• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I guess whether or not PS2 saw competitive acceptance, there's enough people with an opinion on it for you to probably ask your opponent to play on a 'non-legal' stage (i.e. PS2 in this case), then let the TO/s know and play on the stage...

Heh heh, i've always wanted to do that. See a GF or be in a GF (never mind the practicality of that! >_>) and have the match on like, Onett or Rumble Falls or Temple or something else silly like that and just kinda mix things up a little.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I actually think Ping Pong is the most similar sport to competitive video games. Tennis is second though (there should be more 1v1 or 2v2 sports)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Well, the way I want to do a tournament in the future is instead of "best ofs" it's "need to win two matches in a row" (i.e. break the opponent's serve/stage choice) with the hard *** version of dave's stupid rule.

Also @ what raziek said.

Having the 'neutral' last like that will probably lead to more stage choices being seen and a bit more hype due to those things (like omg they're 1-1! and now it's no one's advantage for the last match)

Tesh

Smash Hero
Nothing wrong at all with doing neutral first. The only thing even arguably better is having all 3 games played with character CPs only and striking to neutral every game.

Its just dumb to randomly let someone CP first. Not everything needs to be changed folks.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Well, the way I want to do a tournament in the future is instead of "best ofs" it's "need to win two matches in a row" (i.e. break the opponent's serve/stage choice) with the hard *** version of dave's stupid rule.
Time constraints prevent that though, don't they? Wouldn't two players of roughly even-ish skill, perfectly CP-ing one another just have their games go on for ages?

Tesh

Smash Hero
You could do win by 2 in a 1 stock ruleset, but there is always the possibility of things going on alot longer than you planned.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Because if you bothered to learn how to use multiple characters at a decent level you should be able to benefit from that.

Unless you mean that the winner should choose their next char, then the loser chooses stage + their char, but that'd probably be way too strong a CP

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
my posts are always incorrect views on things that don't matter and i don't succeed in making people agree with me, and i've never done anything to advance my character's metagame
wow really? im responsible for around 7+ discoveries and ATs with my character and usually succeed in my goal to troll when posting. but keep posting man, someday you won't be wrong (don't take that to heart tho)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Most people only FLSS game 1, because otherwise the more polar stages never see play.

I proposed a system a while back that went something like:

character selection
stage bans from the full list
counterpick selection
strike remaining stages to find game 1 stage
go to counterpicks for remaining games
Thats how i did it at the tournament Pidge was refering to.

And Luco, there is something called the Gentlemans clause, where you can counterpick to any stage in the game you want ads long as the other person agrees to it.

:phone:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
The difference between Tennis and Smash is that theres only one court per tournament, and a whole list of stages for Smash, due to that they can put the Tiebreaker at the end and not need to deal with it unless they need to. Smash however, doesnt have the option to even the stakes game 1 while assuring an even game 3 or 5 , so the best way to make the game as even as possible for game 1 is to allow both players to strike down to the last stage (whether it be FLSS or just a Starter list) and have blind character pick.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
And Luco, there is something called the Gentlemans clause, where you can counterpick to any stage in the game you want ads long as the other person agrees to it.

:phone:
Yeah that's what I meant a few posts ago, forgot the name of it when I was explaining it. I think it would be awesome if that happened in the GFs of something large. <3

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Why exactly do we even have counterpicks and starters anymore? The "neutral" stage is 100% MU dependent.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Mewtwo can be countered by various OUs in 386 and at least should have been tried out. This isn't the thread for it though.

:059:

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
Why are people still responding to Maharba -_-
because amidst all the trolling i do when i actually feel inclined to post on a real topic with a serious attitude im never wrong.

and besides if im not around to fan flames to certain fires no conflicts will ever start in this thread and that is just plain boring.

sfp sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom