• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Future Tier List

S: :metaknight: :popo: :dedede:
A: :diddy: :pikachu2: :zerosuitsamus: :marth: :ike:
B - F : Unimportant filler characters
G: :wario: :ness2: :lucas: :rob: :wolf: :mario2: :luigi2: :bowser2: :samus2: :ganondorf: :dk2: :dedede:

Due to the paradoxical nature of DeDede being able to infinite himself, he is both in S and G tier

But seriously, with infinites being allowed and all that jazz now according to the new Unified ruleset, what do people think might happen to various positions of characters? Are the infinites going to cripple some characters viability or will it not really make that much of a difference?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
the reasons i strongly disagree is because i think most of you dont know how to use them to their full potential therefore you rate them based on what you know. if you knew all of the possible things you can do with them i think you would agree with me
Awww that's cute. I should've guessed that would be your 3rd option. Well have you heard of MJG, Jash, KingToon? No? Ok, well they use TL to his fullest at this current metagame so no you are wrong there. Also Link sucks, have you tried recovering with him when some actually knows to grab the ledge or block the ledge from him? See Izaw for top link play. So you are wrong there as well.

I can already guess you are one of those "I beat my friends/computers all the time with these characters so I am right". You aren't a prodigy kid. As I said before go join Kirby A Tier1029 and spare yourself some humiliation, take notes, go to tournaments, get better, then come back and see if your claims are still the same and if they are come and prove us wrong. Until you start that path, shut up.

Sorry, I'm afraid the situation is that you don't know the other characters well enough.

:awesome:
This as well.

Once more, welcome to Smashboards.

Metal Toon Link

Smash Rookie
well you can't get the best results if you dont get to see them. Me & my siblings have played as each & every character multiple times fighting training & testing looking for & finding their strengths & weaknesses & then finding combos & tricks that help us use them to our advantages.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
inb4computerandorfriendsasevidence
I'm too good.
:awesome:
well you can't get the best results if you dont get to see them. Me & my siblings have played as each & every character multiple times for days fighting training & testing looking for & finding their strengths & weaknesses & then finding combos & tricks that help us use them to our advantages.
:awesome: No, buddy boy just no. :awesome: Have you and your prodigy siblings been to a tournament and placed in the money? No? Then refer to my previous post.

On a more interesting note:

How do you think the Tier List should look? :troll::troll::troll:

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Future Tier List

S: :metaknight: :popo: :dedede:
A: :diddy: :pikachu2: :zerosuitsamus: :marth: :ike:
B - F : Unimportant filler characters
G: :wario: :ness2: :lucas: :rob: :wolf: :mario2: :luigi2: :bowser2: :samus2: :ganondorf: :dk2: :dedede:

Due to the paradoxical nature of DeDede being able to infinite himself, he is both in S and G tier

But seriously, with infinites being allowed and all that jazz now according to the new Unified ruleset, what do people think might happen to various positions of characters? Are the infinites going to cripple some characters viability or will it not really make that much of a difference?
ness, lucas, dk, samus, mario, and maybe luigi will be hurt.
aka bad characters will get worse, so it doesn't really matter.

I still can't get over the fact that they decided to keep them legal though...

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I'm sorry to hear about your money problems, why in the world are you focusing on video if you are poor. Either way your view is misguided, very misguided.

I'm interesting in seeing how you think the tier list should look like :troll:

LOL @Spelt.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Give me a stats method to compare character A's potential against character B's potential, and potential will be usable.

Until then: potential is meaningless. There are no facts behind them. I could say "Ike has a lot of untapped potential in his ground game", and you wouldn't be able to prove me wrong. Nor would I be able to prove myself correct.

Tier List should only be able proven stuff, that you can point to as data. Anything else being added makes it worthless.

@ Rickery: Even for a joke tier list: how did Ike get that high? O_o

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
You're the king of bringing up old dead arguments, Niddo.
I'm not even going to bother. I always get a headache after arguing with you.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
why are you guys being such douches to a new guy that has an opinion? Just because he may not have all the info doesnt give you the right to act all high and mighty about the fact that you know more about a video game than somebody else... i mean... dang...

iblis and niddo, are you really that salty about being terrible at the game that youre going ot flaunt your knowledge over some random guy that just got here?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
You're right.
We should just tell him he's 100% correct and move on.
toon rink da bess

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
why are you guys being such douches to a new guy that has an opinion? Just because he may not have all the info doesnt give you the right to act all high and mighty about the fact that you know more about a video game than somebody else... i mean... dang...

iblis and niddo, are you really that salty about being terrible at the game that youre going ot flaunt your knowledge over some random guy that just got here?
No actually, I tried telling him what he should instead of humiliating himself. So I tried helping him and I'm still willing to do so if he wishes for my help.

I'm mad salty though dog, Sahara Salt Slabs.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
spelt, i forgot about you, youre worse than iblis AND niddo (seriously, being worse than niddo at this game is like, a huge problem)

i mean, its it really that hard to use some tact when you talk to people?

all you had to say was.

yo, I can see how you might think the links are really good characters, since they have the ability to do lots of damage from long range. however, link has a lot of holes in his projectile game, his up close game is too slow against most characters, and since he doesnt have a good get off me move, he gets pressured and put of stage a lot. and links terrible recovery leads him to die far early than his opponents in most cases.

tink is actually a good character tho. his jump and fall speed allow him to do a lot of setup for his projectile game out of harms reach. and he actually does have speed to his attack to defend him self and pressure the opponent. however. characters that are faster than him, and characters that out range him when they get past his weapons wall like marth do a lot of damage to them. not only that, but he has a really hard time dealing with meta knight who is very prevalent in tournaments.

After typing that out, I can see why you would just resort to troll mode, since its a lot easier and it lets you feel good about yourself because youre making fun of someone else.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
You're the king of bringing up old dead arguments, Niddo.
I'm not even going to bother. I always get a headache after arguing with you.
It's a conspiracy with the Aspirin company. I get 10% of profits of every bottle you buy.

If you don't want to bring up an old argument: don't respond when I bring up my view point related to one of them.

@KID: There is no point in holding some random guy's (most likely a little kid's) hand when they randomly come in thinking they know everything. Either they can take the truth, or they cannot.

You salty that I prefer to be blunt?

And I resent the use of the word "horrible": I demand "badly out of practice and not particularly good but not as bad as some random wifi dude spamming attacks" be used instead.

EDIT:
(seriously, being worse than niddo at this game is like, a huge problem)
Oh come on! You act as if I've never made it past the first round of a tournament before. For the record, I have. >_< Multiple times.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
spelt, i forgot about you, youre worse than iblis AND niddo (seriously, being worse than niddo at this game is like, a huge problem)
It's funny because you act like you're the god of results when all you've done is barely get out of pools in a national ... once. I love how you automatically resort to results in any argument you know you can't win without it. "Oh dang, I can't use general wit to back myself up on this, I guess i'll just throw out the fact that i've never heard of my opponent and that basically means they suck, lolol so good at this."

Hey guess what, I know I suck at this game. People think it bothers me when they bring up my lack of notable results, but I really don't care. if we ever see each other IRL (which is very unlikely because i'm an anti-social creep with no life) I would be glad to hand over $5 in a MM after you JV 4 stock me. It doesn't effect my intelligence, nor does it mean I can never be right in an argument.

yo, I can see how you might think the links are really good characters, since they have the ability to do lots of damage from long range. however, link has a lot of holes in his projectile game, his up close game is too slow against most characters, and since he doesnt have a good get off me move, he gets pressured and put of stage a lot. and links terrible recovery leads him to die far early than his opponents in most cases.

tink is actually a good character tho. his jump and fall speed allow him to do a lot of setup for his projectile game out of harms reach. and he actually does have speed to his attack to defend him self and pressure the opponent. however. characters that are faster than him, and characters that out range him when they get past his weapons wall like marth do a lot of damage to them. not only that, but he has a really hard time dealing with meta knight who is very prevalent in tournaments.
This could be taken very condescendingly as well, kind of like a slap in the face because you supposedly know more about the character than they do. And you told us not to flaunt our greater depth of knowledge on the subject. :( So confused...

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
@KID: There is no point in holding some random guy's (most likely a little kid's) hand when they randomly come in thinking they know everything. Either they can take the truth, or they cannot.
theres also no need to be a prick for no reason.
You salty that I prefer to be blunt?
a bit, yes.
And I resent the use of the word "horrible": I demand "badly out of practice and not particularly good but not as bad as some random wifi dude spamming attacks" be used instead.
thats too long, ill just shorten it to the beginning of that title and call you bad. fair compromise?
EDIT: Oh come on! You act as if I've never made it past the first round of a tournament before. For the record, I have. >_< Multiple times.
i was trying decide to whether to congratulate you, or cooll story bro you.
It's funny because you act like you're the god of results when all you've done is barely get out of pools in a national ... once. I love how you automatically resort to results in any argument you know you can't win without it. "Oh dang, I can't use general wit to back myself up on this, I guess i'll just throw out the fact that i've never heard of my opponent and that basically means they suck, lolol so good at this."
1. thats better than youll ever do.
2. im not trying to act like im a god of results when I only even BEEN to 2 nationals in the last 2 years. (mlg dont have pools) but when youre out here trying to sit on a high horse, acting like youre so much better than this dude, and you cant even say for sure that youre better at the game then him, how are you really catching an attitude? if hes really put in as much time as he said he has, I would probably put money on him against you in a match.
3. You think ive never heard of you, because you probably try to hide your terrible performances, but I actually know exactly who you are and what your general tournament record is. So no, the fact that you are an unknown random doesnt mean you suck. the fact that you consistently place last or second to last in a cruddy region is what makes you suck.
4. thats fact homie, i dont need to be witty about it, but I choose to put a lil of it in there anyway.

Hey guess what, I know I suck at this game. People think it bothers me when they bring up my lack of notable results, but I really don't care. if we ever see each other IRL (which is very unlikely because i'm an anti-social creep with no life) I would be glad to hand over $5 in a MM after you JV 4 stock me. It doesn't effect my intelligence, nor does it mean I can never be right in an argument.
your results are quite noticable, actually. you think someone who knows the game as well as you, would be halfway decent when you play it. but no such luck.

and its more unlikely because your on the opposite side of the country from me than anything else.

next, for an anti social creep, you sure do get big and bad behind your computer screen huh?

lastly, I never said you werent right, as a matter of fact I agreed with everything you said, I just didnt agree with the presentation. But maybe if you didnt have your head so far up your butt bawwing about how awful you are, you might have noticed that.

This could be taken very condescendingly as well, kind of like a slap in the face because you supposedly know more about the character than they do. And you told us not to flaunt our greater depth of knowledge on the subject. :( So confused...
at no point did i claim that I was right in my conclusion or that he was wrong, all i did was try to make a connection by trying to see the situation from his point of view, and contrast it with the general opinion of the boards and gave reasonings why. Its called tact. you might benefit from it if you stopped trying to call me out on semantics and took a second to think about why youre getting blown up right now. and regardless of all that, even IF you werent just grasping at straws trying to call me out by basically making things up and clearly overexaggerating, even IF that were the case, the way I presented it was far better than the way you phrased it and theres no denying that.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
1. thats better than youll ever do.
Okay?

2. im not trying to act like im a god of results when I only even BEEN to 2 nationals in the last 2 years. (mlg dont have pools) but when youre out here trying to sit on a high horse, acting like youre so much better than this dude, and you cant even say for sure that youre better at the game then him, how are you really catching an attitude? if hes really put in as much time as he said he has, I would probably put money on him against you in a match.
You just accused me of speculation and speculated yourself in the same paragraph.
Nice.

3. You think ive never heard of you, because you probably try to hide your terrible performances, but I actually know exactly who you are and what your general tournament record is. So no, the fact that you are an unknown random doesnt mean you suck. the fact that you consistently place last or second to last in a cruddy region is what makes you suck.
No, you don't... You're basing it off someone talking down on me because they have a grudge against me, and THEY didn't even present any specific data either, other than "he places like, last" i believe was how he phrased it.

If you did, you would know i only placed last at one tournament, which was my first.
The last tournament i entered i got 9th in out of 20-something entrants. Don't exactly know where it is but it was hosted by colorado cutthroat connection and it was hosted at some college up in colorado springs, you're welcome to look for it if you mind actually finding any data to support your assumptions.

4. thats fact homie, i dont need to be witty about it, but I choose to put a lil of it in there anyway.
You have a twisted definition of fact.

your results are quite noticable, actually. you think someone who knows the game as well as you, would be halfway decent when you play it. but no such luck.
I'll take this as a compliment.

and its more unlikely because your on the opposite side of the country from me than anything else.
Just a thought.

next, for an anti social creep, you sure do get big and bad behind your computer screen huh?
I fail to see how this is relevant.

lastly, I never said you werent right, as a matter of fact I agreed with everything you said, I just didnt agree with the presentation. But maybe if you didnt have your head so far up your butt bawwing about how awful you are, you might have noticed that.
Not really. I was just agreeing with you, so if anyone's bawwing here it's definitely not me. Would you rather me throw out empty threats about how i'd SUPER PWN you in a MM?

at no point did i claim that I was right in my conclusion or that he was wrong, all i did was try to make a connection by trying to see the situation from his point of view, and contrast it with the general opinion of the boards and gave reasonings why. Its called tact. you might benefit from it if you stopped trying to call me out on semantics and took a second to think about why youre getting blown up right now. and regardless of all that, even IF you werent just grasping at straws trying to call me out by basically making things up and clearly overexaggerating, even IF that were the case, the way I presented it was far better than the way you phrased it and theres no denying that.
I stopped reading at "getting blown up". A sparkler is more frightening.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Did you guys...really just write walls of text about that :urg:

Point is you shouldnt be condescending to new peeps if you havent done well in this game yourself. Sitting in this thread trolling and writing long posts doesnt make you a smash pro. Especially considering how some of you react when good players condescend others around the boards.

Steam

Smash Hero
Spelt not many people attended Splat(s). and if they did then it was a splat that took place a long time ago. and 9th isn't even remotely impressive unless like the entire Colorado scene is there.

and kid, you're doing it wrong. getting trolled really hard.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Tagxy: This conversation wasn't even about results in the first place, it was about TL tier position.

Not talking about splat, steam.
I didn't enter singles there, was low on money and thought my time would be better spent just playing friendlies.
I never said it was impressive either, but it's nowhere near "like, last" ;)

and as an aside, i'm pretty sure you got 7th at the same tournament.

Edit: and the tournament was also quite awhile ago too, but nobody ever stated it had to be recent.
and the entire colorado scene was there...
this post is really clunky.
/tired johns

Steam

Smash Hero
Lol I took 9th at that one too. Pretty much my low point lmao. but seeing some of the people who placed even higher and knowing who I played... I got bracket *****... We did do friendlies there too. I don't remember anything about them other than I won all of them...

but eh... I've improved a ****load since then anyways.

yay offtopic

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nah, i won one. against your wolf :troll:
also, i faced tim in the first round. :p

this conversation got off topic like a page ago.

Steam

Smash Hero
Nah, i won one. against your wolf :troll:
also, i faced tim in the first round. :p

this conversation got off topic like a page ago.
I played tim in second round and lost too :p

but I beat him twice at the last splat no one attended : D

/offtopc

ontopic: because the new unified ruleset sets a LGL and allows infinites... can DK be unviable now? : D

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
He might be an ******* but at least he's keeping it real. His last posts were really enjoyable to read, not gonna lie.

:059:

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I think Dil, a NYC ROB that doesn't really go to tournaments is probably the best ROB atm. lol but he won't go to tournaments because he doesn't think he can place in the money yet. This was in reply to some post I forgot to quote. Oh well

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Do you know how gay it is to figure out that M2K nows lives in your area, now my locals are always going to be retardedly hard >.<

Excuse the salt.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
theres also no need to be a prick for no reason.

a bit, yes.

thats too long, ill just shorten it to the beginning of that title and call you bad. fair compromise?

i was trying decide to whether to congratulate you, or cooll story bro you.
-I'm not being a prick, I'm being blunt. If I was being a prick, I would telling him to get off of the boards.

-As long as we understand each other: I'm blunt because that's the only way to get your point across on the internet, you're salty about that. Got it.

-That's acceptable.

-A sarcastic "Congrats on the cool story bro" would do fine. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom