• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
When I look at the diddy match-up I look at how Zac can take sets off of Gnes and how he feels it's about a -1, so I usually base my opinion on that. Why? Because that is clearly GaW being played at the best of his ability in the particular match-up. Also, from experience I do not find the match-up hard, but then again I don't play amazing diddys offline.
I wouldn't use the only example of a good Diddy losing to GW in like a year as indicator for the match-up. Think of all the times where GW proved just flat-out unable to keep up with Diddy ...

:059:

Orion*

Smash Researcher
It can be used as a relation/representational system just as numbers or words can.

I think the whole "win x games / 10" is kind of garbage because we never see that kind of thing.
This
Finally somebody who agrees with me on the Diddy vs GW matchup! I knew I couldn't be the only one who thinks that Diddy absolutely wrecks him.

Cool Story Bro :troll:
Well, if you count planking, yeah it's a lot closer.
This
Matchups do change at lower levels of play, Gheb.
LMAO
I mean, I feel like ZSS, G&W and Lucario
This
Removing the large amount of useless, massively biased and misinformed votes could make a good list.
I really wish mods could just ban people for being disrespectful still sometimes.. :awesome:
Would be mad funny
brownie, your definition of biased and uninformed could just include anyone who disagrees with you. not to mention that your idea of biased and misinformed could be JUST as biased and misinformed.
Thank you

KID say you wrong son.
I ****ing died laughing, Imagined NAKAT saying that to KID

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
People were *****ing about controversy over Fox's rise, but that's pretty much stopped!
Only because I've gotten tired of arguing, particularly with must be like, 50% of Fox's results never being posted here. >_>

He shouldn't be that high, and that won't change in my mind.

D

Deleted member

Maybe it's a bit high. I don't know. Really, the controversy was mainly over the fact that his rise in this list was completely unwarranted. The reasoning the BBR gave was enough to spark some heated arguments.

It's been argued to death, though.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
in unrelated news, how did you do in your last tourney Orion?

:phone:
Ummm 2nd in everything.
Normal losses to Mr.R lmao. I tried diddy in WFs, and then did like falco/wario/diddy in GFs.

Diddy actually felt pretty good, Two of the games where last stock mid percent I recall. One game I did something dumb and got gimped. But it's more comfortable than MK for me by far.
After my exams are done (TOMORROW OH GOD LOL) and I actually allow myself to practice this game for the first time in a while I think I will probably use him for that matchup.

Address post to Orion

UNRELATED
I should have just listened to you and picked up diddy again in the first place LMAO
Only because I've gotten tired of arguing, particularly with must be like, 50% of Fox's results never being posted here. >_>

He shouldn't be that high, and that won't change in my mind.
You got ***** by like everyone in that argument bro... LMAO im sorry

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah man. Diddy too good, learning him is probably your overall best choice outside of MK. Versatility up the butt

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
If you play ZSS and want to switch to a better character, who is a comfortable transition? ZSS is so weird that I find any of the top-level characters to feel a bit like starting over. :\ Pikachu is an exception, but he's kind of a lot of work LOL

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Maybe it's a bit high. I don't know. Really, the controversy was mainly over the fact that his rise in this list was completely unwarranted. The reasoning the BBR gave was enough to spark some heated arguments.
Oi, there is no way anybody can justify the meaning for the rise.

"We're lowering PT because it's just Reflex being amazing. We're lowing Pit because it was undeserved hype, which we covered up as "potential" last tier list. And now we're raising Fox because TKD is amazing, and we think Fox has "potential". No, this is not the same "potential" at Pit, why do you ask?"

Orion*

Smash Researcher
You haven't tried D3 yet vs Marth?
I did, I even went through the bother of getting the chain grab down LOL. The problem with both D3 and ICs in the MU for me is that my playstyle is generally... well more extreme. Either I am camping like a ******, or I am rushdown- I have problems really playing the middle ground, especially vs a character that can combat my spacing.

If MK hard camps marth, they will just wait and **** you. If MK hard rushes marth he will just get grabbed. I still think MK wins that MU solidly it's just past a certain extent at high level I don't feel myself growing at the MU anymore. I could just copy how someone else does it I guess... but its just not in my general playstyle/mindset.

My diddy already has most of the tech skill, and knows what to do in most situations from playing ADHD it just needs to get in the experience // fluidity. For me, putting that kind of work in so that I can enjoy the game seems much more enjoyable than frustrating myself w/ MK atm...

I will still continue to practice and learn the MU, and one day maybe it will click but atm I'm not getting better at it so it's time to try something different lol.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Wolf is a heavy Marth with Bair instead of Fair and a projectile. Try out Wolf vs Marth. I'm sure Semifer does adequate against Mr.R and Leon.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Picking up Wolf to "counter" Marth is literally the dumbest thing I've seen you say in a LONG time, Joe :|

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Isnt Diddy a terribad MU for marth anyways? Assuming MK doesnt work he'd seem like a very obvious second choice if not first.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Im only repeating what Ive seen posted from the best American Marths.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
It's not terribly bad, some argue it even.

I think it's in Diddy's favor like +1.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Isnt Diddy a terribad MU for marth anyways? Assuming MK doesnt work he'd seem like a very obvious second choice if not first.
Terribad? No. But that MU opinion has gone from Marth winning to being even or slight advantage Diddy. The MU is kinda weird for both characters approaching wise, a lot of angles that get countered and covered by the other char.

Yeah most Marth's think that.

Different playstyles etc., although Gnes or ADHD would **** EU easily.
Nope. EU the best. I like puddin

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Wolf is awesome.

But I can't recover with him at all. ANGLE THE FIREWOLF.Always do it straight up, and then cry as I drop straight back down to my death.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Wolf is a heavy Marth with Bair instead of Fair and a projectile. Try out Wolf vs Marth. I'm sure Semifer does adequate against Mr.R and Leon.

My wolf is so free lmao, the only thing I will give it credit for is I'm really good abusing shine invince frames.
dont think he ever places higher then them, so id be inclined to disagree with that sentiment.
well.... yeah I'll just put it like.
there's a difference between adequate and "winning"

atm my MK is "adequate", or tbh Ghebs MK is "adequate". It depends on what your standards are...

I don't want to be adequate LMAO, I want to win.
don't ****ing try Wolf...
LMAO
Assuming MK doesnt work he'd seem like a very obvious second choice if not first.
He is :p
moreso than my other characters at least, lmao.
try wolf please, that sounds like a marvelous idea!
XD

This is what I think as well
I have enough diddy experience and u know that lol
Then y u get hit by fair so much? :roll:
:troll:

side note:

but yeah, I do think wolf does okay vs marth but he's not someone that I would imagine "picking up" Especially from scratch for the MU.

I already played diddy for some specific MU's like GaW in 2008, and just played against // fooled around with the character so much that he's very familiar for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom