• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc King

Smash Lord
It seems like everyone can air release chaingrab Squirtle off of the stage except for Ganon because he's just too slow.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Ganon can probably do stuff on Squirtle like that. Ganon is just so bad, it's ridiculous. It's also hard for Ganon to land anything on Squirtle.

Tesh

Smash Hero
If DDD can dash grab Squirtle. Ganon can definitely wizkick, aerial side B and dash attack (maybe the weak hit). I think he can dash grab and Uair him too but iono.

BSP

Smash Legend
Good Lord, you know you've got a terrible air release when Ganondorf has guaranteed stuff on you :\

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
It's not just Squirtles ground game that beats Wario's, there are aspects of his aerials game that does as well.

Squirtles fair and bair are both incomparably better than Wario's respective moves; they do a lot for the character. Just imagine if Wario had those moves : (

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Grab release strong Dash Attack with Ganon definitely works on Squirtle and is easy to do because you have a huge window for not messing it up. And it KO's at around 90-100% fresh.

Ike, Wario and Marth can all grab release CG Squirtle IIRC. Marth can finish it with a spike or a walking tipper Fsmash and Ike with a walk-off Fair or a Dash Attack.

Myollnir

Smash Ace
ZSS's infinite release on Squirtle is mashable until mid/high % if you pummel.

Also, I'm not sure it's because my opponent's timing was bad, but I've switched 2 times in the middle of an infinite. Anyway, if Squirtle touches the ground (even for 1 frame) before ZSS regrab him, we can switch.

And Squirtle's recovery is good (I'm not talking about the UpB, just recovery in general) because of his mobility (+ SideB if you're high enough). Squirtle's ground game is WAY better than Wario's.Wario's Air game is better than Squirtle, but the gap between both char's air game is not as big as the one of their ground game. Squirtle has a better grab range than Wario, and can kill with DThrow (Wario can kill with FThrow, but I'm not even sure it's better than a DThrow when Squirtle is fully fatigued). Wario is better, but Squirtle does NOT suck.

I'd say he is C Tier, Zard is E Tier and Ivy is F Tier. That's just my opinion though.

Yikarur

Smash Master
ZSS infinite is not legit. First you can mash out at low%.
Second you can switch out but you can't buffer the switch.
You can cancel Squirtles landing lag through downB but this can't be buffered so you have a 2 frame window to hit downB to escape the infinite.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
You can obviously mash out but they mentioned gr infinites against Wario, which are also mashable...
Also, I would prefer if the opponent switched out during it. Turning into Ifreesaur is a terrible thing to do.

:phone:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Side B isn't that good. Once you reach your opponent, if you are still in it, they can just send you the other way. All he has is a double jump and good airspeed.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Whu?

I don't like this Squirtle Wario talk.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
You cant footstool Squirtle while he's doing his Side B (well, you can jump off him, but he wont fall)

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I was talking aerial. Grounded is hilarious though, pretty sure every move in the game is guaranteed :p

Doc King

Smash Lord
That is usually why good Ganon's tend to be good at reading people.
Yeah.
If DDD can dash grab Squirtle. Ganon can definitely wizkick, aerial side B and dash attack (maybe the weak hit). I think he can dash grab and Uair him too but iono.
I don't think Ganon can dash grab him. Also notice how Dedede gets a boost and has a good ranged dash grab. Dedede is slow but his grabs are actually pretty fast. I don't think Peach has anything on Squirtle.
Yoshi ***** squirtle :D
Everybody with an air release pretty much beats Squirtle.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Everybody with an air release pretty much beats Squirtle.
Not true, that would be like saying everyone with an Air Release on Wario beats him. Squirtle players know they are gayed by grabs so are good at avoiding getting grabbed, just like Wario players.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Not true, that would be like saying everyone with an Air Release on Wario beats him. Suirtle players know they are gayed by grabs so are good at avoiding getting grabbed, just like Wario players.
That actually is true. He will definitely beat Ganon and Zelda and probably other characters. King Dedede and Marth would be his worst. Probably Zero Suit too. I think Wario will be pretty bad for Squirtle also.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
That actually is true. He will definitely beat Ganon and Zelda and probably other characters. King Dedede and Marth would be his worst. Probably Zero Suit too. I think Wario will be pretty bad for Squirtle also.
ZSS doesn't beat Squirtle... or if she does, it's +1 ZSS.
Squirtle is just attached to two characters that ZSS has less than 0 trouble against.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Idk, like Yika said, Yoshi ***** Squirtle and might be his worst MU, and if not, it's up there. Yoshi is faster than Squirtle everywhere, has a projectile to force him to approach, Yoshi has good reach on his moves, and Yoshi has probably the best pivot grab in the game. Also, Yoshi is probably the best character in the game at getting grabs (if not definitely top 3) and one grab = death for Squirtle. Yoshi can CG squirtle, then gets either a free fair spike at the ledge, a usmash, or almost anything else. Couple that with the fact that Yoshi can CG him to the ledge and that Squirtle dies at like... 70%, makes that a terrible MU for Squirtle.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Idk, like Yika said, Yoshi ***** Squirtle and might be his worst MU, and if not, it's up there. Yoshi is faster than Squirtle everywhere, has a projectile to force him to approach, Yoshi has good reach on his moves, and Yoshi has probably the best pivot grab in the game. Also, Yoshi is probably the best character in the game at getting grabs (if not definitely top 3) and one grab = death for Squirtle. Yoshi can walking CG squirtle, then gets either a free fair spike at the ledge, a usmash, a fsmash, or almost anything else. Couple that with the fact that Yoshi can CG him to the ledge and that Squirtle dies at like... 70%, makes that a terrible MU for Squirtle.
That's actually a good point. Yoshi then is Squirtle's worst matchup being a -3 for Squirtle.

Marth being 2nd worst matchup (-2 for Squirtle). With an air release like him he can do a lot on Squirtle. He also has good range and can edge guard him well. He can also force him off of the stage pretty well.

King Dedede being 3rd worst matchup (-2 for Squirtle). He can send Squirtle off of the stage pretty well and can edge guard Squirtle pretty well. He also has a great killing advantage on Squirtle. He can also out range Squirtle.

Also, many characters can rco lag combo Squirtle, which gives a bonus like Dedede's dash attack.

Edit: Wario, Snake, and MK are probably somewhere in the -2 matchups for Squirtle, Making it Marth, Wario, D3, Snake, MK (In that order).

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
For the record, I never said anything about D3~

But D3 cant force an air release on Squirtle? Huh, that's news to me.

@Laem: Yoshi is def better than D3 at getting grabs; D3 can usually do more with a grab, but Yoshi gets them easier. MK is debatable, but imo Yoshi does it better than Oli.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Wait, D3 can't even force an air release lmao.
You guy's....
Ur so dumb, it's hilarious. Dedede can force air releases by dash grabbing.

Edit: Yoshi is probably better at grabbing characters who camp well like Diddy Kong. D3 sometimes can't get the grab that great with his poor speed.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Wait, D3 can't even force an air release lmao.
You guy's....
Yes he can. :/

@Laem: Yoshi is def better than D3 at getting grabs; D3 can usually do more with a grab, but Yoshi gets them easier. MK is debatable, but imo Yoshi does it better than Oli.
I think we can safely assume that Dedede should be able to grab someone twice the amount Yoshi is considering he can't even shieldgrab properly.

He doesn't really get grabs better than Oli either.

Thank you for calling me dumb, because I didn't know something.
Amusing.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Uhhhh... Who would attack D3's shield if they were trying to not get grabbed, that would be really ********...
Also, Yoshi actually has a shield grab that is decent. People seem to think that they can go hog wild on his shield cuz his shield drop is bad, but he has a decent shield grab that catch people off guard. Also, Yoshi has probably the best (and one of the few) air grabs, his pivot grab goes as far as a tether as has little to no lag, and he has one of the longest reaching dash grabs in the game. Add in the fact that Yoshi is overall one of the most mobile characters in the game AND the fact that his Air Grab reaches far, comes out fast (it actually comes out exactly as fast as his standing/shield grab), and can be wavebounced with the best Air Speed in the game... Yeah, I'd say Yoshi gets a lot of grabs and gets them pretty well.

Tesh

Smash Hero
You mean footstool him, right?
I mean how if you just hit him while he is in his shell, he goes flying the other way and can't cancel immediately. Side B won't get past anyone unless you are already so high in the air you could have drifted back and tried airdodging/counterattacking.

:phone:
I'm talking about how hitting him when he is in his shell will send him flying back off stage and he will die anyway.

Idk, like Yika said, Yoshi ***** Squirtle and might be his worst MU, and if not, it's up there. Yoshi is faster than Squirtle everywhere, has a projectile to force him to approach, Yoshi has good reach on his moves, and Yoshi has probably the best pivot grab in the game. Also, Yoshi is probably the best character in the game at getting grabs (if not definitely top 3) and one grab = death for Squirtle. Yoshi can CG squirtle, then gets either a free fair spike at the ledge, a usmash, or almost anything else. Couple that with the fact that Yoshi can CG him to the ledge and that Squirtle dies at like... 70%, makes that a terrible MU for Squirtle.
Maybe I'm a little biased because Marth destroys all 3 pokemon, but this doesn't seem as bad as what Marth can do. Keep in mind Squirtle is super light, so Marth's grab release to Fsmash tipper kills earlier than 70%. He also has a stronger spike he can use. He ALSO has a CG and any aerial he wants out of a GR. And unlike Yoshi, he also overpowers Squirtle in the air and on the ground with his range.

If we are talking about fatigue free Squirtle. Its hard to say how good he might be if he could sit back and water gun camp (better than it sounds) some of his worse matchups.
I don't think he would be better than Sonic or Pit regardless. Maybe about as good as Luigi.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Man tesh is pretty smart. Are you a professional brawler Tesh?

Is it me or is Z'zgashi sounding like me when I was overrating King Dedede but for Yoshi.

Jimmyfosho

Smash Hero
Being sarcastic and pointing out the obvious.
What is the point of saying "if this character didn't have -insert weakness here- they would be better than where they are at now etc." It's obvious that a character that lost a weakness would become a better character than before. Too bad the weakness exists and there is no chance of it getting removed, just get used to it and stop making assumptions of things that won't/can't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom