• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Steam, if you go into the Falco thread that is currently going on that pertains to their MU with Bowser, you will see 60-40/65-35 being thrown around in there. Neither party thinks that it's unwinnable for Bowser.

Just really really ****ing hard. DDD vs Bowser might as well be unwinnable tho.

Steam

Smash Hero
Steam, if you go into the Falco thread that is currently going on that pertains to their MU with Bowser, you will see 60-40/65-35 being thrown around in there. Neither party thinks that it's unwinnable for Bowser.

Just really really ****ing hard. DDD vs Bowser might as well be unwinnable tho.
my bad, ICs was the other unwinnable one : P

I'm pretty surprised though. I'd figure it would be laser + phantasm + jab = GGs bowser

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
imo Falcon is as bad as Ganon.

Also, just throwing my two cents in as to my opinion of the tier list. Take it as you will, this is mostly from personal experience and matches I've watched.

S: :metaknight: (+0) :diddy: (+1) :snake: (-1) :falco: (+0)
A: :popo: (+2) :olimar: (+2) :pikachu2: (+2)
B: :marth: (-2) :dedede: (+1) :gw: (+1) :lucario: (+1) :wario: (-7) :zerosuitsamus: (+0)
C: :toonlink: (+0) :fox: (+1) :wolf: (+6) :peach: (+2) :sonic: (+6) :dk2: (+1) :pit: (-2)
D: :ike: :kirby2: :luigi2: :rob: :pt: :sheilda: :sheik: :yoshi2:
E: :ness2: :lucas: :mario2: :bowser2:
F: :jigglypuff: :samus2: :link2: :zelda:
Manly: :falcon: :ganondorf:

I've probably got a few mistakes in there, but w/e. Feel free to call me out on stuff and I'll explain my reasoning.

Steam

Smash Hero
Falco is not better than snake.

Wario dropped too far

D3 is not better than wario and marth, and isn't A tier

Peach is way too high

toon link is way too low

ike is too high

Ganon needs his own tier

bout it

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
As to Snake/Falco, yeah, that's a legitimate mistake there. Meant to have Snake in S as well.

As to Dedede... who does Dedede have trouble with below him? A little bit against Game and Watch, some issue with Pit, and he loses to ZSS. Of those 3, the only real problem is ZSS, GaW and Pit being completely managable, and there not really being any particularly amazing Pit mains. Marth... I just see Marth as overrated. Yeah, sure, he's good, but you can only go so far with theory. I could see him being above Dedede, but not above Pikachu.

Wario is retardedly overrated. I might go into this another time, but atm I don't feel like going into it. I will though, probably tomorrow.

Yeah, looking at it Peach should be below Wolf.

Thinking again, yeah, I should probably have Toon Link up at the top.

Ike is not too high.

Ganon does need his own tier. But Falcon is a step below everyone in F tier.

Steam

Smash Hero
D3 has no trouble with those below him really. but loses to those above him much harder than some people you have below him.

also marth should be top of Btier. Wario should be right next to marth. both are one and the same; great characters in theory with **** results for how good they should be.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
I've been saying for years now that Falcon and Ganon deserve to be in the same tier. Most of the same things that work against Ganon will work on Falcon as well, people just don't see it as readily as they see Ganon because of Ganon is slow and Falcon is not. Yeah Falcon's jab doesn't give the opponent three days to punish like Ganon's jab, but it can be baited and punished just as severely if you have a character with a quick kill move, which is most characters who don't suck. Falcon gets abused off-stage almost just as hard as Ganon, simply exchanging mobility for aerials that are actually useful in fending off edge-guarders. Ganon can set up his kill moves far easier than Falcon can, and at earlier percentages as well. Obviously Falcon's far superior mobility surpasses all of these advantages, but I'm saying that once you realize just how little in terms of actual options that Falcon has, you can abuse him just like you can abuse Ganon. Just don't go about whiffing moves around him lol.

+Manly tier TOO GOOD!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I think Bowser, Falcon, Jiggs and Ganon all should be in the same tier right at the bottom. Link, Zelda and Samus are all a tier better than them.

:059:

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
I think Bowser, Falcon, Jiggs and Ganon all should be in the same tier right at the bottom. Link, Zelda and Samus are all a tier better than them.

Falcon is most definitely better than Link. Jiggs also has more potential. Bowser is DEFINITELY not lower than link.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
bowser is WAY~ better than zelda, and I co-main zelda if that holds any weight. I think where bowser is now is pretty good maybe a step higher over mario and lucas?

I think jiggs is better than samus and falcon and link easily.

falcon teir
gannon tier

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
bowser is WAY~ better than zelda, and I co-main zelda if that holds any weight. I think where bowser is now is pretty good maybe a step higher over mario and lucas?

I think jiggs is better than samus and falcon and link easily.

falcon teir
gannon tier
JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMES

You don't post inn the BRoom anymore :(

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Jiggs, Bowser and Falcon are nowhere near as good as Link. Link is also better than Samus.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I'm not sure about that, Link and Samus rival each other pretty well in terms of tools, from a MU perspective, perhaps link outshines, but I essentially see them as very similar, except one has slightly more killpower (and maybe more projectile camping), but the other has a much better recovery and aerial game. Link miiiight be better against higher tiers, but Samus is much better in LT tournaments imo. I'm not sure though since almost every MU Link could do decent in gets offset by that bad recovery.

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
Let me try! :awesome:

The tiers show how good a character is, not it's use crackbaby.

I know plenty Metaknight players who out-rank any character players.

Bowser's bad, his rep is bad, and it can't hurt if it can't hit! Also, in proven fact, he's easily juggled.

Did I mention that his neutral special can be SDI'd and punished?
If someone such as Marth tries to recover, Bower can flamethrower at the edge then, when Marth SDI's to ya, punish your stupidity.

Worked against my homies who still go to tournies and actually win/get money from tournies a lot!
;)
Get better at this game, didn't expect me to say that! ;)

The way you responded was totally unneeded.

You to seagull

tarextherex

Smash Apprentice
Low tier IMO:

E: :lucas: :ness2: :mario2: :bowser2: :link2: :samus2:

F: :falcon: :zelda: :jigglypuff:

G: :ganondorf:

Yes, I think Ness should go back to low tier. He didn't do anything special since MLG, Lucas has been outplacing him lately, and he's a pretty bad and linear character, even though his air game is good, that's pretty much it.

Bowser isn't that bad, I think he's fine where he is

Link and Samus are somewhat even there, I think Link is better, but Samus had better rep lately(don't think it will last since NOID quit apparently), but Link could prove himself to be definitely better eventually, he just has a pretty hard leaning curve compared to other low tiers, that's pretty much why people don't really use him, even for LT. And yeah, I think both belong in E instead of F , since compared to the characters below, they definitely have more chances of winning LT tourneys/doing better in regular singles

As for F, well Falcon is bad but still definitely better than jiggs and ganon(I sometime feel like zelda is maybe better, but I guess presently, it's falcon). Jiggs is definitely second worse, I do think she's that bad. Ganon is by far the worst character and deserves his own tier, only other character that could be considered of being in this tier is jiggs, not falcon, because she's just very bad and has like the worst overall results.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm not sure about that, Link and Samus rival each other pretty well in terms of tools, from a MU perspective, perhaps link outshines, but I essentially see them as very similar, except one has slightly more killpower (and maybe more projectile camping), but the other has a much better recovery and aerial game. Link miiiight be better against higher tiers, but Samus is much better in LT tournaments imo. I'm not sure though since almost every MU Link could do decent in gets offset by that bad recovery.
I don't really see how Samus' aerials are supposed to be better than Link's though.

Seems like Ramin made an impression. But no, Link is not better.
He has nothing to do with it tbh.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
imo Falcon is as bad as Ganon.

Also, just throwing my two cents in as to my opinion of the tier list. Take it as you will, this is mostly from personal experience and matches I've watched.

S: :metaknight: (+0) :diddy: (+1) :snake: (-1) :falco: (+0)
A: :popo: (+2) :olimar: (+2) :pikachu2: (+2)
B: :marth: (-2) :dedede: (+1) :gw: (+1) :lucario: (+1) :wario: (-7) :zerosuitsamus: (+0)
C: :toonlink: (+0) :fox: (+1) :wolf: (+6) :peach: (+2) :sonic: (+6) :dk2: (+1) :pit: (-2)
D: :ike: :kirby2: :luigi2: :rob: :pt: :sheilda: :sheik: :yoshi2:
E: :ness2: :lucas: :mario2: :bowser2:
F: :jigglypuff: :samus2: :link2: :zelda:
Manly: :falcon: :ganondorf:

I've probably got a few mistakes in there, but w/e. Feel free to call me out on stuff and I'll explain my reasoning.
IC's being 4th is nothing short of speculation. They don't have the results to be top 5, with top 8 being questioned as well.

Wario is better than G&W and ZSS.

Olimar isn't the 6th best character in the game.

Wolf and Peach a bit high.

As to Snake/Falco, yeah, that's a legitimate mistake there. Meant to have Snake in S as well.

As to Dedede... who does Dedede have trouble with below him? A little bit against Game and Watch, some issue with Pit, and he loses to ZSS. Of those 3, the only real problem is ZSS, GaW and Pit being completely managable, and there not really being any particularly amazing Pit mains. Marth... I just see Marth as overrated. Yeah, sure, he's good, but you can only go so far with theory. I could see him being above Dedede, but not above Pikachu.

Wario is retardedly overrated. I might go into this another time, but atm I don't feel like going into it. I will though, probably tomorrow.

Yeah, looking at it Peach should be below Wolf.

Thinking again, yeah, I should probably have Toon Link up at the top.

Ike is not too high.

Ganon does need his own tier. But Falcon is a step below everyone in F tier.
Wario's not overrated to the point where G^W is now considered better rofl. Result wise or practicality wise. The only real question is whether he belongs in A tier or the top of B tier.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
Link and Samus are somewhat even there, I think Link is better, but Samus had better rep lately(don't think it will last since NOID quit apparently), but Link could prove himself to be definitely better eventually, he just has a pretty hard leaning curve compared to other low tiers, that's pretty much why people don't really use him, even for LT. And yeah, I think both belong in E instead of F , since compared to the characters below, they definitely have more chances of winning LT tourneys/doing better in regular singles

As for F, well Falcon is bad but still definitely better than jiggs and ganon(I sometime feel like zelda is maybe better, but I guess presently, it's falcon). Jiggs is definitely second worse, I do think she's that bad. Ganon is by far the worst character and deserves his own tier, only other character that could be considered of being in this tier is jiggs, not falcon, because she's just very bad and has like the worst overall results.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=295425
Total Cash Won in Tournament:
:jigglypuff: $20.15
:falcon: $1.05
:ganondorf: $40.34
:link2: $0 (lolwut?)

I think Captain Falcon has a serious case of Peach syndrome, where people think "oh my God Falcon has some good attacks he's obviously better than X, X, and X, but when people actually use him in tournament he gets exposed for the fraud he is. Jigglypuff can actually string moves together, force people to miss, and use her great off-stage game to KO opponents, not to mention actually being able to string together into a kill move (Dair -> Rest). Why do people think that Falcon is anything better than the second worst character in the game? He has nothing to show that he's worth anything and his tournament results reflect that.

People just put Falcon somewhere in low tier and don't even justify it, lol what is this?

Flayl

Smash Hero
You can't use money won in tournament as a justification for low tiers. That comes down to popularity contests in not-as-competitive regions.

That being said, he still has the worst results even if you don't use money as the prime criteria =/

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
If you were referring to the "K Prime" incident, I could have went about it in a better way.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
To each his own, but looking back I'm definitely not proud of how it went down.

Flayl

Smash Hero
NoIdea is the new ReflexWonder, statistic-wise. If you only consider 2011, PT's results drop abysmally while NoIdea is the only Samus earning as much points as he is, to the point where if I were to account for popularity, Samus would be the highest ranking character in my project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom