• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Brawl Tier Discussion (OP Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Sakurai is soo biased, he thinks hes so smart by not letting Kirby overpowered(so no one finds out :p) and lets his other 2 characters overpowered(DDD and MK) it makes sense sorta >_>

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Why would I go bat**** on anyone for saying Snake is better then Marth?

He is.

Snake is a busted character and Marth is not.

chckn

Smash Ace
Sakurai is soo biased, he thinks hes so smart by not letting Kirby overpowered(so no one finds out :p) and lets his other 2 characters overpowered(DDD and MK) it makes sense sorta >_>
confusing

10losts

*edit* neiter, he's somewhere inbetween. Imo his matchups do not allow him to be in the same division as snake/mk but he is deffinately no chump. He is a great character and second on the high tier to GW imo.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Anyway, I left this thread alone more or less since the Metagame has pretty much stopped evolving.

You guys are still debating this?

I mean the characters that matter i.e Top tier and high tier and arguably mid tier are pretty much done.

Low tier and bottom tier is just common sense after that.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Anyway, I left this thread alone more or less since the Metagame has pretty much stopped evolving.

You guys are still debating this?

I mean the characters that matter i.e Top tier and high tier and arguably mid tier are pretty much done.

Low tier and bottom tier is just common sense after that.
I think mid and low are pretty debatable. You're right about high and top, though. All people do with those is debate the exact placement of the characters.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Thanks to all the criticism i had i re-edited the list
*REMEMBER !!!! the characters are placed in a general range
*they are not set in a particular order

- Snake
- Meta Knight

High
- Wario
- Mr. Game & Watch
- Marth
- Falco
- King Dedede
- R.O.B
- Luigi

Mid
- Toon Link
- Pikachu
- Wolf
- Mario
- Ike
- Pit
- Lucario
- Zero Suit Samus
- DK
- Olimar
- Diddy Kong
- Lucas
- Fox
- Shiek
- Kirby
- Pokemon Trainer
- Zelda
- Ice Climbers
- Ness
- Jigglypuff
- Peach

Low
- Yoshi
- Captain Falcon
- Samus
- Link
- Ganondorf
- Sonic

Bottom
- Bowser

I'm always open to hear if a character should be placed somewhere else

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I'd like to suggest that you separate the middle tier into upper mid and lower mid. I know they aren't in any order, but that's too many characters to distinguise from for one tier.

Oh, and I disagree with Bowser being the only Bottom character. That's all.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
Well...looking at it, I can tell you right off the bat that Bowser is not the worst fighter in the game. That's a tossup between Captain Falcon, Yoshi, and Samus. Bowser can, at least, do some decent damage.

chckn

Smash Ace
True. Honestly in 735 pages this thread has come to the consensus that snake is the best character in the game and Mk is the second best. At that rate in like 10,000 pages we should have a solid list!

Thanks to all the criticism i had i re-edited the list
*REMEMBER !!!! the characters are placed in a general range
*they are not set in a particular order
I lol'd pretty hard at this

Rambo23

Smash Rookie
Top:
Snake
Meta Knight
Game and Watch

High:
Marth
DeDeDe
ROB
Falco
Wario
Olimar

High Mid:
Pit
Wolf
Toon Link
Luigi
Pikachu
Lucario
Donkey Kong

Mid:
Diddy Kong
Luigi
Zelda
Kirby
Ice Climbers
Fox

Lower Mid:
Lucas
Ness
Sheik
Mario

Low:
Sonic
Ike
Bowser
Pokemon Trainer
Ganondorf
Peach
Link

Bottom:
Samus
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff
Yoshi

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
yoshi's better than Jigglypuff what kind of shananigans is this...who the hell can jigglypuff compete with 0_o.

Also...Sonic higher than Ike? when did this happen?

Roy_R

Smash Apprentice

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
I disagree with you. People can overcome flaws. Peach is considered low-mid in most circles, but a good Peach player can overcome her downsides and place well.

I've seen good Yoshi players out there.

You know, I like tiers, but people who stick to them overly really do prove the phrase "tiers are for queers". Tiers are good as a general guide of which characters are going to make it easiest to win. The lower on the list you pick a character, the better you'll need to learn the character and the more time you'll need to do well.

It might not be possible to win a tournament with those characters without being one of the best players on the planet, but you can still get pretty good with him and be able to beat most people.
Epic win post. Agreed:) (unless if the word 'queer' in TR4Q means 'gay' or something like that. but if it means '(v.) to spoil; ruin then i agree')

but i am pretty much obsessed with tier lists. but i still agree if you guys understand.

I used him in finals foo, I'm thinking about making Falcon my secondary, there may be some hope, as crazy as it sounds! hehe

Here are the vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW2IYvnjn5A&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA3oqNabKXk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2Ln89PdMI0&feature=related
THERE YOU ARE.

*Grabs by collar*

WHY? WHY DID YOU DO IT? YOU'VE RUINED ALL MY PLANS, ALL MY DESIGNS. I HAD ALL THE EVIDENCE IN THE WORLD TO PROVE FALCON WAS BAD, BUT YOU HAD TO GO AND GIVE PEOPLE HOPE. DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'VE DONE???

*Calms down*

TRAMD

Smash Cadet
My 2 cents:

I definitely agree with:
Snake
Meta Knight
DeDeDe.

I would also place some of these higher:
Wolf
Toon Link

Maybe:
Olimar
Pit
Ike

The lowest I would say definitely includes:
Link
Ganon
Samus
Jiggs
maybe Sonic

I am waiting for N.OW to get even better than he already is and prove that NESS is the man! What? Chaingrab? CRAP!

dethangel619

Smash Rookie
snake and meta knight are definitely top tier

marth, king dedede, ROB, wolf, falco, in high... not specifically in that order

and yoshi and peach arent that bad actually

iEatPikmin

Smash Journeyman
I'm probably a little behind, but why is Wario so high up? I'm not against it or anything, but why? And isn't Sonic bottom tier?

Corigames

Smash Hero
Wario is like Jigglypuff but much better. He's fat, easy to control, has super armor moves, and, every 2 minutes, he has an instant gimp. So, you kill them, kill them, instant kill them. Basically I think that's why he's higher than some characters.

Wario is like Jigglypuff but much better. He's fat, easy to control, has super armor moves, and, every 2 minutes, he has an instant gimp. So, you kill them, kill them, instant kill them. Basically I think that's why he's higher than some characters.
JIGGS IS NOT FAT >_>

She's just fluffy and filled with air, hell one of her taunts proves it >_>.

KingK

Smash Apprentice
Why don't we just confine discussion to one section of the Tier list for a page or two? See what happens. Since most people seem to agree on the top two tiers, how about we just try to discuss who should be in the bottom two tiers and in what order? Or we could just do the bottom tier.

I know it's probably pointless but I figured I might as well make the suggestion. It's probably been tried before (I haven't kept up with all 700 pages, obviously).

I'll say what I can about the Bottom tier:

I think the characters that belong here are probably Jigglypuff, Samus, Link, Captain Falcon, and maybe Yoshi. At least as of right now, based on what the tournaments have shown us and based on what we know about the characters (ATs and such). I think an argument could be made for Bowser and / or Ganondorf also being in the bottom tier, though that really depends on the makeup of the mid / lower mid and low tiers. I imagine a couple other characters could potentially be in the bottom tier, but I can't think of anyone that I feel is really bad enough for it.

What do you think?

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
also I kinda threw Peach in there because I did not know where to put her
Everyone making a tier list should implement this Perfect-Tierlist-Making technique, it's so accurate we wouldn't need the SBR have the final word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom