• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
you forget the part where bowser gets camped so hard he can't do anything.

also egg lay > flying slam IMO
If you truly feel you can just camp and beat Bowser, you haven't played a good Bowser.

Real talk.

:phone:

Llumys

Smash Champion
Here's my tier list. I don't have enough knowledge of match-ups or lower tiered characters' capabilities, and I'm not backing up my opinions with anything, but a reply'd be nice anyway. I excluded Zelda/Sheik.

S: Meta Knight
A: Diddy Kong, Snake, Falco
B: Marth, Wario, Ice Climbers, Pikmin & Olimar, Pikachu
C: King Dedede, Lucario, Mr. Game & Watch, Zero Suit Samus
D: Fox, Wolf, Toon Link, Sonic, Pit, Peach
E: Donkey Kong, Kirby, R.O.B., Pokémon Trainer, Sheik
F: Bowser, Yoshi, Ike, Ness, Mario, Lucas
G: Jigglypuff, Samus, Link, Zelda, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf

Nike.

Smash Hero
Here's my tier list. I don't have enough knowledge of match-ups or lower tiered characters' capabilities, and I'm not backing up my opinions with anything, but a reply'd be nice anyway. I excluded Zelda/Sheik.

S: Meta Knight
A: Diddy Kong, Snake, Falco
B: Marth, Wario, Ice Climbers, Pikmin & Olimar, Pikachu
C: King Dedede, Lucario, Mr. Game & Watch, Zero Suit Samus
D: Fox, Wolf, Toon Link, Sonic, Pit, Peach
E: Donkey Kong, Kirby, R.O.B., Pokémon Trainer, Sheik
F: Bowser, Yoshi, Ike, Ness, Mario, Lucas
G: Jigglypuff, Samus, Link, Zelda, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf
I really like your S-C Tier, it looks almost exactly like mine.

I'm kinda uneducated in mid tier (I'm lost at where to put ROB for example), which is why I asked Illmatic earlier what his looks like x)

Yoshi and Ike def deserve Mid Tier (I'm unsure how I feel about Ness) but that's all I could think of.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
This is probably going to be the most controversial "opinion based" tier list thread, but I believe it depicts our current metagame to a tee.

The switches (+1, -2, or ±0, etc) were made from Tier List Version 5 to my "opinion based" Tier List Number 6 for convenience.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Illmatic's list seems to really reflect results strongly. I think it's one of the better lists presented so far, but marth should be higher, oli should be lower.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Working backwards here.

I'd actually see Yoshi above Shielda (Sheilda... I DON'T CARE ANYMORE) and Ness
Ike above Luigi for obvious reasons. R.O.B. A bit higher... atleast under DK maybe.
I still see Falco as 4th and maybe Olimar as 5th/6th.

z00ted

Everything you guys have brought up so far is what I had the hardest time deciding on :/

Sheilda, imo - messes up the flow of the tier list. I want to put them collectively right next to Sheik but it feels wrong.

Anyways, I know the list is really drastic, but I feel as though since the period of our last tier list opinions on certain characters as well as their metagames have evolved or devolved drastically.

Nike.

Smash Hero
This is probably going to be the most controversial "opinion based" tier list thread, but I believe it depicts our current metagame to a tee.

The switches (+1, -2, or ±0, etc) were made from Tier List Version 5 to my "opinion based" Tier List Number 6 for convenience.
How come you feel as though Toon Link deserves the bump to High Tier, while Zero Suit drops to Mid Tier and actually an extra spot?

I don't disagree, I'm just really curious, because I have trouble with where to put those 2.

z00ted

How come you feel as though Toon Link deserves the bump to High Tier, while Zero Suit drops to Mid Tier and actually an extra spot?

I don't disagree, I'm just really curious, because I have trouble with where to put those 2.
Toon Link as well as Fox deal a much higher threat to High Tiers when compared to ZSS.

I agree with this. I thought other factors were taken into consideration when making the official tier list though?
Although my least my seem very result dependent, I also took into consideration various other factors - (take a look at the Ice Climber's jump).

Tesh

Smash Hero
I had a hard time deciding between either him or sheik.
You realize that isn't how a "tier" works right? If you can't decide which one is better, that is an indication that both belong in the same tier because the gap between them is so small.
For example I would rank Ness and PT significantly better than Bowser/Mario/Falcon/Lucas, but I would say they are significantly worse than Sheldar/Yoshi/Ike.

You don't have to keep the tiers the same size. How do you think Ganondorf and MK got their own tiers?

z00ted

You realize that isn't how a "tier" works right? If you can't decide which one is better, that is an indication that both belong in the same tier because the gap between them is so small.
For example I would rank Ness and PT significantly better than Bowser/Mario/Falcon/Lucas, but I would say they are significantly worse than Sheldar/Yoshi/Ike.

You don't have to keep the tiers the same size. How do you think Ganondorf and MK got their own tiers?
I was aware of that but I wanted to follow the old structure (everyone else so far has).

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
ICs are not 4th best in the game, IMO.

And while I can see you heavily weighted results, I don't believe Marth should be below Wario.

Definitely not bad, and certainly controversial, but I do disagree with those points. xD

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
If you truly feel you can just camp and beat Bowser, you haven't played a good Bowser.

Real talk.

But... King Kong played our campiest Yoshi.
Though I guess you can factor in "KK didn't know the Yoshi Matchup"
Where did I say All he did against King Kong was camp?
I only indicated that he played you.
Context made it seem that way.

Do you name search "campiest yoshi"?

?
I name search very specific things which will remain a secret to avoid abuse. My ability to name search is so strong that I can even name search irl. Ask people. I've done it.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
PT will never be low tier.

And even if he was, I'd grab the bejesus out of him.

z00ted

ICs are not 4th best in the game, IMO.

And while I can see you heavily weighted results, I don't believe Marth should be below Wario.

Definitely not bad, and certainly controversial, but I do disagree with those points. xD
PT will never be low tier.

And even if he was, I'd grab the bejesus out of him.

Points taken, editing the list.

MJG

Smash Hero
Toon Link as well as Fox deal a much higher threat to High Tiers when compared to ZSS.

Although my least my seem very result dependent, I also took into consideration various other factors - (take a look at the Ice Climber's jump).
Oh I missed ICs on this list wtf. I don't think they are top 5 (yet) but yea...waitin for that list to come out. I might come up with a list myself but idgaf about no damn tiers.

o....sorry

afk

z00ted

why did ness get a +2 on your list? just curious
Due to Yoshi joining mid tier and Ness overall being better than both him and Sheik.

Oh I missed ICs on this list wtf. I don't think they are top 5 (yet) but yea...waitin for that list to come out. I might come up with a list myself but idgaf about no damn tier.
Fixed a few things:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I'm happy with that list, pretty sure wolf mains won't be though. So wait for it lol. If Sonic keeps up what he has been doing I can see him rising again, not an as big jump, but a slow rise. I wonder if sonic mains can keep it up.

z00ted

I raised Wolf ****ing 5 spots LOOOL, why would they NOT be happy? That's practically all they talk about.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Somehow I see ROB and pit being noticeably better than the people below them. Not exponentially of course, but both C IMO.

Mid tier should be the largest tier there is (and it is iirc)

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I raised Wolf ****ing 5 spots LOOOL, why would they NOT be happy? That's practically all they talk about.
Look at where Fox is at, then look back at wolf, sadly wolf is not above Fox, but look again there are flaming post of Wolf>Fox with the usual suspects, now the flames are going into the same circular debate that happens every 5 pages, now think again Wolves will never be happy until they are above Fox. I can't let you do that StarFox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom