• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Mod's Close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
maybe a RELEASE DATE
i am pulling my hair out waiting for one, because usually the longer they take to tell, the farther away it is.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
i wish i could go and play the demo...
ohh well it is a ways away and by the time it comes we will probably know at least 1 new character.

Sariku

Smash Master
I doubt they're will be any Demos to play. Ninendo has never let any important people, including people like IGN, play one of they're main franchises early. No one played Melee, besides Nintendo, until it came out. The only exception is Phantom Hourglass, and Pokemon.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
What about the E3 demo, the Spaceworld 2001 Tournament demo, the Cube Club demo, and the fact that Nintendo and other companies send news sites review copies of games about a week before they come? And when Nintendo invited news sites to play TP for a couple days before it came out? As well as other events where people played major games?

Sariku

Smash Master
Those we're different in the fact that they were about to come out. Smash doesnt even have a release date, they're not gonna give a demo.

Toasty!

Smash Journeyman
Delfino is a Stage!!!

This is the central town of Isle Delfino, the tropical setting of Super Mario Sunshine.

Wow! That blue ocean is bright on the eyes.

Ahh… It makes me want to swim.

This particular battle stage flies around the skies above the island.

Fly here and there as you look down on the town below.

After a thrilling landing, it becomes a normal battle stage.

There are several landing points.

This flight path repeats, providing great sightseeing and brawling.
The changing scenery is so beautiful, you get absorbed in it.

You really feel like a tourist!

--------------------

You can go night-night, Sariku. ;)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Those we're different in the fact that they were about to come out. Smash doesnt even have a release date, they're not gonna give a demo.
What about E3 2006? People got to play Metroid prime 3 and twilight princess long before they came out (And i mean anyone who walked in there not just major gaming people).

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
OH MY GOD. This stage sounds like secks. As far as I can tell, they have the city layout down to a tee; much like some of the maps in Melee, I suppose. I get the feeling it'll be the equivalent of Mute City for Peach =/.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
There seem to be many moving parts to stages now... I mean, just between Delfino plaza and the sky one shown in the first trailer, we see people flying through the air, landing on the deck of an airship, in the middle of a tropical resort, etc.

I'm glad Sakurai is being so inventive with the stages!

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
Delfino Plaza is an intense model file. I hope the Wii is powerful enough to prevent lag when there's lots of commosion going on. *Remembers team battles on FOD*

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
is there any significance to the rainbow dolphin in the center of the platform or is that just really cool to look at. i could of sworn it was goo or something. HEY maybe goo will fly onto the stage somewhere!

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Kirby does seem bigger...

But Isle Delfino looks HOT.
I'm wondering with these flying platform stages...what elements will actually change to affect the players directly?

With Meta Knight's stage, I can see it attacking the platform with cannons and such...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
The halberd stage seems more like mute city than isle Delfino.

And you think that the stage will make you land on the rooftops as well as just in the streets?

Sariku

Smash Master
What about E3 2006? People got to play Metroid prime 3 and twilight princess long before they came out (And i mean anyone who walked in there not just major gaming people).
Okay you got me there, but this game will be SOOO Much bigger, I doubt there will be demoes.

Ah, sounds like a good counterpick stage for jigglypuff. :)
Indeed.

thrilling landing?
wonder what that could mean....
It randomizes the spots you go to, so you never know when. He just has a bad way of explaining things... he always gives us TOO MUCH info, or not enough.

When you land instant ko!
I'll be sure not to play on that stage... lmao.

hahaha, yeah, hopefully there are no edges on the main platform when flying around...
Yeah, agreed. But I hope it's not too much like Mute City, like Mute City moved, but the only thing different about the places the platform landed was that there was many random ones everywhere floating above it. I hope this one as slopes, platfroms, and so on.

OH MY GOD. This stage sounds like secks. As far as I can tell, they have the city layout down to a tee; much like some of the maps in Melee, I suppose. I get the feeling it'll be the equivalent of Mute City for Peach =/.
How was it for Peach..?

There seem to be many moving parts to stages now... I mean, just between Delfino plaza and the sky one shown in the first trailer, we see people flying through the air, landing on the deck of an airship, in the middle of a tropical resort, etc.

I'm glad Sakurai is being so inventive with the stages!
Agreed, and I'm glad theres something from Sunshine... I hate all the Mario Stages from Melee cause there all the same. They all got the old school look, this one has a new one.

Delfino Plaza is an intense model file. I hope the Wii is powerful enough to prevent lag when there's lots of commosion going on. *Remembers team battles on FOD*
FOD? Don't know what that it... but it didn't lag on the Temple, even with 4 People in completely different places, so I wouldn't worry.

I think the air-combat-gameplay is improved a lot, in almost every screenshot u can c the chars jump or fly.
Agreed, I specialize in Air Combat, I use Marth. So a short jump is perfect for me, I really hope thats in this game.

is there any significance to the rainbow dolphin in the center of the platform or is that just really cool to look at. i could of sworn it was goo or something. HEY maybe goo will fly onto the stage somewhere!
That was just a shrine of sorts in sunshine. A really famous spot.

well thats neat.
So this stage is a little like mute city...
neato
Yeah, we kinda got that down... and don't say Neato...

...does kirby seem...bigger?
No, I didn't notice.

yeah I noticed that Kirby does semm to be a little oversized than he was in Melee
I didn't notice... okay?

Kirby does seem bigger...

But Isle Delfino looks HOT.
I'm wondering with these flying platform stages...what elements will actually change to affect the players directly?

With Meta Knight's stage, I can see it attacking the platform with cannons and such...
I DIDN'T NOTICE KIRBY GET ANY FLIPPING BI.... yes, the new stages will be great.. -twitch-

The halberd stage seems more like mute city than isle Delfino.

And you think that the stage will make you land on the rooftops as well as just in the streets?
I think it will be streats, slops, and so on.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Sakiru, if you're going to do this, please fix your grammatical errors. I'm just DYING to fix them, but I can't!

Sariku

Smash Master
Okay Okay, no need to be so defensive. I'll do the spell check again, but go ahead and tell me what you see, cause I did on purpose.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Hmm, Impresive, Isle Delfino is very accuratly made!

It looks like it was Riped from Sunshine (but it isnt, look at the palms their different).
but to achive such simalrity, they must have spent quite the time making it.

If Melee was great and awsome while being rushed.

I have no doubt that Brawl will be the game of the console/year/century for the Wii
Seeing as they have all the time they want to polish it.

Sariku

Smash Master
Agreed, Brawl will have no problem conpeting with the other systems.. well, PS3 doesnt count as a system... the Wii's only rival is the DS...

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone thought of possibly throwing fruit? bananas? Coconuts? AWESOME!

Brawler

Smash Rookie
Agreed, Brawl will have no problem conpeting with the other systems.. well, PS3 doesnt count as a system... the Wii's only rival is the DS...
agreed, except they've said the PS3 will eventually pick up in second or third year.

anyways nice thread. imo the mr. saturn item was pointless and kinda annoying, when used against you. i think was only added so that there was more of a Earthboud influence.

Sariku

Smash Master
Well if you would of said it that way I wouldn't of flamed you dude. If it feel out of trees or something every now and then, it would be cool.

thrak

Smash Cadet
maybe at first, but then it would get annoying.
if the stage moves, that means u get cramped on a tiny platform in transitions, and you cant really perfect a strategy because you are always moving.
The fruit could be bothersome, cuz then any annoyying noob could just hide in the corner and wait for fruit to throw into the battle.
Also, the constant stage changes OR fruit falling from trees would most likely render it un-usable in touraments...

splat

Smash Lord
Some tiny, but interesting edits:

Found by Black/Light:
In the first image, fox wields his gun, and has his scouter.
Second image, no gun, no scouter. (just found out it is there, but hardly noticable)
Third image, no gun, and a completely different scouter.

Found by me: on the last image, his head is looking more towards his leg, to see what he's kicking. On the second image he just looks at a random direction. Small, but nice detail. Also, on the third images, there's a part of his belt, that wasn't there on the second.

Found by Smile Guy:
There are some changes made to Delfino Plaza:
- This one i something everybody has been noticing. The Pianta Statue has disappeared at the front of the stage! This is not blasphemy as some people are calling out but a place where the moving platform can come to rest. Other screenshots confirm it too. This is one of the locations in this stage where we'll be brawling. Here's hoping we can jump up on top of those palm trees!

- Another screenshot confirms that we'll be a-brawling at those steps in front of the fountain. It's a pretty location but is pretty flat so will make for some nice all-out battling.

- Now onto some more obscure stuff. The big gold tower with the giant shine sprite has to extended platforms to either side (look at the image above). There is no reason for these extra platforms except of course for it to be a resting place (ie, a place for the platform to stop). Enjoy some battling atop the said golden, err, thing.

- A couple of the sun shade/parasols on the beach have been removed for this version. Again, as they've tried to produce the stage as pixel-perfect to the original there seems to be no logical explanation other than that we are going to land on the beach!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom