• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Mod's Close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
I don't think the Smash Ball is an item, but rather a default element in the gameplay mechanic. Sure, it probably appears randomly and out of the blue like all other items, but I can't really see it as an item... Perhaps the frequency with which it appears can be regulated though!

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yea, the Smash Ball isn't listed in the item category...

So I wonder if all of those pansies who whine and take items out (seriously, WTF? They make the game so much fun!) will have a pity party if Smash Balls don't count as items.

Though I'm sure you'll be able to turn them off and change their frequency. I personally see them as items, myself--it's just that they're special items which have a different effect depending on which character uses them.

So now we've opened the gates to seeing Final Smashes and Special Moves in the blog. Wonder what'll be tomorrow...Maybe another Final Smash, perhaps? Pit's other two special moves? A new character? Who knows?
Crazy business, I love it.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Ok so all im saying is if they do reveal the other 2 special moves that would mean that each character has at least 4 pages of information 4 times... lets say 35 that would equal 140 days worth of updates on just these characters alone.

Anyways how exactly do we activate these FS then because it says that with Mario's you should try and activate it somewhere in a slightly floaty mid air position.So what, first of all you pick it and you you activate it whenever you want? and how will the ones that only target a certain character work?

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman

So I wonder if all of those pansies who whine and take items out (seriously, WTF? They make the game so much fun!) will have a pity party if Smash Balls don't count as items.

Though I'm sure you'll be able to turn them off and change their frequency. I personally see them as items, myself--it's just that they're special items which have a different effect depending on which character uses them.

So now we've opened the gates to seeing Final Smashes and Special Moves in the blog. Wonder what'll be tomorrow...Maybe another Final Smash, perhaps? Pit's other two special moves? A new character? Who knows?
Wednesday should be two returning characters...

and even though the "final Smash" entryl was listed under gameplay info, the blurb mentions that it's activated with a Smash Ball item

Sariku

Smash Master
Wednesday should be two returning characters...

and even though the "final Smash" entryl was listed under gameplay info, the blurb mentions that it's activated with a Smash Ball item

Hes correct you can see it here.

The Final Smash is a secret skill that can be performed but once…and only after obtaining an item called the Smash Ball, which is a precious item, indeed.
So I don't have to replace it after all.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I wonder if metaknights final smash involves the halberd in anyway and i think pits will be a volley of magic arrows or something.

Sariku

Smash Master
I wonder if metaknights final smash involves the halberd in anyway and i think pits will be a volley of magic arrows or something.
I could but I think that it shouldn't. For a more advanced discussion though on Final Smashes go here.

But I'll post mine real fast. I think Fox's should be a combonation of Fox Illusion, and his Gun. He starts using Fox Illusion to run around them at high speeds and all, while shooting him with his gun. Giving it the feel that they're are multiple people shooting him.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Actually i think his will involve arwings a bit like that thing he does with the d pad.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea but fox is famous for his arwing skills and team leadership so you could say it does involve him.

Well,the Smash Ball really isn't undert he"item" category as of yet,but I believe that it is in the how to play section to simply inform us of a gameplay mechanic that has been implemented into the game.

It is possible that the Smash Ball could be part of the actual game engine,I'm sure that it can be turned on and off,such as you can turn the Power Shots off in Mario Power Tennis.

Sariku

Smash Master
Well,the Smash Ball really isn't undert he"item" category as of yet,but I believe that it is in the how to play section to simply inform us of a gameplay mechanic that has been implemented into the game.

It is possible that the Smash Ball could be part of the actual game engine,I'm sure that it can be turned on and off,such as you can turn the Power Shots off in Mario Power Tennis.
Its an official Item, thats why I havn't changed it. If you really pay attention when you read it on the official site, it clearly says its an item. Just cause they havn't put it in the item section doesn't mean its not an item. They mention the hammer, but its not in the item section, does that mean its not a item?

Its an official Item, thats why I havn't changed it. If you really pay attention when you read it on the official site, it clearly says its an item. Just cause they havn't put it in the item section doesn't mean its not an item. They mention the hammer, but its not in the item section, does that mean its not a item?
Even if it is an item or not,as long as you have the option to turn it on and off,i'm fine.

But if this was an item,it may be the only item I use for fun.^^

Toasty!

Smash Journeyman
New Update!

We’ve included rapid-fire items like the Super Scope once again.

One of the so-called shooting items.

This time, though, you can walk and even jump while shooting these weapons!

Whoa! You can move forward and backward!

You can even shoot while jumping!

Freedom and ease of use have gotten a real upgrade.

This expansion also increases your possible strategies, so fire away!

Sariku

Smash Master
I was aware of that update, but you just made my job easier Toasty. Since you can see he posted the update, I won't update thread till tomorrow, as I'm gonna sleep... I stayed up all night for you guys, lol.

Night.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
It does.

LOL.

I don't really remember about the scope...
But anyways, I'm psyched about all of this new item stuff we're learning.
I always play with items unless I'm in a tournament of some kind (or playing with some stiffhead who refuses to use them despite them clearly being meant to be used as part of the fun).

I'm a Smash purist--I believe that anything goes in the name of fun when playing Smash Bros., because that's what Smash Bros. was originally intended for: FUN.
You know, that thing people forget sometimes because they worry so much about how good they're doing.
Besides, using items effectively is part of being good at this game, too.

Regardless, being able to move while shooting items adds some new strat to the mix (so does being able to crawl, albeit not as much), and I'm very glad that they're really pushing to expand the game and not just add new physical stuff to it.

Sandy

Smash Champion
Regardless, being able to move while shooting items adds some new strat to the mix (so does being able to crawl, albeit not as much), and I'm very glad that they're really pushing to expand the game and not just add new physical stuff to it.
Do you think Short Hopping will make a return?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Hey destiny smasher have you ever played a four player match on final destination with just one item turned on (Like hammers, Green shells or freizies or whatever they are called) and the frequency on very high?

Well its very fun and hectic (Especially the green shells one).

Sariku

Smash Master
Agreed. I don't play much with Items either, mostly cause I think its cheap a Smash n00b is able to KO me with a bomb-omb that landed right next to him all by luck.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
for duels i turn items off, but for four players matches i love being hectic and crazy and if you can train yourself to be just as good with items on or off, then all the better

Sariku

Smash Master
Meh, I'm gonna keep Items off when I play, on Melee anyways... I'm gonna play quite a few matches with Brawl Items, but then probably turn them off.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
They should make special effects when items collide like if someone charged a super scope fully and then shot it at you and you threw a bob-omb at it at the same time it would cause a massive explosion that would be cool!

Sariku

Smash Master
That would be cool, but I think that happens in Melee also... just no HUGE explosion, a small one.
-----------------------------------------
Complete Update on Todays Update.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Seeing as the update today was about guns i thought it be my obligation to post this picture of link dodging a shot from fox's blaster!

experiment111

Smash Journeyman
I usually put items to turn up the madness meter to 11. and so that my some of my friends hav an edge with things like hammers. exploding things can be annoying....but they can also be fun so im excited for new item stuff. I'd prefer it if sakurai focused more on characters for now though.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Actually, one of my friends loves playing Pokemon Stadium with Pokeballs on very high.

It's totally crazy. COMPLETELY luck-based once you get once person who grabs the pokeballs...

It's more fun with 4 people, though.
And of course we've played crazy bob-omb sudden death matches. =D

Anyway, the Gooey Bomb doesn't look broken at all, how does it?
It's a more creative motion sensing mine...
Except it looks timed...and sticks to people.
I'm stoked about that item, though, it looks like hot stuff in free-for-all matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom