube videos at school but i'm assuming Star King linked Alex19's video

you know, the one with Lux Aeterna in the background where he just ***** the bejeezus out of lvl 9 cpus

Amide

Smash Lord
Lots of times I hear about smashers who say they have performed significantly different because of the controller they are using... Does this make a big difference for all smashers? And if so why?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Actually on the shine upair....One of the times M2k came to WA he got hit by shine upair by a random. M2k must have SDI to get out of that upair Crazy hard lol, but SDI'd the shine instead LMAO.

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
Why shouldn't I play against level 9 CPU's to get better? And what level of CPU should I be playing against to get better?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
The only thing you can practice on CPUs is tech skill and static combos. CPUs will never change what they do, including the way they DI. The things CPUs do are things human players will almost never do. If you want to do some training and theres no human around, either plug in an empty controller or use a lvl1 computer.

Top Bottom