• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Mod's Close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sariku

Smash Master
You got a few good points, but not that much. The only thing I think that you could accually be right about is the big gold Shine Tower. As the two platforms wasn't there is Mario Sunshine, that really gives the Idea we're gonna fight there.

hellsoldierx15

Smash Journeyman
you have some pretty decent observations, splat. im looking at the screens and i can see the differences. now, what i have concluded is that one of those attacks by fox is the real attack, and the other is just a render. i believe that the third screen could be his actual attack. but, i look at it more and i see that the third screen is at more of an angle than the second screen, and that may be causing fox to look in a different direction. we really dont know until sakurai release his moves. (if he does)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
His head most probably just moves a bit while you perform the attack and that scouter in the third image looks interesting and its almost definite we will be brawling on the beach and on top of the houses.

thrak

Smash Cadet
on top of houses??

Says what
I only saw the beach and the ground in the pics...

Wrath`

Smash Master
based on fox finds and things i have seen with zamus,i think we will see being able to but guns away or sword for differed movesets.

also,MUTE CITY IS IN DANGER
look delfino has the moving platform and the mario kart leverl has moving cars

mffns

Smash Cadet
maybe at first, but then it would get annoying.
if the stage moves, that means u get cramped on a tiny platform in transitions, and you cant really perfect a strategy because you are always moving.
The fruit could be bothersome, cuz then any annoyying noob could just hide in the corner and wait for fruit to throw into the battle.
Also, the constant stage changes OR fruit falling from trees would most likely render it un-usable in touraments...
To the "always moving" statement, mute city is a moving level, with different platforms everytime you stop, and its a counter pick in MLG rules.
For the fruit statement, the level green greens in ssbm has the tree that throws out apples once in a while, and that level is used in counter picking (in some tournaments)

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
While we're on the subject of weird poses, a much earlier pic caught my eye.
Here, Mario is facing backwards while running away. Maybe it's just for effect?

Also Sariku: FOD stands for Fountain of Dreams. It's banned in 2v2 because the platforms cause noticeable lag.

Sargent_Peach

Smash Journeyman
Not really sure yet if fox can put his gun away, you really cant see his hand that holds the gun.

Time, that is an interesting picture. I had thought about it earlier.

Toasty!

Smash Journeyman
I don't know why everyone is like, "OMG liek the capnm maybe isn't not reurning!!!!!!!!11!!1"

They can't just drop a series.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
That's not confirmed by anyone yet. Truthfully, we don't know jack **** about the game's characters, aside from the ones that have been pictured.

Of course, I'd be really surprised if they all didn't come back. Probably get rid of Pichu. Hopefully no one else, though.

So here's a question. It's 1AM right now. Should I stay up until, like, 4 so I can read the new update before I go to bed? Or should I say screw it. I have to go to work at 4pm tomorrow, so I could sleep in, no problem.

~Dac

Sariku

Smash Master
Just depends. I have to stay up until it updates cause I'm the Thread Master. But for you other guys, it all really just depends on what you want to do. It won't hurt at all if you wait till morning, I usually like it more like that. But I'm too psyched, seeing the new stage. So... if you want, sleep, if you don't, don't. Thats all I can really say.

Toasty!

Smash Journeyman
Stay up. All the cool kids stay up.

It's only 12 here, and the updates happen at about 2 or 3, so for you the latest would be 3 or 4 AM.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
All characters from the N64 version should definately come back.
Clones from Melee should definately leave, unless they get their own original sets of moves!
If not, then they should be replaced with new comers, such as Pit or Metaknight, etc.

At what time does the website update at NST time?
School night, but... eh, I could make the wait. ;)

Sariku

Smash Master
Don't pressure him, I know its like to have to work, espicially when your tired. It sucks. I teach Karate, I'm an assistant instructor, at the age of 14. I got my Blue belt, 3 belts away from Black. And I teach there on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5 PM - 9 PM. It really sucks when your tired.

PS. Another new sig, made by me. How you like it? Have a request?

Toasty!

Smash Journeyman
Yea, I work too. And I'm 12.

-_-

Sig's a little plain, background wise. and Knuckles looks to plain too. What time is it in NST?

Sariku

Smash Master
NST? I havn't heard of that Time Zone. Infact, I should probably add different time zones on the Main Post... but sorry, can't help you there. I'd get to sleep, since its a school night and all.

PS - Its supposed to have a plain background, lol, but I like it cause it looks like hes breaking glass.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
All the cool kids stay up? Well ****, I wanna be a cool kid! =P

Yeah, I'll probably stay up. Even if I try to sleep, I'll be too pumped for the next update.

Sariku, or should I say "Almighty Thread Master of Jesus." You don't freaking own these forums. Quit acting like you're God of Brawl. Big deal, you made a thread. Quit letting it get to your head.

Psych! XD I'm just playing. Actually, I just got finished reading your thread. It kicks a.s.s., dude. Everything's really neat and organized, I like it a lot. Keep up the awesome updates! =D

Also, I know you're pretty active on these forums, so here's a question: Have you read any extremely interesting rumors that aren't based on pure rubbish? I'm talking about rumors like the pictures that one guy posted, with Delfino having platforms on the Shine tower. That kind of stuff is really, really interesting, and is pretty legit. Have you thought about making some kind of rumor section at the end of your thread or something?

~Dac

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
NST time is at 10:30 P.M. right now.
At what time will I have to stay up to be as cool as you guys?! :p
(if it's anything beyond my limit, screw being cool)

Sariku

Smash Master
Accually yes, I have. But Again, there's alot of n00b's on these forums. If I dont have anything but the complete truth in this thread, n00b's will take the rumors and say their facts. So I'm only gonna have confirmed info in this thread. You can post rumors in this if you want, but people need to remember, if its not in the first post, then its not confirmed.

Also, I was about to get really pissed when you started off. But luckily you saved yourself with the god-given Psych. I don't think I'm master of these forums, but of this particular thread, yes, I am master... MWAHAHAHA! With help from Fewergie. She did all the banners for me.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
1:00 A.M.?
Eh, I'll try I guess, but if I here my mum's voice:
"GO TO BED!$@" then, ta-tah! ;)

It's nothing to die over, there's gonna be plenty more updates!

Dacvak

Smash Ace
No one uses "Psych!" online. It really catches people off-guard. XP

About the rumors: Either way, do you know of any other really interesting rumors I should check out? I don't browse these forums too often, mainly because of the dipsh*ts who post useless stuff. It's rare to find a gem of intelligence among the dirt of stupidity in forums, now-a-days.

So anyway, cool rumors? (Preferably with pictures?)

~Dac

Sariku

Smash Master
The only thing I think worth staying up over would be E3 Info. The rest is small stuff, E3 could show a new trailer, new characters, new stages, release date, boxart, control scheme... whoa! I just so psyched myself up.

Sariku

Smash Master
If its a rumor, there isn't necessairly pictures. Theres the simple ones like if Fox will always have his gun at ready or not. And then theres stuff like Sonic and Mario at the Olympics, how will it affect Brawl? Theres some interesting theories out there, but no rumors that make you go "OMG NO WAY!" Except the Mario and Sonic Go To The Olympics Game. If you didn't know about it already.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
The only thing I think worth staying up over would be E3 Info. The rest is small stuff, E3 could show a new trailer, new characters, new stages, release date, boxart, control scheme... whoa! I just so psyched myself up.
I'm really not as psyched about the release date as I am about the Game modes, Characters, Items, Stages, etc. Who cares as long as we know it's coming out eventually? ;)
It's the game content that really matters to me.

E3 trailers would be good, however. :rolleyes:

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Hah, yeah. That's on the 11th, correct? I'll stay frosty until then.

~Dac

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Hey, is there any mention that we'll be able to play against each other on WiFi connection?
Now that'd be awesome, no more driving to tournaments :)

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Back at E3 in 2005, Iwata clearly stated that Super Smash Bros for the "Revolution" would feature online play. Of course, he also stated that it would be a launch title. He also simulatenously passed out and **** his pants while on stage, so really, it's anyone's guess.

~Dac

Edit: And I don't really know how "awesome" that would be. There's really no such thing as lag-less online play. Games like Halo 2 can get around this, because they're not as fast-paced. Plus, the characters are all positioned relavitely on each person's consoles.

With Smash Bros, you need to times things down to the frame. There's no just internet connection fast enough, yet.

Of course, it really wouldn't hurt. And it would be a giant selling point. I just don't think it would be very practical for professional players.

~Dac^2

Sariku

Smash Master
Yes, Online Mode has been confirmed, but no ways to play online, or how it will work, has been announced yet.

And about the Edit Button, its cause some people don't see the stuff you change if you just Edit a previous post. Sorry^^

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Ah, that's awesome.
Now I actually have a reason for getting WiFi, not forgetting the Wii ;)

Dacvak

Smash Ace
(Edit above)

Anyway, I'm going to go watch Arrested Development or something. I'll be back in a few hours. Peace out.

~Dac

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
See ya, =)
As long as I'm still in the official brawl info thread, what in the hell does a cracket launcher do? xD

Sariku

Smash Master
They best way to describe would be thing. Think of a Machine Gun. Then doens't only go strait, but all around, like in a circle infront of you.

Or how Sakurai says it. Its like being hit by fireworks. How HE knows what being hit by fireworks feels like though, I have no clue.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I just re-looked at the site. You can aim with the thing?
Now I'd love to see you hitting a fast faller coming down from a far distance.
That would make the day ;)
Close range: think it'll affect you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom