• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Oddly enough, quite a few characters have their attacks enlarge or stretch parts of the body (Luigi's f-air, Wario's d-tilt, Yoshi's b-air, basically any of Kirby's moves). Was that kind of thing in Melee, too?

:069:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Oddly enough, quite a few characters have their attacks enlarge or stretch parts of the body (Luigi's f-air, Wario's d-tilt, Yoshi's b-air, basically any of Kirby's moves). Was that kind of thing in Melee, too?

it was with mario and jiggs. I don't think anyone else's body grew

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771

Luigi's Brawl jab...UGH.

It was in Melee, though it wasn't nearly as prominent; only a few moves were noticeably affected, and it was mainly Yoshi by himself.

4Biddin

Smash Journeyman
No you can survive the Usmash.

Also at SIEGE I three stocked some Pika....he didn't get to grab me lol

And funny thing I ran into two pika mains and didn't lose either of them.

Yes I played Fox.
Good freaking shizz, Fox has great runaway game Im always a little hesitant to go into this match up with fox tho. Without the grab fox beats pika though.

EDIT:

Haha

I didnt really mean OOS options, tho thats my bad for not clarifying. I meant on whiff or to punish someone spacing, which i guess you could say is on whiff.(MK definately has better OOS options).
MK's ftilt is really good, agreed, but cannot be used out of a dash, and after the first hit is very not safe on block. Its a real nice poke.

Dancing blade shield pokes low shields, and you can use the first hit and then walk grab, or other similar mixups. MK's is more, long range, annoying poke that is quite solid, but not really as versitile (not that it really matters, MK has tons of options he doesnt need one move that does all of that, but for marth, its nice).

I would say his grab game is OMFG good lolz, especially against the characters who are most common in tournaments. Marth doesnt have to fish for grabs to get that low percent grab, he can walk up and react accordingly. If he doesnt get the grab, he doesnt, but he can make something happen against someone avoiding grabs, because that means they arent shielding, or are just hitting shield. TBH, i dunno how marth does against aircamping, but ive never seen a marth have trouble with it.

I dont read stuff about marth lolz. Ive watched marths play, videos and irl, i dabble in lots of characters, and ive played mike haze in tourny recently (last hit >.>). I obviously am not an expert of marth XD
A walking mk is more scary than a dashing MK. I MK player that walks and accesses the situation before approaching is one that is able to completely shut down some people

Browny

Smash Hater

just about every character which isnt based on a real life human (ie; everyone except ike, falcon, marth, snake, samus and zss) has these stretched body parts on some attacks.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
that stupid pika chaingrab ruins fox.. I'd know. I attempted beating a pika and got s-m-o-k-e-d by that chaingrab.. I never even knew it existed, I usually main G&W.. I wish people won as him once in a while.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I like how people are apparently making a big deal about marths grab game, when that shiz is average at best.
the actual throws to terrible damage, I dont think any one of his throws does more than 4%

90% of the time follow ups out of said throws require the opponent to airdodge into the ground, or otherwise get read by the marth.

and as far as low percent grab combos go, pretty much every character in the game has that at this point, and marths grab follow ups are some of the most damage dependant in the game. and probably do the least damage. f throw f smash does 24%. MK has down throw to tornado, which does more damage and sets up for more followups. falco has the **** CG. olimar has the brood combo, aka downthrow to double up smash lol. which does 30+. and even pit and pikachu have f throw CGs which arent completely invalidated if you hit the opponent once.

than you have characters like g watch and snake, that can make simple tech chases off their down throws to build stupid damage.

I could go on but the point is, marth grab game is not great, its THERE, its an option, its a way to beat shield happy people, but its not above average in anyway.
I agree with everything except for...
> Brood combo.

I know that like 0 people knew anything more about him then he got ***** by MK and could get gimped, but Oli's were doing these combos way before Brood got to the US. I think it was Hilt that actually made the data for it.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I love how i say all of this stuff and no one agrees with me and then the debate is over and everyone comes in here and agrees with me.

CheeseBurger

Banned via Administration
lolz this game is bad and you guys need to socialize more and get laid

fukken basement dwellers, they be fapping to hentaiiii

loolz srsly

blue waffles tastes like chicken btw

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium

Or basically every attack yoshi does in brawl he stretches. :V I think D-air and f-tilt is the only exception.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
should we report chesseburger? he is obviously a troll in everyone of his posts his location could be considered inappropriate and his avatar looks like a effed up vag

Mikachiru

Smash Ace
Nope......
I'm trying to be optimistic here. :)

Yeah, CB's avatar just destroyed my innocence. Did not want to see. ;~;

Report him plz?

@SL: I'm pretty sure that's a pic of a blue waffle. I wouldn't know though. My friend told me what it was and advised me not to google it...

SuSa

Get back on topic people, Tier list 5 page 111.

Personally I want to be one of those who goes out there in an attempt to make Sheik rise... but I don't care to much about tier list placement, just means people underestimate my character.

EDIT:
PS: He's banned now.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Get back on topic people, Tier list 5 page 111.

Personally I want to be one of those who goes out there in an attempt to make Sheik rise... but I don't care to much about tier list placement, just means people underestimate my character.

EDIT:
PS: He's banned now.
Why does Sheik deserve to rise in the first place?

SuSa

Pulling a Dark.Pch, Sheik is up there near Pit/ROB, and Zeik is maybe 2 spots further up.

Yeah, a huge ****ing gap with no explanation, I don't feel like arguing a 3 page essay on it right now.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
sheik seem kinda like a bootleg olimar to me.

shes kind of a beast on stageand she combos hard, and she controls the ground really wel with her needles and dash attack and 2 fram jab, but she kind gets ****** offstage.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
sheik seem kinda like a bootleg olimar to me.

shes kind of a beast on stageand she combos hard, and she controls the ground really wel with her needles and dash attack and 2 fram jab, but she kind gets ****** offstage.
And in killing. Unless you want to use Zelda...but then not only are you now not using Sheik, but you're using a worse character.

Sheik is good a pretty much anything that doesn't involve her killing something or following something offstage. Sheik literally can't kill unless it's UpSmash because it was decided that her air game **** was too ****, so now its barely molestation.

I honestly could see Sheik rising to maybe where Luigi is now, but not farther past that.

SuSa

Sheik can kill and gimp, people just need to start paying more attention to their stale moves. The few whom do make their attempts to kill rushed and forced, and they become predictable.

I'm not going to say she's a powerhouse killer like Snake though, that'd be absurd.

Yea, she has issues recovering, but it's still better than quite a few other characters. Most characters can't hit her at the 'death-angle' (down and away) except MK's dair and a few other moves, or just bad DI.

Otherwise I'd put her higher.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Or basically every attack yoshi does in brawl he stretches. :V I think D-air and f-tilt is the only exception.
Now that I think about it, you're right (although he does stretch our during those two moves, too).

Yoshi is so spongy... whatever that means. :bluejump:

Sheik could probably rise, but I think she needs better results. She does seem to be a tad lower than what she should be at, though.

SuSa

It is simple, but most sheiks don't take the time to truly learn how to use it or even get the timing down
I spent 3 weeks trying to make it happen once and couldn't get it. Everything else about her character I have down.

I gave it it's time, and because it has a chance of crashing the game - which causes a loss for the user - it's not even worth risking in tournament for a kill.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I spent 3 weeks trying to make it happen once and couldn't get it. Everything else about her character I have down.

I gave it it's time, and because it has a chance of crashing the game - which causes a loss for the user - it's not even worth risking in tournament for a kill.
I admit it is difficult since you don't remember the timing for the chain you did before you hit someone and that you can't try a chain jacket right after you just attempted a chain jacket but if someone could show its true potential then it'd be broken. guaranteed spot jump of at least 3.

and the game will never crash if you don't chain jacket when you have already hit the enemy aleast 3 times per life I believe

Tristan_win

Not dead.
The day someone makes an list of sheik moves that don't clank vs the cast attack is the day Sheiks will use chain jacking regularly or wont depending on the results.

Luxor

Smash Champion
Doing a frame advance chain jacket project would be kind of fun, actually. I *might* look into that later and come back with a bunch of numbers and boring stuff. Probably won't, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom