• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madame puff

Smash Journeyman
Wait, when did this change?
I've been away from the smash community a while, so I apologize if this a stupid question.

Raveous

Smash Rookie
I'm rather surprised with falco's part. Falco, if used correctly, is probably one of the most necessary characters in brawl. He has everything the perfect brawl character needs-a reflector to reflect projectiles, a projectile weapon for long range, a spike attack to send people flying down into the ground, a sliding smash-attack, and a little inkling of a chain grab.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
R.O.B. has all of those, well except for the chaingrab :awesome:

Falco is broken, but there are some who are more broken than he is.

Oh and welcome to Smashboards

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Falco, when played with utmost disrespect for your opponent, is extremely potent, though some character simply have answers to his keep away. You can't laserlaser Olimar, MK laughs at your attempts to escape with Phantasm. ICs..not sure about them. Wario's mobility is too strong. Snake has grenade stage control to catch you. Falco's camping is extremely effective on borderline and down, though.

Luxord

Smash Journeyman
Falco, when played with utmost disrespect for your opponent, is extremely potent, though some character simply have answers to his keep away. You can't laserlaser Olimar, MK laughs at your attempts to escape with Phantasm. ICs..not sure about them. Wario's mobility is too strong. Snake has grenade stage control to catch you. Falco's camping is extremely effective on borderline and down, though.
Yeah in that sense Falco is a better GW. Falco absolutely crushes (practically) everyone below him but not really much anyone above him (just drawing even or negative MUs). Same with GW, he's where he is because he wrecks almost everyone (minus 2-4 characters) below him but above him he gets owned (pretty badly too).

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
omg you are all under-rating falco so much and his match ups against high tiered are skewed imo. he should be even with marth, +1 on diddy, +2 zss, and still has so much untapped potential imo.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I feel like Falco - by sheer character design - is best or 2nd best. When you add in CGs he suffers a lot though because not only do other charaters get an even bigger boost than him but he also is hurt by these CGs himself. I don't think he loses any match-up that doesn't involve a chaingrab though. It's just that he happens to lose those match-up quite badly.

:059:

Luxord

Smash Journeyman
I feel like Falco - by sheer character design - is best or 2nd best. When you add in CGs he suffers a lot though because not only do other charaters get an even bigger boost than him but he also is hurt by these CGs himself. I don't think he loses any match-up that doesn't involve a chaingrab though. It's just that he happens to lose those match-up quite badly.

I wanna give you this but stagelist screws him along with MK and Pika. On neutrals (especially FD) Falco is free for Icies. On RC and FO he gets effed, namely Wario MK taking him to those 2 crush him. Olimar beats Falco regardless imo. So does MK. Snake doesn't even lose on neutral to him, goes even (debatable) and then snake wins on CPs. And I'm sure you know bout the horrid Pika MU gheb. He goes even with Marth and his DDD MU (+2) is +1 at best. He clearly can wreck DDD on neutrals which is the main issue. As for diddy I think falco loses if the diddy is smart enough not to get CGd -> spike -> gimp (or if they do get grabbed the diddy knows how to easily SDI the spike onto stage)

I think at tops Falco can never exceed 4th and that's pushing it, to me he belongs right where he is. Also he lacks enough representation, he might be 2nd/3rd most used character, but most aren't threats. At the beginning of their matches most just keep phantasming and dash grabbing like idiots or they sit in their shield for a s. grab.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
1.) Falco is one of the few characters that legit beat Olimar <_<
2.) FO is a really damn good CP for Falco. RC doesn't exist any more holy **** at people still taking that garbage into account
3.) FD is like, Falco's best option vs IC, not even kidding.

It's true that Falco should never go above 4th. 2 counters is too much to be top tier.

MK / IC
Snake / Olimar > Diddy / Pikachu
-
Falco > Marth / Fox
Wario / Pit

Is approx what I think it should be like.

Luxord

Smash Journeyman
1.) Falco is one of the few characters that legit beat Olimar <_<
2.) FO is a really damn good CP for Falco. RC doesn't exist any more holy **** at people still taking that garbage into account
3.) FD is like, Falco's best option vs IC, not even kidding.

It's true that Falco should never go above 4th. 2 counters is too much to be top tier.

MK / IC
Snake / Olimar > Diddy / Pikachu
-
Falco > Marth / Fox
Wario / Pit

Is approx what I think it should be like.

Falco beats Olimar? Maybe on paper but look at practically EVERY single top Olimar v top Falco. Olimar comes out on top from basically anything 2011-present.

I don't see Pika above Falco b/c Falco v Olimar and Diddy is (imo) easier for falco than pika and that's enough to not have Pika above.

And Fox above wario o_O (excluding TKD I feel no fox can truly prove that - but like many people have said "if there one day comes a fox who can't get grabbed, fox will be top tier")

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
lol

Falco is like the character that can back up the claim to beat Olimar the best. Not even MK or IC [the other two arguable disadvantages] have such a solid and consistent winning record over Olimar.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
lol

Falco is like the character that can back up the claim to beat Olimar the best. Not even MK or IC [the other two arguable disadvantages] have such a solid and consistent winning record over Olimar.

People used to say (and still do) that ZSS beats Olimar.

To be honest it's been so long since anyone saw the MU that I'm not sure anymore. But in like early 2010? WHIP IT

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
^
I play the MU tons. ZSS loses, -1. It could be her worst MU, not really sure atm cause I have like no MK/Diddy experience so one/both of those could be worse.

Cassio

Smash Master
Falco definitely beats oli, lol. Larrys record vs oli is something ridiculous like 40+ to 3 (mostly from rich). He did lose to Nietono in bracket, but earlier hed beaten him in a mm and has beaten brood in two finals sets as well from the first Apex. More recently dabuz has lost to pelca and shugo even though neither are very strong in the MU (imo), and at the latest E4 anuar lost to both sk92 and larry (who also beat rich again).

Personally thats only half of why I feel the MU is bad, the other half from watching the matches themselves play out. Its a MU Ive seen probably more than any other MU, and from mutliple bracket sets, finals sets, and even friendlies its just depressing to watch.

I agree with this sentiment and have felt it applies to Fox, Wolf, Pika, and perhaps Pit and sheik. Aside from MU specific BS like cgs I think their character designs are well balanced and versatile enough to never really limit the player from achieving success, and its transcended throughout the smash series (for those it applies to). I feel like it should apply to mario as well in the same way it did in melee and 64, above average with no outstanding traits, but results dont support that.

Also RC is a fine Falco stage and FD is also good for falco against pika.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
are you joking? even with cgs falco has proven to win these MUs time and time again, not even because the cg doesn't skew it in their favor (it does), but his character design is so amazing that he has all the tools needed to win against his hardest MUs (he even has top level wins on pika albeit they are kinda outdated) and he does win. seriously im so astonished at people thinking falco could be anywhere outside of top 4, and right now he's 6th :/

(and some of his mus have became way too lenient on falco winning them, he wins and harder than listed)

damn looks like falco is in need of either a new hero or an old hero to show up outta nowhere and show em how it's done again

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
then I tell them to get some headphones and deal with it, like I did. Go to a marvel tournament and see how well that goes over

hinthint, it makes you a target.

Not if I respectfully decline their request.

thats like if I politely ask someone to let me counterpick them to hanenbow with the gentlemen's clause, that doesnt make them disrespectful for declining.
Well, I would kinda hope that our Brawl community would be a little nicer than the Marvel one. I've been at Marvel tourneys where the slightest weird action is misinterpreted as trash-talk, and before you know it, you're swamped in it from all sides.

This isn't quite the same as asking someone to let you "counterpick them to hanenbow with the gentlemen's clause." Politely requesting quietness during a set doesn't benefit either side of the competition, while being loud potentially may. Of course, it's still up to the competitors and TOs but it shouldn't really be paired in the same category as radical counterpicks and such.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
I'm rather surprised with falco's part. Falco, if used correctly, is probably one of the most necessary characters in brawl. He has everything the perfect brawl character needs-a reflector to reflect projectiles, a projectile weapon for long range, a spike attack to send people flying down into the ground, a sliding smash-attack, and a little inkling of a chain grab.
You missed one thing: a good, versatile recovery. Falco has one of the shortest, most linear recoveries in the game. Also, his reflector isn't that good at actually reflecting things, if you ask me.

Yeah in that sense Falco is a better GW. Falco absolutely crushes (practically) everyone below him but not really much anyone above him (just drawing even or negative MUs). Same with GW, he's where he is because he wrecks almost everyone (minus 2-4 characters) below him but above him he gets owned (pretty badly too).
I don't think going even with Lucario, Pit, Kirby, Sheilda, Fox, and Sheik qualifies as 'crushing "everyone below him."'

Not to be a stickler or anything, but the Falco:MK MU doesn't involve CGs and Falco loses that one. I also think a few of his listed even MUs (Pit, Lucario, etc.) are actually in the other chars' favors even though no CGs are involved.

Olimar beats Falco regardless imo. So does MK. Snake doesn't even lose on neutral to him, goes even (debatable) and then snake wins on CPs. He goes even with Marth and his DDD MU (+2) is +1 at best. He clearly can wreck DDD on neutrals which is the main issue. As for diddy I think falco loses if the diddy is smart enough not to get CGd -> spike -> gimp (or if they do get grabbed the diddy knows how to easily SDI the spike onto stage)
Um, Falco:Oli is +1 for Falco. Oli, one of the greatest campers, is simply out-camped here. MK beats Falco but not that badly. It's only a -1 and Falco is widely seen as a char who has one of the the best MUs against MK. Falco:Snake is even. Sure, Snake wins on some CPs, but imo, Falco wins on neutrals. He outcamps him and can always reflect projectiles as Raveous pointed out. Falco loses to Marth -1 (but that can be seen as even) and goes even with Diddy. As for DDD, most of the D3s (including me) on the DDD boards have pretty much agreed that the D3:Falco MU is -2 for Dedede.

2.) FO is a really damn good CP for Falco. RC doesn't exist any more holy **** at people still taking that garbage into account.
Well, the inclusion of RC is still up to the TOs, isn't it? Don't just write it off as non-existent. There is no more recommended ruleset, so it's true that RC is no longer recommended as a legal CP, but it isn't expressly banned either. I'd still take it into account when factoring MUs and such. Same goes for PS2 and Brinstar. As for Frigate, that stage is a good CP for Falco, but only on the second part of the stage. On, the first part, Falco's recovery gets nerfed on the right side. It's fairly easy to gimp him, since there isn't a ledge.

I don't see Pika above Falco b/c Falco v Olimar and Diddy is (imo) easier for falco than pika and that's enough to not have Pika above.
You can't really use only two MUs as a reason that Pika shouldn't move above Falco. Pika arguably goes even with MK while Falco has an agreed -1. Pika also only slightly loses to ICs (many think it's actually even) while Falco gets bodied by them. In addition, Pika has an easier time against Marth; Pika:Marth is actually listed as 0, unlike the Falco:Marth MU (-1). Pika also beats Snake +1 (ESAM and many others believe it's actually +2) while Falco only goes even with him. Oh, and let's not forget that Pika destroys Falco, just like he does every Spacie. All of this evidence points towards Pika being above Falco.

How are ICs arguable? Aren't they Oli's worst MU at -2?

I agree with this sentiment and have felt it applies to Fox, Wolf, Pika, and perhaps Pit and sheik. Aside from MU specific BS like cgs I think their character designs are well balanced and versatile enough to never really limit the player from achieving success, and its transcended throughout the smash series (for those it applies to). I feel like it should apply to mario as well in the same way it did in melee and 64, above average with no outstanding traits, but results dont support that.
Umm, Mario's never really been "above average", though. He's bottom of B tier (average) in 64, and middle of D tier (lower mid, below average) in Melee. If anything, I'd say that Mario has been THE average set for Smash characters everywhere.

are you joking? even with cgs falco has proven to win these MUs time and time again, not even because the cg doesn't skew it in their favor (it does), but his character design is so amazing that he has all the tools needed to win against his hardest MUs (he even has top level wins on pika albeit they are kinda outdated) and he does win. seriously im so astonished at people thinking falco could be anywhere outside of top 4, and right now he's 6th :/

(and some of his mus have became way too lenient on falco winning them, he wins and harder than listed)

damn looks like falco is in need of either a new hero or an old hero to show up outta nowhere and show em how it's done again
That literal TX logic... :p

bubbaking

Smash Hero
People used to say that Ike countered MK. Remember that? XD

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, what?
Nothing surprising really. ZSS only has -1's, so it makes sense that her worst MU would also be.......a -1. :smirk:

Mario's outstanding trait is terrible range (from standing, not from hurtbox) compared to most of the cast.
Ummm, what do you mean by this? :confused:

Maybe D:

I hate squirtle when I am playing ZSS ugh
Doesn't ZSS have some sort of infinite on Squirtle, though?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Who doesnt have some sort of CG or infinite on squirtle?
Well, a chaingrab is usually not as bad as an infinite.

That said, a crouching/F-Tilting/D-Tilting Squirtle is too low to the ground for anything but the end (the fully-outstretched tip) of Zero Suit Samus's grab to connect, so it isn't at all reliable.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Ummm, what do you mean by this? :confused:
I mean it's a bad thing, and as an example of the range I mean, while Falcon may have a similar disjoint (nothing but where you can hit him is a hitbox), he has better range because his attacks extend further from a neutral point (standing straight). Mario has stubby limbs with disjoint on only 4 attacks: Fireball, Cape, FLUDD, fSmash. Though his head IS invincible during uSmash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom