• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Brawl Tier Discussion (OP Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say low high or even Mid High.

on a side note.

OH MY GOD WHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT EVER GO INTO THE SHOWER CHEWING GUM AND DROP IT. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR HAIR DOWN THERE!!!!!!!!

Jing)

Smash Apprentice
Too all of those who say link is bottom tier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xSoo-y9aCk

Link is bad. But he's better than bottom tier material. Watch how he ***** samus who should be bottom tier.

This is also a good video that showcases many of Links AT's as he has so many of them and shows what could happen if someone took the time to learn them all.

Check out arrow cancels at 30 secs
and used through out the game

Jab cancel at 1:20 for a KO

Usefulness of DAC as an approach and kill move (final KO)

And the occasional zair spacing

Granted this samus player was not nearly as good as the link player but it just shows you that Link should be a whole tier above characters like samus.

Bottom for Link?
I think not......Low at the least

i watched this **** for 20 seconds and quit. that samus has never played the game before. lolz

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
Granted this samus player was not nearly as good as the link player but it just shows you that Link should be a whole tier above characters like samus.
Yeah... I don't think I see the logic here.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
I know a good bit about Samus in Brawl. Probably more than a lot of people, in fact. I know what I'm talking about when I say Samus is useless.
No, I'm not trying to say you don't know anything, I was just observing.
I was looking at your post and I was like... "Oh there's two pictures of Samus instead of three. Wait what?"

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
No, I'm not trying to say you don't know anything, I was just observing.
I was looking at your post and I was like... "Oh there's two pictures of Samus instead of three. Wait what?"
Oohhhh, yeah that. I was going to put Samus there, and then I realized I'm not much for BARLW these days.

h4rdcor3

Smash Journeyman
Just to make sure, whats the general consensus on Lucario? High Mid/Low High?
I believe Lucario at this point is still underestimated by most of the community. But I don't think that he will climb much higher in the list than where he is at. He is very versatile but has some very definite counter picks. Lucario has a huge advantage over most characters in the air. Someone who can control the air, like toon link with all the projectiles, will do very well. The whole aura buff that he gets is very tricky to manage as he is very dangerous at high damage but players must be very careful if they get too aggressive.

But most of you already know this.

I believe Lucario at this point is still underestimated by most of the community. But I don't think that he will climb much higher in the list than where he is at. He is very versatile but has some very definite counter picks. Lucario has a huge advantage over most characters in the air. Someone who can control the air, like toon link with all the projectiles, will do very well. The whole aura buff that he gets is very tricky to manage as he is very dangerous at high damage but players must be very careful if they get too aggressive.

But most of you already know this.
You win for having a TF2 Avy.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
I lol'd at this
Well I double lol'd. so I win.

For anyone still wondering, Link couldn't go Bottom Tier if he tried (well maybe tourney results could make him go there....but thats just pure results and ignoring everything else).

Link still has good reach with his fsmash , his projectile game still works (not as well).
Thus Link is Low Tier.

Now yoshi...wtf is he doing in bottom tier?
I think I have 1 more day before my super post on yoshi (.....which will probably not be so super because i am a lazy ******* who's busy running into buses because im bored and I don't feel like playing Medal of Honor 2 online currently and I have no money for new wii games.....but I digress.).

I think Sonic might be a low teir because of low range, poor priority and his two spin dashes.
That doesn't matter you don't become low tier because you have 2 moves that are the same >.>
Hell outside of recovery some characters barely use their special moves.
Sonic might be a Bottom Tier, because my milkshake brings all the hedgehog's to the yard >.>

Browny

Smash Hater
hey, his spin dashes are actually decent moves, get hit by it and expect anywhere up to 31% against the large characters

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
Well I double lol'd. so I win.

For anyone still wondering, Link couldn't go Bottom Tier if he tried (well maybe tourney results could make him go there....but thats just pure results and ignoring everything else).

Link still has good reach with his fsmash , his projectile game still works (not as well).
Thus Link is Low Tier.

Now yoshi...wtf is he doing in bottom tier?
I think I have 1 more day before my super post on yoshi (.....which will probably not be so super because i am a lazy ******* who's busy running into buses because im bored and I don't feel like playing Medal of Honor 2 online currently and I have no money for new wii games.....but I digress.).
Link could easily be bottom tier if he tried. F-Smash range doesn't mean anything if the wind-down lag is so large that your opponent can close the distance anyway. Any advantage gained through his projectiles is negated by his inability to land kill moves. His weight is negated by his lack of recovery. He might get low tier... maybe.

Your super post on Yoshi will probably be like every other good post on Yoshi, everything you say will be negated by the fact that most of the characters in this game can do the same thing better. Except maybe comboing. I can agree that Yoshi can do some crazy things with his tail.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Quote:
Originally Posted by powell651234
Rant Begins:

But to say that the characters that y'all have placed in lower tier and bottom tier have no chance against those characters...is well....pathetic.

I feel that if one of you was placed in that match up, you would be expecting to lose, and therefore would...and in that the tier list is dominating you.

I see a lot of people saying stuff like, I can't compete with meta knight, all his moves out-prioritize mine....c'mon, Brawl is about strategy. Take Samus, who is a bottom tierer. If I was to face a meta knight with him, I'd pick him off in his beloved with air with spammy projectiles and z-air. I'd force him to come inside on me, and then if i'm a split second ahead of my opponent, meta knight's priority goes out the window.

I'm not saying that tiers dont exist, but the difference between top and bottom tier isn't as big as y'all make it out to be.

Comments such as these are made my stupid posters. You have to be very very ignorant to believe that if you pick snake you win and if you pick jiggs or cf you lose. Ive beaten snakes before with my jiggs but that still doesnt mean she is any better. A tier list doesnt determine which characters you can or cannot win with. A tier list determines which characters have an advantage in metagame as well as positive matchups. Many players use low tier characters and still place in tournaments. Using a low tier character only means that you will have to work that much harder to play competitively.

10hopethishelps

*edit* taken care of , what is your tier list looking like now btw?
chckn, i couldn't tell what you meant by 'comments such as these'. You mean comments such as powell's post or u mean comments such as the examples given in the post?

and i do agree with some of the things you say powell, like the strategy thing. Mindgames are very important, and yes you can play with a low tier or bottom tier char and still be good, but like chckn said, you usually will have to work harder. A tier list ranks the chars best to worst, but you can also just look at it as which chars you will have to work harder at and which you don't have to work harder at.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Samus is a hottie hot hottie.

Seriously though don't underestimate her TOO much. A good Zair game can be pretty beastly. Samuses have been finding out decent KO's I heard. Dsmash and tilt are pretty good.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
I thought it was for your bedroom ~_^

BTW send me your MP:H friendcode later on. I am regaining my old router on saturday and I'll be able to play you with minimal lag during then.
Nah, she and I usually throw down at her place. Easier to clean up.
I don't have NWF myself, chief. I gotta jump on that when my Wi-Fi dongle arrives.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Well all she really has is that reclinable chair where she hibernates.
I don't have NWF myself, chief. I gotta jump on that when my Wi-Fi dongle arrives.
When you had mentioned alt spammers and the like I had thought you had it.
Mmk, I can wait before headshotting you.
XD

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I thought it was for your bedroom ~_^

BTW send me your MP:H friendcode later on. I am regaining my old router on saturday and I'll be able to play you with minimal lag during then.
Could both of you give me your FCs (Lobelia, once you can)? I'd like to play you guys at some point.

Lol, you guys are so sad saying she's hot. <_<;;
It doesn't take a guy who's never seen a woman before to notice that Nintendo incorporated a lot of features generally considered "hot" in Samus' model.

Back on Topic:

\

Your super post on Yoshi will probably be like every other good post on Yoshi, everything you say will be negated by the fact that most of the characters in this game can do the same thing better. Except maybe comboing. I can agree that Yoshi can do some crazy things with his tail.
Wavedashing?

How about that crazy super jump?

Yoshi has some REALLY interesting and Unique ATs, if only people would use them properly...

By that, I primarily mean consistently.

Corigames

Smash Hero
That draconic reverse thing is not a WD. Plus, how is he going to effectively use it in a fight? Spacing for the tail swipe? Anything he does sucks, so getting extra movement is wasted. They couldn't have given a worse character that AT.

Crazy Super Jump? What about Ness and Lucas'?

And yes, Samus is **** hot, and you guys should be jealous that I'm getting all of that ***.

Mmac

Smash Lord
That draconic reverse thing is not a WD. Plus, how is he going to effectively use it in a fight? Spacing for the tail swipe? Anything he does sucks, so getting extra movement is wasted. They couldn't have given a worse character that AT.
You know, saying some characters sucks on every page for about a week straight doesn't make him suck >_>

Also Yoshi's Jump goes an entire Block over Ness's DJ, and 2 Blocks over Lucas's

Corigames

Smash Hero
And saying one post on one page doesn't make him any better.

And even if he can jump up one more space, at least Ness and Lucas still have a recovery beyond that.

o_O
Go out with me Lobelia. I love you.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
....But you're not. Zelda is.
<_<
>_>
Don't knock fanfiction until you've read some good stuff.
You forgot Peach.
Thats another pairing thats been getting some popularity.

@Corey: no love for me?
=(

Edit: Wait a second. Maybe she is actually a guy posing as a female. We demand BOOBS, I mean pics!

j/k the joke is getting old and I keep ruining it.

on topic: Corey where would you place Samus? recently I have been hearing of people considering her as a low tier character rather than bottom tier as some people initially thought.
I agree on her being a low tier character but I have not used her a large amount and your knowledge on the character is greater.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Samus in Brawl os low, right next to Yoshi and Falcon. I hate her in Brawl.

To Lobelia... no pics are necessary. If you are a guy... I still love you. A lot.

Mmac

Smash Lord
And saying one post on one page doesn't make him any better.
Exactly

And even if he can jump up one more space, at least Ness and Lucas still have a recovery beyond that.
You mean the recovery that can be stopped with a fast and/or flexible projectile, Spikes, or even can just run into the bullet to screw him over? and the fact that he actually has to aim it or else he'll miss, or make him even more vurnable to attacks?

Besides, you act like Yoshi doesn't have a recovery at all....

Please tell me that you actually know that Yoshi actually DOES have a recovery....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom