• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
All smash games become progressively more conservative on stages, it's not a surprise. Whether you want to weight the arguments or not, Brawl is technically still a competitive game if you used only 3 stages, if you used only 1 stage, if MK could never grab the edge a single time, if he cannot mash tornado, etc. A lot of dumb rules could still lead or be implemented and the game still functions competitively.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I would be completely fine with MK counter picking me to PS2 over:

Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate
Battlefield (if they're god tier tech, but alright, nm)
PS1 (because I can't actually approach MK on PS1 during transformations)
Smashville (if they're close to god tier tech + in the "gayest play possible" attitude)
Pictochat (because those stage transformations are actually designed to kill you, and Meta Knight likes to take advantage of them and not be phased by them like the rest of the cast [and yes I know MK doesn't like Pictochat in several match ups])

But hey, PS2 transformations are just camp outs and MK 0-deaths everyone and times everyone out and wins the game or something.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
How is PS2 even supposed to be good for MK? If anything it feels like a pretty meh stage considering it's MK we are talking about. MK in the air transformation is not good though I am sure you are just thinking about that uair uair uair uair that doesn't actually work there.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
It's legitimately Final Destination plus 40 seconds of "things that make all the things good about MK significantly less effective" every so often.
Good thing MK's best stage is final destination.

Like, do you realise how good it feels to see an MK move towards you and then go "**** it, I'm just jumping off stage, see ya later".
IT'S AMAZING. Oh, and lol, I'll follow you straight to the blast zone and not give a ****. (I love Falco in this situation more than any other character)

Like, do you realise how good it feels to see an MK actually trying to walk? Like, that ****ty walk. Because two and a half of the transformations make dashing either hard read-level or outright ****?

Like, do you realise how good it feels to know that 5 jumps and down air is suddenly worthless? Like, please jump meta knight. PLEASE.

I mean...
do you realise how bad it feels that MK just wins?
yeah that's what I meant.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
What would be wrong with a complex ban? If pokemon can do it for multiple instances with success, why can't we?

Ban MK from counterpicking certain stages, and allow a second round of counterpicking if MK is chosen while going to one of these counterpicks.

Ex1: MK vs. Falco. Falco wins, so MK cannot CP Delphino, Norfair, RC, Brinstar, etc.

Ex2: Wario vs. Falco. Falco wins. Wario says he is going to Rainbow Cruise and Falco chooses MK. Then, if Wario so chooses, can change his stage pick (And allow MK to change characters after that as well)

Tesh

Smash Hero
MK isn't bad anywhere, but I have used that stage as a CP against MKs. The regular layout is good enough vs him (not like BF where he can just go off on you all day), the ledges are alot better. No teching shuttle loop only to find yourself still trapped under the stage.

The transformations really aren't too special for anyone, but MK is still fine at camping anything out.

One of the funny things about Sonic vs MK is that if you place a spring on the treadmill, it will fall off the stage and stop MK from planking. Sonic also is barely slowed down by treadmills, has a broken upsmash on ice, great vertical movement in low gravity, invincible spindash on the rock phase.

Its just alot easier to get in on people during the phases on ps2 without the "cave of life" effects present in 3/4 of ps1 phases.

Life

Smash Hero
Players like you are the worst. No sense of creativity for new, non-broken stage mechanics, and no enthusiasm for new content.
You might as well just set up Smash 4's ruleset now because we all know that this terrible attitude is going to whittle the list down to Final Destination and Battlefield anyways. :applejack:
lessthanthree, wonder if I have room in my sig for this post

speaking of my sig
If I may sum it up as follows - what we're saying is that when I get hit by a car and my opponent takes advantage, I blame myself for letting myself get in a bad position. When you get hit by a car, you curse your bad luck and blame the stage for interfering with your match.

Dekillsage

Smash Lord
If you want a ruleset that has a lot of stages then the apex ruleset is fine. Ps2 makes the game more interesting in the sense that everything becomes really wacky during the transformations, but that's about it. :glare:

Btw I heard Zss is top tier. Anyone else agree???

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I don't understand Why we can't just do what pokemon does and ban the MK + RC/Brinstar/any other stage people ban because of MK combination? Even if they can use their poket MK when you choose the stage, this prevents them from CPing these stages on their last game and it means you never have to ban them against an MK main. Problem solved

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Delfino, RC, Brinstar. Should cover it honestly: occasionally Halberd for sharking but that's very minor.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
FLSS with 9 stages using 2-2-1-2-1

Smashville
Battlefield
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Pokemon Stadium
Castle Siege
Final Destination
Delfino Plaza
Rainbow Cruise

2 stage bans, banning done in 1-2-1 fashion after game 1, MK is banned on DP/RC. If an MK plays a non-MK opponent game 1, the MK player must use their first turn stage strikes on DP/RC unless opponent agrees

DeLux

Because you can't play character on the stage where he's banned lol

It avoids mutually exclusive rules possibilties

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
but then MK loses one of his stage strikes. You could just make those two stages optional at the start if there is an MK. if not just play the game

DeLux

I thought that was the point :p

Under most matchups, you end with the standard 5 stage starter list to work with if MK is involved
Obviously if you want to modify it however you will, you are more than free to do that at your own event if you want to try it lol

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
does anyone remember the tag of that DDD main who everyone hated because he was easily the worst poster ever? always saying that because he found that ddd can infinite charizard and yoshi on halberd's slope that he was top tier?

bubbaking is the new that guy. but instead of posting about DDD he posts about things equally unimportant/never actually mattered.

if anyone remembers his tag i'd appreciate it

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
does anyone remember the tag of that DDD main who everyone hated because he was easily the worst poster ever? always saying that because he found that ddd can infinite charizard and yoshi on halberd's slope that he was top tier?

bubbaking is the new that guy. but instead of posting about DDD he posts about things equally unimportant/never actually mattered.

if anyone remembers his tag i'd appreciate it
Doc king.

:018:

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
Don't be silly. Pit is clearly High Tier. :p

Real talk, I've been arguing that Pit is High Tier material for over a year now. I remember at one point, Gheb even provided results and I provided frame data that strongly suggested that Pit is High Tier-caliber character.
i doubt that you have played the character for more than a few hours and never in tournament. he is mid tier. his frame data is amazing sure, to bad that moves they're associated with aren't. trust person who doesn't play pit, stfu you don't know what you're talking about.

The fact that anyone is seriously considering doing that is ridic
everyone hates your posts

Doc king.

:018:
YES!!!!!!!!!! and what a coincidence, BubbaKING is the new doc KING

loooooooooooooooooooool

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
FLSS would make the game so much better.
By the lord, this, this, and this.
Though personally, I like the Full Legal version, not the full one.

Full legal stage striking, can the bat, PS2, 2-stock, 6 minutes.
God. God. God. :applejack:

DeLux

That's assuming one admits there is a problem in the first place :p

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
By the lord, this, this, and this.
Though personally, I like the Full Legal version, not the full one.

Full legal stage striking, can the bat, PS2, 2-stock, 6 minutes.
God. God. God. :applejack:
I obviously meant full legal.
The entire list? I'd make sure to keep all the janky stages for my opponent to strike so I'd get stupid stages at the end.

SoulPech

Smash Master
In every smash game, there's always starters and cp's.

I personally feel the main reason why there are cp's is because of tradition, but that's just me.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I feel that way too. I don't see why ICs vs Diddy can start on FD but G&W vs Wario can't start on Brinstar, or DK vs Yoshi can't start on Delfino, etc etc

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
dust bowl IV had the FLSS, i had a kirby vs yoshi match on RC game 1

honestly, I liked it, except striking takes forever

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Just have the first two stages of any set be counterpicks.
As in, P1 picks any legal stage, they play on it, P2 picks any legal stage, they play on it. If it's even then they go to some extraneous stage striking process.

Actually, FLSS is for every match in a set right? oh well.

Life

Smash Hero
Most people only FLSS game 1, because otherwise the more polar stages never see play.

I proposed a system a while back that went something like:

character selection
stage bans from the full list
counterpick selection
strike remaining stages to find game 1 stage
go to counterpicks for remaining games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom