• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Mod's Close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sariku

Smash Master
Will be Updated Periodically. Next Update is How to Play.

This is the .:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. Here I give everything we know about Super Smash Bros. Brawl in an organized fashion for quick viewing. We try to update it daily, but it doesn’t always happen that fast, due to school, work, and so on. So please don’t start spamming the thread just because it doesn’t have the latest update, some of us have lives outside of Smash you know.

Latest Info Thread Update -
Sariku back! Need to talk to some of you about the thread. I am going though hard times at school so I havn't had much time to devote to the thread. I'll try to update alittle of it tonight or tomorrow, but if things keep going how it's been I don't know when I'll be able to get the full version of it done. But I am gonna do something, Which I could use your help on. It's a type of.. Query.

What I want you to do is submit some infomation on an update. Just like I have it set up right now, I want you guys to submitt your info on an update by Email. So for a Template, I'll give you guys this.

Update Name - (Name of the accual update from SmashBros.com)
Section - (Music, How to Play, Stages, Whatever. NO CHARACTERS.)

General Info - (Like how I set up my stuff.)

Send it all to sariku.uchiha@hotmail.com. Make sure the Subject says the Name of the Update, you guys can submitt as much as you want, but note I do not have to use it if I don't want to. I got this Idea from Colbusman, so thank him guys!

This is Version 2.0 of the thread. So I decided to make it easier to search through it, how though, you ask? Coloring Coding Topics Silly. This way you can just scroll down the page, and when you see a certain color, you can stop and check out what you wanted too. The way it’s being colored is just below:

Red - Characters
Blue - How To Play
Orange - Game Modes
Green - Stages
Yellow - Items
Purple - Music
Sky Blue - Notices
Grey - Sariku Uchiha

If you guys have any questions or feedback for this, or anything else on the thread, PM me. We’ll see if I can work it out.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl is the latest game coming out on the Smash licence. Below I list some info that might be important to know about, like the release dates, update times, and so on. If you have any questions that's not answered with this infomation, you can private message me, and I'll do my best to answer you, and maybe post it on the thread.

General Info
Name - Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Rating - To Be Annoucned
Genre - Fighting/Action
Players - 4 Simultaneous
Online Enabled - Confirmed

Release Dates
North America - December 3rd
South America - December 3rd
Europe - To Be Announced
Australia - To Be Annoucned
Japan - To Be Annoucned

Update Times
Pacific Time Zone - 12 AM.
Mountain Time Zone - 1 AM.
Central Time Zone - 2 AM.
Eastern Time Zone - 3 AM.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

What's an Item you ask? An Item is something you can pick up and use to help you win the Brawl! They can be unique items, such as the Cracker Launcher, or items from Nintendo games, as the screw ball came from Metroid in Melee.You may also find links at the bottom for addition threads that may give you more info on them, that may not be listed here.​

.:: How To Play ::.

.:: Smash 101 ::.

.:: The Basic Rules ::. | Tuesday. May 22, 2007.
To get it down to it's simplist concept, the main idea in Smash is to knock your opponent out of the arena. You choose your character, and fight against you opponent. Every character has many different and unique moves that you must use to survive. Whenever you hit your opponent, their damage meter rises. (Other wise known as Percents. AKA. You start with 0%. After laying a few moves on your enemy, he may have 30%. He will fly father the higher it goes.) Once their damage is high enough, you should knock them out with a powerful Smash Attack!

.:: You Must Recover! ::. | Wednesday. June 6, 2007.
You just fell of BattleField! Oh no! What could you ever do?! You must recover of course! What is recovery though? What happens is when you fall off, you must try to grab onto the edge of the stage. To start things off, you should use your Mid-Air jump. Then, you use your special move(s) to recover. Usually you must press -Up- B, but some characters can use other moves to get up there.

.:: Smash Attacks ::. | Thursday. July 5, 2007.
The moves that made Smash Smash. These are Smash Attacks, every characters ultimate finishing move, not counting Final Smashes. Every character can use them, and in any of the four directions. They also vary from character to character, giving them each a unique feel. For Example, Pikachu's Final Smash is a Static Shock coming out of its cheeks, sending massive damage, while Peach's on the other hand can hit you with a Golf Club, Frying Pan, or Tennis Racket, each having their own effect on knockback. But what can we expect for all these smashes? We'll have to wait for that one.

.:: What is a Final Smash ::. | Tuesday. May 2, 2007.
Now that you know what Smash Attacks are, you may move up to the Final Smash level. They are truthfuly each characters major finishing move. They are completely unique, depending on the Characters own traits and abilities. But how can you use them? You pick up an Item called a SmashBall silly. They appear once per match. (unconfirmed) When your Character grabs it, you may activate it.

Game Modes, they practically define the way we play. From everything from controllers to possible story lines, it will be covered here. You may also find links at the bottom for addition threads that may give you more info on them, that may not be listed here.​

.:: Game Modes ::.

.:: Various ::.

.:: Types of Control ::. | Friday. June 8, 2007.
The Nintendo Wii really is a versatile piece of hardware.
I mean, when it comes to controllers, there are pretty much four different types. ~ Masahiro Sakurai.
That's a quote directly from the Super Smash Bros. Brawl Blog. So Sakurai decided to use a four types of controllers that the Wii is compatable with. Those are the Nintendo GameCube Controller, Wiimote and Nunchuck, Wiimote (alone, on it's side), and the Wii Classic Controller. How all of these will be used are still unknown, but on another update, it says that you can customize your controller. So instead of jumping with "Y" on the Nintendo GameCube Controller, you can assign "A" to do that. Now if the Wiimote uses will be motion sensative, we don't know. More info to come when we get it.

.:: Names ::. | Thursday. June 28, 2007.
Remember entering your name in Super Smash Bros. Melee? Well you can do that in Brawl also, but with a few extra benafits than having your family know which character you are. Now, while entering your name, you can save your botton configurations to it, instead of changing it everytime you start playing. Also, they are gonna try to let you save your name on your wiimote, and bring it to your friends house, like you can do with your Miis. But how much memory it takes, or if they can make it happen at all, is still uncertain.

.:: Adventure Mode ::.

.:: This World... ::. | Friday. July 20, 2007.
Easily one of the best, and more WTF updates yet, This World takes everything we knew about Smash Bros. and gave it a small twist. See, in the world of Smash, trophys fight. That's all they know. Fighting is their sole reason for existance. But when they break those rules, something terrible will happen to the world of Smash. Throughout this we see pictures of Mario Kirby in a stadium, first fighting, then shaking hands. After that they see Meta Knights ship, the Hallberd, coming out of the (Character Shaped? Doubt it.)clouds. Then there is a... figure, in shadows and smoke and such. Who or what he is though, we have no idea.

.:: The Subspace Emissary ::. | Friday. August 3, 2007.
This day was August the 3rd, also known as Sakurai's Birthday. It happened on the "Big Week." Why is it called that, well it started off like everyweek. But then we got a newcomer, but not just any, we got Ike! After that we got his home stage, and then we got The Subspace Imissionary. What is this you ask, well the adventure, or A adventure mode. From the small movie we got, we see Mario and Kirby showing off in front of the crowd, as Meta Knights ship slowly comes out the clouds, sending goey globs down, creating the unkown enemy. Plus his friends. Finally, Peach and Zelda come down to help Mario and Kirby, as the flash finally finishes. From that we get Peach Confirmed.

But what exactly is the story mode? We still don't know for sure, but we do know that it is a "sidescrolling action game." But it also states that it is not a full blown story mode, but a grand adventure, with many small, quick movies. Now if you choose your character, which it should be, this could mean branching story modes. For example, you see Pit facing Princess Zelda, which could easily be a cutscene. But what if it was Bowser? That would seem totally out of place, so lets hope it depends on your character.

.:: Other Threads ::.

Stages, the litteral foundation to all the Brawls that will be going on. They may vary, from being stationary, to moving. Colorful, to dull... Here I will show you the stages that you can play on. You may also find links at the bottom for addition threads that may give you more info on them, that may not be listed here.​

.:: Stages ::.

.:: BattleField ::. | Tuesday. May 22, 2007.
Well look what stage returned to us. BattleField was one of the first updates on Smash Bros. Dojo. Does it sound familiar? It should be, because it is a remake of the BattleField stage in Super Smash Bros. Melee. It's sporting a new look, but that's the only thing that's really changed. It's still a giant platform with three hovering over it.
Tournament Legal : Yes

.:: Delfino Plaza ::. | Friday. June 1, 2007.
Now all we need is FLUDD... Defino Plaza has been confirmed as a playable stage for Brawl. You start on a giant platform, but as the stage progresses, the platform stops at different locals around the Plaza. The stage looks beautiful, a almost exact replica of it in Super Mario Sunshine.
Tournament Legal : Maybe

.:: Yoshi's Island ::. | Tuesday. June 12, 2007.
Yoshi's first stage has arrived! The 'new and improved' Yoshi's Island has a brand new look, with some very cool features. Firstly, the stage is just a giant platform with another platform hovering over it. Also a support ghost appears randomly. But in the background, the seasons change from spring, to summer, to fall, to winter, and so on. It is truely a beautiful site to see.

.:: Lylat Cruise ::. | Friday. June 22, 2007.
The Pleiades has taken flight, it's location? The Lylat System. You ride on the Pleiades space craft while you Brawl. Behind you is many different things, such as meteors crashing, space crafts fighting, and so on. Make sure you can keep your eyes on the fight!
Tournament Legal : Maybe

.:: Bridge of Eldin ::. | Friday. July 6, 2007.
Another stage we got today, and it's from the Zelda game, Twilight Princess. It's called Bridge of Eldin, and it is completely flat. The new Final Destination, right? You couldn't be more wrong. King Bulblin, Lord Bullbo, Moblins, and such will be invading the battlefield. They may drop a bomb, making the bridge crumble and break. Better watch out!
Tournament Legal : No

.:: Smashville ::. | Friday. July 13, 2007.
Wait... Friday, the 13th!? Oh no, we're gonna get a crappy update today... WRONG! Today we got one of the BEST updates we have gotten, well for stages anyways. Smashville, like others, has one giant platform, and a single platform in the middle. The background is beautiful though. The background changes along with the Wii's Internal Clock, and at 8:00 PM, every Saturday Night, K.K. Slider preforms a special concert for us to enjoy while we Brawl. What he'll play though, we'll have to wait.

.:: Rumble Falls ::. | Monday. July 23, 2007.
One of the first moving stages confirmed for Brawl, Rumble Falls, and is also the first DK stage. At first look, it appears to be a redesigned Icicle Mountain, but if you take a closer look, you can see that... it is about exactly that. But it appears that it may only scroll upwards. It seems to show a new feature, though if its only for that stage, or for everystage, who knows. It shows Mario climbing a ladder. Obviously this has a combanation of "Jungle Beat" and "Donkey Kong" features in it.

.:: Skyworld ::. | Wednesday. July 25, 2007.
Pit's home stage has finally been revealed! Skyworld looks like a great stage. And it truely is a great one. The floors crumble when you break them. If it's cause you hit them, or too much weight on it, not sure, but this could cause some chaotic fun. The surrondings are beautiful, having other temples and buildings in the background really sets the mood. Also, there is a small platform in the bottom right hand corner... can this be broken too!?

.:: Castle Siege ::. | Thursday. August 2, 2007.
After the surprising update of Ike, a Fire Emblem character, we got his home stage, or one of them anyways. Castle Siege is a castle in the midst of battle, obviously. But soon, unexpectedly, the ground will break, and you will fall inside of the castle, coming free with platforms and statues. But when you think your done you get sent to the "underground." What happens there, or what it is truely is still a secret though.

.:: Other Threads ::.

• Official Stage Discussion
    Hosted by Mic_128 and ScavMF, the Official Stages Discussion lets you talk about stages in all their pride and glory. While you can do this here, too, there people ONLY talk about stages, except on Saturdays, then they dance.
  • Official Crowd Thread!
    You love the crowd cheering your name? Well so do these guys. Have ideas for different chants and such? Post them here, where you won't get flamed, unless people really don't like you.
  • If you know of another thread that deserves to be put here, PM me and I'll look into it. Note I will not likely put links to threads that are about updates.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I'll delete my post if I need to, but I'm just letting you know if it's better if we just have an official Stages thread, an official item thread, and so on.

Sariku

Smash Master
I'll delete my post if I need to, but I'm just letting you know if it's better if we just have an official Stages thread, an official item thread, and so on.
You can delete or Edit it if you wish, but otherwise, we know about this. But this will hopefully achieve sticky, so its worth a shot.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Character INFO Added. What do you guys think so far?

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
This thread will look very good when more info is revealed. Keep up the good work! :)

Sariku

Smash Master
This thread will look very good when more info is revealed. Keep up the good work! :)
Thankyou, that means alot. Keep checking back, as it will be continually updated.

-------------------------------------------

Stages and Items have been added.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
You can delete or Edit it if you wish, but otherwise, we know about this. But this will hopefully achieve sticky, so its worth a shot.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Character INFO Added. What do you guys think so far?

I just meant about deleting it because your original post said not to post. I figured it was becasue you wer eoging to have mutiple posts in a row and didn't want someone to have their own post in between them.

The reaosn I don't agree with this thread is because you've just been trying hard to get a stickied thread, iwth however many OFFICIAL threads you've made about the game so far in the forum. Thios thread doesn't make sense because basically you want it to be stickied and have the whole forum turn into this thread.

Sariku

Smash Master
I just meant about deleting it because your original post said not to post. I figured it was becasue you wer eoging to have mutiple posts in a row and didn't want someone to have their own post in between them.

The reaosn I don't agree with this thread is because you've just been trying hard to get a stickied thread, iwth however many OFFICIAL threads you've made about the game so far in the forum. Thios thread doesn't make sense because basically you want it to be stickied and have the whole forum turn into this thread.

But thats not what this thread is for. This thread is for all the n00bs, and dedicated fans to look at, for the new info. Tell me this, do you really want to keep complaining about n00bs posting new threads to know stuff thats been answered in countless threads already?

And this is my only thread I'll be working on for a while.

Thank your for understanding.

~ Sariku.Uchiha

Vampirekain

Smash Journeyman
Nice and organized! Keep it up guys! Chances are that this will get sticky!
*subscribe*

Edit: Also I would like to point out that Link is not the hero of time in Brawl. Edit it out! Just say banisher of evil :p

Zeela12

Smash Ace
awsome, finally a thread based ONLY on confirmed stuff, not like more elaborated stuff that the maker wants to put in >_> hate those.

good work, and nice to have this to keep everything organized.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
It may be time to change the info on Fox - we have now seen him with gun out and with gun holstered. Perhaps he can switch stances?

Infil

Smash Journeyman
While I appreciate the sentiment of the thread, if you want it to be an "official" source of info on the game, we must have utterly zero speculation. Things like "Pikachu looks to have his old moves" and "Link will bring a variety of toys from Twilight Princess to battle" just won't cut it. Also, you can't say things like "Fox will always have his gun out", when your quantification of 'always' is 5 seconds of trailer footage and maybe 5 screenshots.

I just don't like seeing these official "all we know about the game" threads that people might come in and see for the first time, and they still get a bunch of speculation!

There's also info that is worth knowing that you missed, including: Snake won't use guns but rather explosives, Pit's blade is separable, and Pit's arrows are controllable. In lieu of more info on these characters, this confirmed info should be present.

Sariku

Smash Master
.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Nintendo Conference - Airing)

Nice and organized! Keep it up guys! Chances are that this will get sticky!
*subscribe*

Edit: Also I would like to point out that Link is not the hero of time in Brawl. Edit it out! Just say banisher of evil :p
Thanks, and I changed it to something alittle more... well, better.

awsome, finally a thread based ONLY on confirmed stuff, not like more elaborated stuff that the maker wants to put in >_> hate those.

good work, and nice to have this to keep everything organized.
Thanks, be sure to keep checking back.

It may be time to change the info on Fox - we have now seen him with gun out and with gun holstered. Perhaps he can switch stances?
Okay, I can edit anything you wish. As long as you have proof, and yeah, I have seen him without his gun.

While I appreciate the sentiment of the thread, if you want it to be an "official" source of info on the game, we must have utterly zero speculation. Things like "Pikachu looks to have his old moves" and "Link will bring a variety of toys from Twilight Princess to battle" just won't cut it. Also, you can't say things like "Fox will always have his gun out", when your quantification of 'always' is 5 seconds of trailer footage and maybe 5 screenshots.
Agreed. As I said, I can change anything I may have missed, screwed up, and all. Thanks for pointing that stuff out, and I'll be sure to change it soon.

I just don't like seeing these official "all we know about the game" threads that people might come in and see for the first time, and they still get a bunch of speculation!
Agreed, that can be annoying, but along with people like you, I can make this full of CORERECT Info about the game.

There's also info that is worth knowing that you missed, including: Snake won't use guns but rather explosives, Pit's blade is separable, and Pit's arrows are controllable. In lieu of more info on these characters, this confirmed info should be present.
This I don't need in as of right now, and I know I missed those on purpose. The top of the thread reads Basic Info. So I'm not gonna put everything we know about them. Sure I can add some more things, but not everything. Thats why we have Links to this stuff.

--------------------------------------------------------

Also, while we're waiting for the new info, we are working on a way of making the Music Section easy to understand, while adding a reference and Thanks section.

The Bino

Smash Lord

Hey in the old Dojo it stated as per Sakurai that Fox would always have his gun in his hand, not just from trailer and screenshots

Sariku

Smash Master
Hey in the old Dojo it stated as per Sakurai that Fox would always have his gun in his hand, not just from trailer and screenshots

Yes, I know that he said that too, but one screen shot did show him gunless. You can view it in one of Mario's Shots in SmashBros.Com... but thats not the point.

Guglio

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure Pit is the PROTAGONIST of Kid Icarus not the Antagonist.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea but don't you think the new pictures on the website are pretty good i mean most of the ones with link are cool like the one where hes behind pit and the one were he has just landed are my favorite *ahem* and it looks like pit is going to be a kind of rival to Link.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea him and metaknight but in a few screens pit is facing link and they both have bows and swords plus the fire emblem characters rivals are mainly each other. (Marths rival way roy and vice versa)

Sariku

Smash Master
Yhea him and metaknight but in a few screens pit is facing link and they both have bows and swords plus the fire emblem characters rivals are mainly each other. (Marths rival way roy and vice versa)
Maybe, I hated Roy just cause he's clone off the best character, in my opinion, in the whole game.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Marth was my second favorite character (i was only meh at marth but i PWND as link)

Lol i remember once roy came running at me jumped and slashed but all i did was duck and he went flying over my head and fell off the stage.

Sariku

Smash Master
We've decided not to have the speculated stages, or stages seen in screen shots or trailers in this thread. Since its only gonna contain confirmed infomation. We will add all the new stages as soon as they are released, within a day at the very latest. I will try and stay up every night to inform you all about whats happening with the site.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, we will soon release a basic info section, right above the Characters, with a small summary about the game, release date, and so on.

The easiest way to keep up with all the new info is to subscribe to this thread, so you can get emails every time its updated.

Also, I'd like to thank the Mods and Admins for Stickying this thread.

~ Sariku.Uchiha

Sariku

Smash Master
Hey so anyways what time is it gonna update tonight anyways?
If Sakurai Continues updating how he did last week, these will be the update times. I'm doing this for America only right now.

Pasific Time Zone : 12 AM - 1 AM
Mountain Time Zone : 1 AM - 2 AM
Central Time Zone : 2 AM - 3 AM
Eastern Time Zone : 3 AM - 4 AM

He never does it during a specific time, but each one has been inbetween those Time Frames.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
O ok thanks i will try to get them when they happen or i might just get em in the morning.

Weej

Smash Cadet
good thread, but you should have the titles of characters/items hotlinked to their respective smashbrosdojo entry. ie. click on gooey bomb, and it takes you to Gooey Bomb

other than that, lookin' nice

Sariku

Smash Master
good thread, but you should have the titles of characters/items hotlinked to their respective smashbrosdojo entry. ie. click on gooey bomb, and it takes you to Gooey Bomb

Thats accually a very good Idea. I'll be sure to do that soon, for the characters with a profile anways

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea your gonna build up quite a lot of links here then it would have more news than the smash bros site -.-

Sariku

Smash Master

Yhea your gonna build up quite a lot of links here then it would have more news than the smash bros site -.-
Not really. When he says that, it will still look the same, except you will be able to click on the item, and be taken to the official page on Smash Bros.com You wont even notice the links.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea but you know you would have not just the smash bros ite but entire threads of info.

Sariku

Smash Master
Yhea but you know you would have not just the smash bros ite but entire threads of info.
Look at it right now. People may not even notice its link, but Pit, Mario, and Link are linked to their respectful pages on SmashBros. Could you tell it was without me telling you? No, you have to roll your mouse over it, or use the find all links in page tool.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Well i usually roll my mouse over larger colored text but other people might not so yhea i might have found it but other might not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom