• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Brawl Tier Discussion (OP Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I've seen lots of different tier lists made by other users and all of them place Fox lower? What gives?
"Your off your game, Fox."
Quote Faclo
Maybe. Or it's just the fact he was nerfed badly enough? Can someone give me some reasons why Fox is mid tier? Lack of ATs? Just not ranking well in tournaments? Whats up with Fox?

Timbers

check me out
Fox can't space or approach effectively. It's too easy to punish his approach OOS. He wasn't nerfed really. He's same ol' Fox sans godtier shine, but lack of hitstun and combo potential in Brawl just made him dull.

If that answered anything.

Adapt

Smash Lord
No, you got it wrong.

CF needs to be brought up, I'm sorry, but his tournament placements warrant him the bottom of low.

Yoshi, again, bottom of low (above CF), his ATs look good enough on paper, but he doesn't have the results to back them up (yet). I'd say, he SHOULD be a "lower", but his rankings don't warrant it.

Bring Gannon down, his match-ups are totally abysmal. Bottom tier is the appropriate place for him.

Bring Kirby down, neither good enough on paper, nor showed well enough to warrant this ranking.
Most up-to-date rankings from Ankoku's topic

S: Snake, Meta Knight, King Dedede
A: Mr. Game & Watch, Marth, Wario
B: ROB, Falco, Lucario, Olimar
C: Donkey Kong, Fox, Wolf, Kirby, Ice Climbers, Pit
D: Ness, Zero Suit Samus, Diddy Kong, Peach, Pikachu, Zelda, Toon Link
E: Samus, Bowser, Luigi, Ike, Jigglypuff, Lucas, Sonic, Mario, SheikZelda, Link, Pokémon Trainer, Captain Falcon
U: Ganondorf, Sheik, Yoshi

Kirby, as you can see warrants being placed among fox, ice climbers, etc...
CF is currently the lowest placed character who actually has placed. He stays in the bottom rank
Yoshi has yet to place... until he does I find it hard to give him the benefit of the doubt. Sorry Yoshi mains... but until you start placing I can't justify moving him up
As for Ganon... I can agree with moving him down, his ranking and matchups are quite bad

If anything Jiggs should be moved up... not CF or Yoshi

Hence:

Top: Snake, MK
High: DDD, GaW, Marth, Falco, ROB, Wario
Upper: Lucario, Olimar, DK, Wolf, Pit, ICs, Fox, Kirby, Pikachu, TL
Lower: Diddy, ZSS, Zelda, Luigi, Ness, Sonic, Peach, Sheik, Mario, Lucas
Low: Ike, PT, Bowser, Samus, Jiggs, Link
Bottom: Ganon, Yoshi, CF

chckn

Smash Ace
Most up-to-date rankings from Ankoku's topic

S: Snake, Meta Knight, King Dedede
A: Mr. Game & Watch, Marth, Wario
B: ROB, Falco, Lucario, Olimar
C: Donkey Kong, Fox, Wolf, Kirby, Ice Climbers, Pit
D: Ness, Zero Suit Samus, Diddy Kong, Peach, Pikachu, Zelda, Toon Link
E: Samus, Bowser, Luigi, Ike, Jigglypuff, Lucas, Sonic, Mario, SheikZelda, Link, Pokémon Trainer, Captain Falcon
U: Ganondorf, Sheik, Yoshi

Kirby, as you can see warrants being placed among fox, ice climbers, etc...
CF is currently the lowest placed character who actually has placed. He stays in the bottom rank
Yoshi has yet to place... until he does I find it hard to give him the benefit of the doubt. Sorry Yoshi mains... but until you start placing I can't justify moving him up
As for Ganon... I can agree with moving him down, his ranking and matchups are quite bad

If anything Jiggs should be moved up... not CF or Yoshi

Hence:

Top: Snake, MK
High: DDD, GaW, Marth, Falco, ROB, Wario
Upper: Lucario, Olimar, DK, Wolf, Pit, ICs, Fox, Kirby, Pikachu, TL
Lower: Diddy, ZSS, Zelda, Luigi, Ness, Sonic, Peach, Sheik, Mario, Lucas
Low: Ike, PT, Bowser, Samus, Jiggs, Link
Bottom: Ganon, Yoshi, CF
This is so off topic. Get off of the cereal tier thread immediately!

*And DDD above gw wtf? besides that, your tier list is beautiful.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
When I get back into practice, been so busy in the past 6 months that I've barely picked up the game.

Losing the cartridge didn't help... just got a new one like a week ago.
Same here. I ended up having to buy a whole new game.

I know, that's generally the objection to sniping, no matter what the FPS, but that SHOULD be counter-balanced by the difficulty actually successfully sniping.

Sure, it's powerful, but is it quite that overpowering.
Actually the imperialist is the weakest sniper rifle ever presented in a game.
It is only a OHKO when its zoomed and a headshot.
However the other sniper rifles not only fire more quickly, but kill in 2 body shots rather than 3 like the imperialist.

The main reason it seems more overpowered is because the stylus controls are much more accurate when it comes to aiming at the opponent.
If it iwas Halo 3 or Halo 2 sniper rifle or even XOD4, people would have anactual reason to complain.

But then again, I never found alt-spamming cheap either. I find that sticking to (generally) melee attacks tends to hurt you in a game with so many projectiles, and alt spammers never were a problem for me.
I prefer sniping them, especially Samus and Trace.
nothing ever says **** you im better than sniping them while they roll about like a fool.

Agreed, in spite of much worse Matchup then G&W and Marth, and others, DDD's tournament record suggests that he's a lot better then match-ups suggest. Best choice for top tier 3.
Actually the reason I think he is doing so well is because of the people he goes up against. He doesn't have many disadvantages against high tier characters so it may be that he is an effective character to use against overused characters.

It may also be because he is encountering more characters whom he has an advantage over.
Characters like Pikachu and DK who are thought to be effective against DK don't do well against DDD.
I have to see the tournament records Ankoku has though.

KingK

Smash Apprentice
breakfast cereal tier list

fruity pebblles

high

capn crunch

mid

lucky charms

low

cookie crisp

bottom

oat bran(or whatever crappy healthy cereal ur parents eat)

im l33t
top tier is definitely quaker toasted oat squares. high would be raisin bran and honey nut cheerios. :)

Tim_The_Enchanter

Smash Ace
i understand bro if u want me to leave i will leave......but its funny beating people like M2K's metaknight with mario......tiers are for queers im done nigerian thanks for the support:chuckle::chuckle

TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO REP THERE CHARACTER AND ARE AT THE BOTTOM OR LOW OR EVEN MID *POUND* U GYS ARE TO GOOD.
I completely agree with you and my mains are Mario and PT but... you spelled too wrong...........:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

Corigames

Smash Hero
He also misspelled "their," forgot to put commas in between items in a sequence, and didn't separate the introductory infinitive phrase with the rest of the sentence with a comma either. Tisk tisk

chckn

Smash Ace
He also misspelled "their," forgot to put commas in between items in a sequence, and didn't separate the introductory infinitive phrase with the rest of the sentence with a comma either. Tisk tisk
Also, I am not familiar with the word "gys ". :[

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
Looking at that boss8 post, I have a feeling that the only reason he believes in tires don exits is because he thinks they're definite. They aren't. Or that they'll make him switch from Mario to another character. They won't.
We should ask AZ to update the original post to say exactly what a tier list does. That might decrease these arguments.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Don't bother. People never read the OP for any thread, don't use the search button, and don't read a few pages in to any thread. They will come in here and drop their, "Tiers are for queers" and "tires don exits," just like they always do.

I blame humanity's idiocy.

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
You gentlemen are clearly fools. Look at tourney results, and counterpicks.

There is a reason that Heavy Toons are manhandled by DDD and G&W. And why DDD and G&W are manhandled by Falco.

gtfo.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Top < these are the only ones that you guys can win with.

Upper < I can own with these

Middle < and these

Lower < and these

Bottom < and these

Tiers are for Tourneytards. Now go move out of your moms basement, get some real skills and go away, please.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
Gneh! Gneh! I live in my mom's upper floor n00b! I got reel skillz cuz I beet my friends! And they use Snake so you know their gud!

...Honestly, I'd LOVE to see you own with every tier. I'm sure you're awesome.

Top < these are the only ones that you guys can win with.

Upper < I can own with these

Middle < and these

Lower < and these

Bottom < and these

Tiers are for Tourneytards. Now go move out of your moms basement, get some real skills and go away, please.
I think there's a good chance that this guy is straight butthurt for Falcon sucking so bad and thus he hates Tiers. I have dealt with SO many butthurt Falcon fanboys it's not even funny. I can see the sgins >_>.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
TimTheEnchanter said:
Sorry Tim thought I was on the page from last time so I dind't quote you as I should have, apologies.

The reason people care about the characters placement so much more in Brawl is that the difference between high tier and top tier is more defined than it was in melee.

If I went to a tournament intent on winning (especally with money involved) I would usually go for top tier or top of high tier characters to increase the chances of winning.

Its why people have been making a big deal about MK and Snake.
People wouldn't care so much about MK and Snake being top tier if it weren't for the fac that character choice didn't matter as much.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
If there weren't any tiers, everyone could have chose the character they like, not just because some **** list tells them. >_>

I got a question: Are Falco and ROB better than Marth/DDD?

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
If there weren't any tiers, everyone could have chose the character they like, not just because some **** list tells them. >_>

I got a question: Are Falco and ROB better than Marth/DDD?
It's hard to say.
R.O.B. is probably one of the best campers in the game, and he's hands-down number one for recovery. Falco sports the fastest projectile, and his close-range game is nothing to sneeze at either.
When all's said and done, I rank those four characters in this order:
King Dedede
Falco
R.O.B.
Marth

Marth isn't as good as people originally thought. Yes, his recovery is better, but no projectile means that the likes of...Falco and R.O.B....are going to give Marth a hell of a time.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
It's hard to say.
R.O.B. is probably one of the best campers in the game, and he's hands-down number one for recovery. Falco sports the fastest projectile, and his close-range game is nothing to sneeze at either.
When all's said and done, I rank those four characters in this order:
King Dedede
Falco
R.O.B.
Marth

Marth isn't as good as people originally thought. Yes, his recovery is better, but no projectile means that the likes of...Falco and R.O.B....are going to give Marth a hell of a time.

So the Top Tier/Upper High tier will be something like this?

Top:
Snake
Meta Knight
Game & Watch

High:
King Dedede
Falco
R.O.B.
Marth

I'm just asking, since King DDD was under Marth or Wario last time I checked here.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
So the Top Tier/Upper High tier will be something like this?

Top:
Snake
Meta Knight
Game & Watch

High:
King Dedede
Falco
R.O.B.
Marth

I'm just asking, since King DDD was under Marth or Wario last time I checked here.
Personally, I put King Dedede below Meta Knight, then have Mr. Game & Watch topping the high tier.

chckn

Smash Ace
That division b/w top and high is difficult. Honestly I dont think that neither GW nor DDD deserve to be in the same division as Snake and MK. There is just too big of a gap b/w them.

Dpete

Carnifex
3DS FC
0834-1794-6801
DDD's tourney rankings are amazing. The gap between him at third and the fourth place Marth is huge! This warrants him at least top five on the tier list right now IMO.

Also, I don't think G&W is top tier. Maybe if his tourney rankings start catching up with Snake and MK, but until then I don't think he belongs in the same tier as them. He does have a pretty good argument for third best character in the game though.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
BTW Smooth, do you play Team Fortress 2?

Because I saw a guy with your EXACT name yesterday O_o
No, sadly, I don't have TF2. I do wanna give it a shot. From what I hear, it's just like Return to Castle Wolfenstein (an awesome freeware FPS; download it naow)---only a helluva lot better.

O.O; People are gonna make a PC gamer outta me yet.

@Thiocyanide:

>____> Was that a dig at me?

Smooth Criminal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom