• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
So Wolf does about ten times better vs MK than Peach does.
And about 10 better vs Snake than Peach does
And does neither worse vs Falco nor vs Diddy
And does better vs GW, TL, Lucario, Marth, lolSamus, Fox
And doesn't do worse vs ROB, Kirby, Pit, DK and ZSS

But Peach is the better character...

Yeah

No.

:059:

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
looooooooooooool

omg yesssssssssssss moremoremoremoremoremoremoremoremoremoremore

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
Just throwing in my two sense, I think marth still has the advantage vs pika, its just the comparison of pikas to marth is ridiculous so marths usually don't know the MU whereas most pika players would have probably at least fought on average 3 decent marths and 1 good one (who has no idea how to play the MU) where as the pika who has already dealt with the generic marth fair and other things know how to react and punish. They also most likely understand situations as well as what is/isn't safe.

But that's my personal opinion

:phone:

Chariot9999

Smash Rookie
Tiers? Pfft!

The tiers doesn't matter as much as how each character is used!

I know some Toon link players who out-rank Lucario players.

Also, Just because Bowser just attacks move in one direction, doesn't mean his attack cannot hit where it hurts! Also, in my opinion, he's got good directional intention.

Did I mention his neutral special serves as counter recoveries?
If someone such as Marth tries to recover, all you have to do is flamethrower at the edge, then, if he is in close proximity to ya, sidestep then up attack.

Worked against my mate who used to go to tournaments a lot!
;)
Hadn't expected that! ;)

NickRiddle

#negativeNick

Also, Just because Bowser just attacks move in one direction, doesn't mean his attack cannot hit where it hurts! Also, in my opinion, he's got good directional intention.

If someone such as Marth tries to recover, all you have to do is flamethrower at the edge, then, if he is in close proximity to ya, sidestep then up attack.

;)
Hadn't expected that! ;)
Going to tournaments =/= winning tournaments.
I suggest you don't throw around statements like this too often here.
People will get mad and say bad words to you.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The mighty Falchion Blade!

@Chariot: Pretty much what Riddle said. It's fairly difficult to make a claim with your major support being personal, questionable experience.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe

;)
Hadn't expected that! ;)
You're an idiot. When Bowser uses his B move against Marth, Marth travels along the flame into Bowser and can Up b him everytime...;)

;)

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
You're an idiot. When Bowser uses his B move against Marth, Marth travels along the flame into Bowser and can Up b him everytime...;)

;)
Let me try! :awesome:

;)
Hadn't expected that! ;)
The tiers show how good a character is, not it's use crackbaby.

I know plenty Metaknight players who out-rank any character players.

Bowser's bad, his rep is bad, and it can't hurt if it can't hit! Also, in proven fact, he's easily juggled.

Did I mention that his neutral special can be SDI'd and punished?
If someone such as Marth tries to recover, Bower can flamethrower at the edge then, when Marth SDI's to ya, punish your stupidity.

Worked against my homies who still go to tournies and actually win/get money from tournies a lot!
;)
Get better at this game, didn't expect me to say that! ;)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I used marth/snake. So yeah I still use him from time to time. Probably gonna start using him more on a consistent basis

:phone:
You've been saying this for like.... 2 years bro lol.

I would def say Peach does as well or better against Diddy than Wolf.
They may be similar with falco.
Peach v Marth match up isn't that bad.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Play nice, that includes the drama from before this morning when I was gone at work guys.

Peach also beats Climbers, Wario, fine against Pika, doesn't worry as much about DDD, etc.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
bowser is easily juggled but so is snake... bowser has a really solid move set IMO. ftilt? is amazing. jab? very good. and of course the claw, the best command grab out there. He has a strong OOS game with upB. Not to mention amazing grab release options on everyone in the game.

fire breath(?) you don't just hold it out you just whip it out I call it the tongue... you know like a lick of flame. You just use it breifly to cover landing and stop potential approaches and stuff you don't just spam in for any reason. Even if it was alway punishable that alone wouldn't make him bad. Snake is great despite the near uselessness of nikita for example.

bowser isn't great by any stretch he has huge issues, but none of them really warrant a place below C.Falc, or below most of the mid teir's IMO. His strengths by far over come his weaknesses when compared to characters like samus and falcon.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I would def say Peach does as well or better against Diddy than Wolf.
They may be similar with falco.
Peach v Marth match up isn't that bad.
Peach and Wolf are both -1 against Diddy.
And Wolf still does better vs Marth than Peach does. I agree it's nowhere near as bad as some Peach players seem to think though.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
the prob have about the same range but bowsers is faster and sets up for follow ups much much better I think egg lay is random.

flying slam has zero landing lag on whiff and ridiculous range.
grounded version is frame 5 I believe making it the fastest grab in the game too.

IDK he has a great opening dash but his shield isn't that great. falco would obviously eat him alive, sheik, maybe samus? TL? most characters don't have a strong enough camp game AND the mobility to really shut down bowsers approach though. Espeacially not really high up the list bar falco.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
:(
I don't get the lord of the rings reference.

Are you implying I don't attend tournaments?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Peach and Wolf are both -1 against Diddy.
And Wolf still does better vs Marth than Peach does. I agree it's nowhere near as bad as some Peach players seem to think though.

I guess the real question is if whether or not MK vs peach is as bad as DDD, pika and sheik vs wolf. If wolf is really getting hard countered that much, I can see why peach is considered a better character.

BSP

Smash Legend
Even if it's not exactly as bad, there's a lot more chance you're running into a MK than those other three, which hurts peach.

Steam

Smash Hero
the prob have about the same range but bowsers is faster and sets up for follow ups much much better I think egg lay is random.

flying slam has zero landing lag on whiff and ridiculous range.
grounded version is frame 5 I believe making it the fastest grab in the game too.

IDK he has a great opening dash but his shield isn't that great. falco would obviously eat him alive, sheik, maybe samus? TL? most characters don't have a strong enough camp game AND the mobility to really shut down bowsers approach though. Espeacially not really high up the list bar falco.
but with flying slam you have to put bowser's montrous hurtbox in that range. preeeetty sure egglay has better range. also yoshi has incredible air speed and can actually wavebounce his command grab :p

and Falco and D3 are unwinnable for bowser.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I guess the real question is if whether or not MK vs peach is as bad as DDD, pika and sheik vs wolf. If wolf is really getting hard countered that much, I can see why peach is considered a better character.
Sheik is -1. DDD is the same -3 that MK is for Peach. Pikachu is the same -2 / -3 that Snake is for Peach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom