• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Imo taunts just mean that you arent a hardass and like to enjoy yourself while gaming. I dont give a **** whether or not im losing, if Im playing and feel like taunting, I will do so lol.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
On the subject of Pikachu:

A lot of people claim that ESAM is an outlier and that Pikachu's tournament placings without his achievements aren't actually worth noting. However, the last regional tournament in West Japan was won by a "Pikachu main" named Ganbaranai [Hayase]. He got 1st out of 60ish using all Pikachu except in GF vs 9B whom he beat with MK ... and really, ICs is quite a bad match-up for Pikachu so you can't blame him for going MK against them :laugh:

And he still beat a bunch of players on his way there [I haven't seen the bracket yet but I know that he beat Earth at the very least] so it's fair to say that there's probably more to the character than some people think - older videos of him beating Selcia's MK with Pikachu convincingly exist on youtube as well!

:059:

Tesh

Smash Hero
OMG! That is amazing! But Reflex is he faster than u!? I always thought u were the fastest at getting out of grabs and told everyone this in the smash community.
That vid is pretty darn awesome.
I'm kind of surprised a top Lucas main didn't know all about this already. :glare:

Personally I used shake smash to break out of grabs.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'd probably agree if the amount of lethal Pikachu's in our country couldn't be counted with less than two fingers. :applejack:

Cassio

Smash Master
Thats more than you can say about anyone in our country except MK, Olimar, Snake, and arguably diddy/ICs. Lethal players are extremely rare and generally consist of a single person per character.

Cassio

Smash Master
Using that argument ICs wouldnt be top tier here, lol. Pika might or might not fit in that general group of characters. Hes certainly seen his fair share of success, but its a hard call to make atm for various reasons so hes left on the border/in limbo. It doesnt really matter too much though.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
I'm kind of surprised a top Lucas main didn't know all about this already. :glare:

Personally I used shake smash to break out of grabs.
Yer mistaken. I knew about it. I am amazed at the players ability at doing it.

I kinda disagree with the whole outlier thing. But I now understand. This tier list is supposed to say "how scared you should be if you meet this character in tourney". With that logic it makes sense. I honestly don't think we should be going by that logic. Who cares if u never meet Esam in tourney I feel Esam's power level with the character should be represented by the tier list.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I really do not care about Luigi,but if he keeps dropping like this,he will be a low tier,and for him,this is just... strange...

And I want to use Lucas at low tiers tournaments

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
I see what you did there.
Ya got me! :p

OMG! That is amazing! But Reflex is he faster than u!? I always thought u were the fastest at getting out of grabs and told everyone this in the smash community.
That vid is pretty darn awesome.
Really? John12346 always brags to me that he's the fastest smasher at mashing. :reverse:

No taunt can ever compare to the annoyance that is Sonic's and Pit's "You're too slow" and "You're not ready yet" respectively. Just my opinion.
Yes, those are the only taunts that could actually be viewed in certain lights as 'insulting'.

On the subject of Pikachu:

A lot of people claim that ESAM is an outlier and that Pikachu's tournament placings without his achievements aren't actually worth noting.
Not disagreeing with you cuz I know you're actually supporting Pika moving up with this post, but I just wanted to point out that a bunch of other chars are also riding on the results of "outliers," so to speak. Diddy rode on Gnes and ADHD. ICs rode on Vinnie and ESAM. ZSS still rides on only Nick Riddle. TL rides on MJG. DK rides on Will. Without those people, a bunch of chars are suddenly left without consistent results at all.

I cant see DK dropping anymore after this.
Actually, I can see it. I'm just waiting for the resurgence of D3's as well as a new surge of Olis and ICs that is inspired by this new tier list.

Oli with him random recovery ? 2nd ?

Really ?

Ha ok.

Nietono effect ?
A bad recovery doesn't matter that much when you dominate onstage. I'll use Melee Falco as an analogy of sorts. He's notorious for having one of the shortest, if not the shortest, recoveries in the game. However, his domination onstage more than offset this, and thus, he is the second best in the game. Olimar is very similar. Sure he's gimped and edgehogged rather easily, but getting him offstage at all is quite the chore...

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
ZSS still rides on only Nick Riddle.
Nick Riddle was outplaced by TWO ZSSs at Apex (Salem & DRN). Just saiyan
Though to be fair, Salem has only been to like...3 tournaments recently (Concentrate 2, Apex, and some small 8-16-man tourney where he got 2nd losing to vVv Zero)
But DRN does very well in his region, and doesn't travel much AFAIK (which is pretty much where Nick is, and where he has been for a while. DRN is just new)

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Kira Flax and/or MJG recently are probably the fastest masher's I've played
Reflex, Ocean, and Fino are also notable, but probably below the top tier.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Kira Flax and/or MJG recently are probably the fastest masher's I've played
Reflex, Ocean, and Fino are also notable, but probably below the top tier.
I probably would've made a better impression if my thumb weren't bleeding because of that controller's rough buttons. :glare:

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Salem would easily take the cake for best if he were more active. His control of the character is phenomenal.

:phone:

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I probably would've made a better impression if my thumb weren't bleeding because of that controller's rough buttons. :glare:
Yawn.

I used to be impressed by people bleeding from/while mashing. But then I got regular practice with Fino and MJG who have both paid for their stocks in blood time and again

Cassio

Smash Master
I had the chance to speak to salem once about how he came to be so good with his character with little offline tournament play. Afterwards I realized that its really not surprising how great he is with his character given the amount of time, effort, and dedication hes put into practicing both online and particularly offline on his own in training mode.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Yawn.

I used to be impressed by people bleeding from/while mashing. But then I got regular practice with Fino and MJG who have both paid for their stocks in blood time and again
It's not about impressing anyone--Player-3's controller was the offender. I've spent many an hour playing against my brother, and the first time I bled was the first time I had to mash on that controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom