• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
When are we getting a new one?
I want more things to complain about.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
We should unban him and ban everyone else so diddy can finally be #1

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
GENIUS man why aren't we in the BBR.

we could run this town

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
This OFFICIAL thread is officially dead. Should be taken off the sticky LIST. I guess we should shed a TIER.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Cause we need to make essays on why Character A beats Character B and the difference of the battle while on Stage 107.
Well it's obvious, A 8 9.

Incorrect. Our methodology is much different. We interpret ancient Mayan symbols, initiate bird calls, and taste test many different fine wines and cheeses before coming to any significant conclusions about Brawl.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I don't think Kirby really has any notable results, other than Chu doing well with him in doubles at Apex. And Kirby's much better in doubles than in singles

Doc King

Smash Lord
Kirby is a very dead character.

Who do you think will get the biggest rise and who do you think will get the biggest fall?

I think Peach or Ike will get the biggest rise and DK, Kirby, or Luigi will get the biggest drop.

I actually think that ROB should be a little higher. ROB has some pretty good moves. He just has a freaking huge hurtbox that's like the same size as Dedede.
But Kirby is bad

:phone:
This is a good post.

For the tier list, I just mainly want the freaking big *** mid tier to shrink and there to be a bigger low tier. I'm basically talking about Luigi, Ness, and PT.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Kirby is a very dead character.

Who do you think will get the biggest rise and who do you think will get the biggest fall?

I think Peach or Ike will get the biggest rise and DK, Kirby, or Luigi will get the biggest drop.

I actually think that ROB should be a little higher. ROB has some pretty good moves. He just has a freaking huge hurtbox that's like the same size as Dedede.

This is a good post.

For the tier list, I just mainly want the freaking big *** mid tier to shrink and there to be a bigger low tier. I'm basically talking about Luigi, Ness, and PT.
Ness shouldn't be low tier.
Luigi and PT probably should be.
At least Luigi.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
At least Luigi.

I wouldn't mind this..LOL.

Also, I still wish you could use only one PK in tournament instead of all 3.

Speaking of which, if all 3 of them could be used separately, where do you think they would fit out in tiers?

I would personally put:
Squirtle: top mid or low high
Ivysaur, somewhere in bottom low
Charizard, possibly top of low.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I wouldn't mind this..LOL.

Also, I still wish you could use only one PK in tournament instead of all 3.

Speaking of which, if all 3 of them could be used separately, where do you think they would fit out in tiers?

I would personally put:
Squirtle: top mid or low high
Ivysaur, somewhere in bottom low
Charizard, possibly top of low.
No fatigue?

Squirtle around GW, Ivy around Samus, Zard around Ike.

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
I think the entire f tier should just be put into low tier. I mean every dam list 1 low tier character comes out of the low tier because -insert person doing well-. Sooner or later the only characters in low tier will be ****ing Zelda, Ganon, Jiggs, Link and Falcon like wtf.
At least Luigi.
Heard alot of mixed opinions here and there of where people think Ness should be over the past little while and I'm really curious to see what people actually think about this and why. What do you all think, is Ness where he belongs of should he be bumped up or down?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Imo, if we were throwing separate (and fatigue-less) Pokes into the tier list as it is right now, I would say they'd be around here:

:metaknight:
:diddy: :snake: :falco:
:marth: :wario: :popo: :olimar: :pikachu2:
:lucario: :dedede: :zerosuitsamus: :gw: :toonlink:
:fox: :wolf: :peach: :squirtle:
:dk2: :kirby2: :rob: :pit: :sonic:
:ike: :sheilda: :charizard: :luigi2: :sheik: :ness2: :yoshi2: :pt:
:lucas: :mario2: :bowser2: :samus2: :falcon:
:link2: :ivysaur: :jigglypuff: :zelda: :ganondorf:

However, with Charizard's placement, I really think that tier he's in should be almost completely reordered (and Im not going to go into that as it's not the point) so I just threw him into the spot he would be imo ranking wise if it WAS in the order I think it should be.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Just bump Fox, Wolf and Rosalina into high tier imo.
They probably should be. High tiers such as King Dedede and Game and Watch have hard counters just like them.
At least Luigi.
Luigi is like really horrible at getting in. He might actually be the worst one because if you get hit or by shield, you are sent so far away. He also has poor running and poor air speed. Along that his moves are pretty slow except for some of his startup lag like jab and up b. His recovery is pretty slow along with RCO Lag and being floaty.

PT is pretty crappy. I would mainly just call Reflex a low tier legend like Taj is in Melee.

Ness is probably mid because of his good power and good combos. He is hard to think about in the moment for me.
No fatigue?

Squirtle around GW, Ivy around Samus, Zard around Ike.

I think Squirtle around Fox because Squirtle would have a hard counter against Zero Suit Samus and -2's against King Dedede and Marth.

Doc King

Smash Lord
That's a pretty good point. Also, ZSS's grab is so freaking slow and punishable when missed. You can pull out a D3 f smash with it lol.

I'm actually realizing why ppl say Squirtle is like Wario because they both get countered by Marth and King Dedede. I wonder how Peach does vs. Squirtle?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Dunno why ZSS' grab was brought up, I'm assuming it's because of the infinite on Squirtle.
If that's the case, it isn't really that hard to grab him. Dsmash and neutralB set up for grab quite conveniently.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Dunno why ZSS' grab was brought up, I'm assuming it's because of the infinite on Squirtle.
If that's the case, it isn't really that hard to grab him. Dsmash and neutralB set up for grab quite conveniently.
Unless squirtle is fairing your face.

Tesh

Smash Hero
For a lightweight with a bad recovery, grab release issues and not much range, Squirtle gets alot of credit.

He is sooooo fragile.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Squirtle is like Wario because they are both heavily aerial based (and both with good aerial games to boot), they both get gayed by grab release, and they both have similar play styles.

Doc King

Smash Lord
That's not why people say Squirtle is like Wario.
Well, it's still true though. Z'zgashi has a better point about it.
For a lightweight with a bad recovery, grab release issues and not much range, Squirtle gets alot of credit.

He is sooooo fragile.
I think many people give him credit just because he's fast and flashy. It seems like every fast and flashy character gets way too credited even though they suck.
Squirtle is like Wario because they are both heavily aerial based (and both with good aerial games to boot), they both get gayed by grab release, and they both have similar play styles.
Pretty much.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Except Wario is one of the heaviest characters in the game, has one of the best recoveries in the game, is WAAAAAY harder to grab. Has an air grab, kills earlier, has 3 different item projectiles and doesn't die at 50 from a grab if platforms are around.

They have similar playstyle, but alot of low tiers can be looked at as ****tier versions of good characters.

All Squirtle really has on Wario is a very fast and tricky ground game (risky when considering trades though) and the fact that he doesn't get into any grab release infinites. The latter doesn't really matter because he dies so early to grab release stuff anyway.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
No one ever said they were identical, just similar, and the differences are the reason Wario is just straight up better, that doesnt change the fact that they have a lot of similar attributes.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Except Wario is one of the heaviest characters in the game, has one of the best recoveries in the game, is WAAAAAY harder to grab. Has an air grab, kills earlier, has 3 different item projectiles and doesn't die at 50 from a grab if platforms are around.

They have similar playstyle, but alot of low tiers can be looked at as ****tier versions of good characters.

All Squirtle really has on Wario is a very fast and tricky ground game (risky when considering trades though) and the fact that he doesn't get into any grab release infinites. The latter doesn't really matter because he dies so early to grab release stuff anyway.
ZSS gr infinites Squirtle.

Tesh

Smash Hero
oh well squirtle sucks even MORE.

I'm curious if ZSS can even shield grab Squirtle out of aerials though. Her grab is so hilarious small and high sometimes.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
oh well squirtle sucks even MORE.

I'm curious if ZSS can even shield grab Squirtle out of aerials though. Her grab is so hilarious small and high sometimes.
No chance. It mostly just makes Squirtle antsy... I'd rather kick him.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Couldn't like everybody that can air release at any part of the stage regrab Squirtle until he's off stage or for a walkoff? All I know is that ZSS can infinite Squirtle and that King Dedede can dash grab him across the stage when he dash grabs him.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I know Bowser and Yoshi can. (And Yoshi can even finish it with a fair offstage)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom