• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Brawl Tier Discussion (OP Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Aw man, I wasn't included in the list of flamers. :(

That... that's depressing. I've tried all this time, and what has it amounted to? Nothing. Wow.

*Puts hat on and starts playing a harmonica while walking into the sunset*

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
I just realized that when I saw that you were the last post here.
NSS, you better update that post or all hell's gonna break loose.
Or, at the very least, we'll have to listen to a ****ing harmonica. And no one wants that.

chckn

Smash Ace

That... that's depressing. I've tried all this time, and what has it amounted to? Nothing. Wow.

Don't beat yourself up, you're a great flamer! Just flame twice as hard next time and maybe youll get noticed.

ps. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YHCiC7IIg8

10charmonicas

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace

That was the most depressing thing I've heard in my entire life. I'll leave you boys to it. DETHKLOK RUUUUUUUUUUULES!

viparagon

Smash Ace
Rant Begins:

I see a lot of people saying stuff like, I can't compete with meta knight, all his moves out-prioritize mine....c'mon, Brawl is about strategy. Take Samus, who is a bottom tierer. I'd force him to come inside me, and then if i'm a split second ahead of my opponent, meta knight's priority goes out the window.
I lol'd at this

KingK

Smash Apprentice
Alright, well I guess since we can't even agree on the Bottom tier, mainly because whenever anybody says a character is in bottom tier, besides CF or Jiggs, somebody pops up and tries to defend their main by saying why their beloved character can't possibly be one of the worst in the game, why don't we try to reach some sort of consensus on, say, the Low Tier? Or the Mid tier?

chckn

Smash Ace
does anyone know what page hizzlum's list is on
lmao good luck finding that. I was actually looking for it a while back, but its hard to find it through all the fail in this thread. NSS's list is very similar to Hizzlum's if not better since it is up to date with tourney results. It's prob the most accurate one you will find.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I think I know why you blow at melee. you've played Brawl. Brawl is a like a cancer... a cancer killing smash. The only remedy is Melee. Melee is like Chemo. You start going and taking injections and it hurts... it hurts a lot. You feel completely different when playing Melee. But, after a while, you get better. The cancer starts to fade away!

I was gong somewhere with this... I know it >_>

eggs-on-toast

Smash Apprentice
The majority of 2008 people are casuals or semi-casuals that give very little care to the tournament metagame or how the average tournament goer thinks. Trying to explain them the tournament mindset is nearly impossible, and all they really do for this community is create strife amongst the people using this site for its original purpose, improving the tournament community.

Now, back on topic, has anyone noticed that those characters that we thought were bad are ending back up in the Unranked category? Especially Ganon. I still don't see how people think he could crawl out of bottom tier. One 40% combo and tech chasing don't mean crap if you can never land the first hit, after all.
But some of us are semi-casuals because of lack of tournaments, I'm too young (15) to travel to the likes of england where theres the odd tournament, (I'm from Belfast, northern Ireland) and theres no tournaments near me at all so i have a group of freinds and out of them I'm considered the best by them, not me:laugh: but I still want to improve.

Also on your point, some of us do respect the tournament players opinions, heck I agree with tiers simply because they exist in all games that aren't balanced to perfection. I also understand the tournament aspect and would like to help but have very limited experiance

Yes the majoraty of 2008 joiners don't give a toss about tournament scene but some do so please don't label us all as "n00bz" or whatever (not saying you did or anything) because a few wish we were above semi casual level.

On topic: I agree completly with the ganon statement he should be in the bottom teir or at the very, VERY highest, near the bottom of low teir.

I think I know why you blow at melee. you've played Brawl. Brawl is a like a cancer... a cancer killing smash. The only remedy is Melee. Melee is like Chemo. You start going and taking injections and it hurts... it hurts a lot. You feel completely different when playing Melee. But, after a while, you get better. The cancer starts to fade away!

I was gong somewhere with this... I know it >_>
lol, Good analogy.

But yes, I am pretty bad. I can't get pilliarng down yet with Falco, I have trouble setting stuff up with Falcon, and I can't even consistently SHFFL in real Matches yet -_-.

Granted, I've got Wavedashing, and Dash/Crouch canceling down if that counts for anything <_<.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
You mean wavecheating.
I really need to go to a Melee tourney... I have this fantasy that I can beat good players with Pikachu.

Edit: @ NSS: Your sig is probably the worst analogy on SWF btw.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
You're the man now dog.
God, that site is awful.

On another topic, why is everyone quoting me as typing every word with a capital letter?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
lol back on topic, im concerned about sonic and DK's placement, they seem to be both very underated, DK is getting more rep than he used to but at the same time i dont really know how good he is

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
lol back on topic, im concerned about sonic and DK's placement, they seem to be both very underated, DK is getting more rep than he used to but at the same time i dont really know how good he is
I think the active members of this thread realize that DK is good, probably low high or High mid material. Sonic is probably low mid at this point. The ones that under-rate them tend to not know what they are talking about. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom