• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Peach has bad mobility? That's funny. She has the 3rd best in the game.

Then again, I guess everyone pales in aerial mobility when you compare them to Wario.

Define Mobility. Peach doesn't have bad mobility, but Yoshi, Jiggs, Wario, Wolf and Falcon all move faster than her in the air for sure, and she is slow on the ground.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Peach doesn't have the standout superlative qualities to **** people that don't know the matchup and win tournaments. There is no "lol wtf im facing a peach in winners finals" like you might get with Fox, Sonic, DK etc.

And imo bananas taste better than turnips.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
so your implying she will stay in the same position AGAIN!?

this has happened the past two times.
Tbh, she's not that good; it's the players that make Peach viable. Her combos and playstyle takes lots of work, precision, and care to be effective. Her ground speed is too slow even w/ glide-tossing, and her moves don't have tons of range and she her attacks make her stationary and committed.

I love playing as Peach, but unless a player can get her speedy, adaptable, with consistent pressure then she's not going to do well. Illmatic, BO X7, Jlo, LLOD, Yami, and Excel_Zero have the fastest Peaches, so if one can get her to their combined speed w/ good reads & smarts then maybe she can start placing.
No because she sucks and her results suck and you can DI her Dair and PS her Fair and her recovery/airdodge suck and she can't kill and she has the mobility of a sack of rocks and gouge out eyes time
:urg:
-_-

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Uuhhh, lol.
technical difficulty doesn't have anything to do with how good a character is.
If it did ICs would be mid tier since not even the top ice climbers fail CGs all the time.

all that matters is that it's possible and people have shown it (multiple times).

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Tbh, she's not that good; it's the players that make Peach viable. Her combos and playstyle takes lots of work, precision, and care to be effective. Her ground speed is too slow even w/ glide-tossing, and her moves don't have tons of range and she her attacks make her stationary and committed.

I love playing as Peach, but unless a player can get her speedy, adaptable, with consistent pressure then she's not going to do well. Illmatic, BO X7, Jlo, LLOD, Yami, and Excel_Zero have the fastest Peaches, so if one can get her to their combined speed w/ good reads & smarts then maybe she can start placing.

-_-
Your post bothers me a bit. Despite the fact you love playing as Peach, you do not seem to know much about her.

Her ground speed is not TOO slow, especially not since she has a lot of tools to make up for that.
The last problem Peach has is range. Her Fair has a amazing range, her Dash attack is retardedly disjointed, Jab has great range, Dtilt has nice range, Bair has nice range, Dair has amazing range, Ftilt has good range... etc. Not to mention her hitboxes cover all of her body, making her moves very reliable (which people mistake to be good 'priority', although she does have that as well). Her attacks dont make her stationary/committed at all, whaaaat.
Her attacks are fast, have little lag and coupled with her range/float mobility this is no problem at all.
Her combo's and pressure game take time and work, but it is known she has a steep learning curve, and this should not harm her viability.

Besides, in the first paragraph you say that "Peach is not that good and it are the players that make her viable", but in the second paragraph you quite contradict yourself by stating that "when the players can get her to combine speed w/ good reads & smarts, she can start placing". Suddenly the players are incapable (for now).

:053:

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Then it's killing that is the problem and not range. I'm not going to give opportunities away because I think "oh no, my Fair will be stale nooooow!!". Instead I'll just stay patient, keep pressuring my opponent and avoid any damage, all of which Peach is very good at. Eventually they will die anyway, and I will most likely kill them with a move that is not Forward air.

Life

Smash Hero
pikmin.org: use search for that, I know it's floating around here somewhere.

I do recall that Marth and Sonic are much lower and Pit is much higher.

Steam

Smash Hero
Then it's killing that is the problem and not range. I'm not going to give opportunities away because I think "oh no, my Fair will be stale nooooow!!". Instead I'll just stay patient, keep pressuring my opponent and avoid any damage, all of which Peach is very good at. Eventually they will die anyway, and I will most likely kill them with a move that is not Forward air.

at 180+

but I guess not every character is lucario so it might not matter lol.

Steam

Smash Hero
I could never really wrap my mind around Zelda being better than sheik, let alone being that high on the tier list.
seeing her two spots below lucario always blew my mind. I always saw her as a lucario with no versitilty whatsoever in every aspect.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
That too lol

She's got decent defense, but no real way to exploit that whatsoever (at least not alone anyways, she does a bit better in teams or when she builds an occasional lead with sheik).

And she gets juggled/edgeguarded soooooo hard sometimes >_<

Chuee

Smash Hero
Its Japan bro.
We look at their tier list and are confused, and they probably do the same when looking at ours.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I could never really wrap my mind around Zelda being better than sheik, let alone being that high on the tier list.
She's not, lol. There was clearly a typo involved from the original list to the one posted to the entire smashboards.

Pit is higher in Japan because they have a top level Pit- Masashi and a high level Pit- Earth who clearly show why Pit is better than he is placed on the American tier list.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Uuhhh, lol.
technical difficulty doesn't have anything to do with how good a character is.
If it did ICs would be mid tier since not even the top ice climbers fail CGs all the time.

all that matters is that it's possible and people have shown it (multiple times).
Based on that, then, why would results means anything as far as how good a character is?

seeing her two spots below lucario always blew my mind. I always saw her as a lucario with no versitilty whatsoever in every aspect.
So, you mean, you always saw her as the exact same as Lucario?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Based on that, then, why would results means anything as far as how good a character is?
That's ... kind of the point.
If a character is REALLY good but nobody puts in the effort to play them at a top level that doesn't mean the character is trash. It doesn't change how they're coded into the game. It doesn't change any of their matchups.

As long as it's within reason and not humanly impossible it shouldn't way on the characters potential.

This community puts too much emphasis on results. You didn't see the HD remix community going OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOGMGOMG ZANGIEF SO BORKE when a guy placed first with him at evo last year. People just realized the player was amazing, and was able to overcome the characters faults. If that happened with us people would be raving about how he's top tier for the next year because of that one event.

I'm not saying you shouldn't use results for tier position at all, but you have to know when to stop. :urg:

stingers

Smash Obsessed
and you dont see people going OMGOMGOMGOMG SONIC SO BORKE when there were two placing at MLG. but when you don't see characters place at any tournaments ever, that is a good reason to keep them lower on the tier list. potential is only that, potential. if someone can prove their potential, it makes a good case for that character to rise; until then, it doesn't really matter.

Judo777

Smash Master
Man i still have a REALLY hard time believing that the japanese tier list isn't HEAVILY biased by the concept of favoring camping while at the same time disfavoring how much time they spend in the air.

Like I feel like alot of it is accurate (at least to how I believe the game to be) but littered with that theme.

Meta knight is clearly the best.
Snake and Diddy are close so lets favor who has a stronger camping game. (if those are in that order)
IC's are good no doubt. Olimar and Pit have top notch camp games lol.
Zelda has an alright camp game if used very intelligently. So mid tier.
Then down at the bottom you have to look at Link vs Samus. They both have similar camping ability but Samus spends all freaking day in the air so she loses to air time out. So Link above Samus.

And at the very bottom the character that has no camp game AND spends the whole game in the air Jiggly puff.

Like this post is exaggerated some obviously but I feel like my point isn't too far off the mark.

Steam

Smash Hero
So, you mean, you always saw her as the exact same as Lucario?
Lucario's tools by themselves are kinda meh but he's still successful... he's a pretty versitile and flexible character. And certainly when compared to zelda. I swear zelda is the most linear character in the game lol.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Judo, it's extremely off the mark because time-outs only happen once in a blue moon in Japan.

:059:

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Peach isn't that good. She's pretty slow on the ground, where predictable glide tossing is her only real approach option. Her air speed is OK, and float is a cool gimmick useful for covering options, which is why Peach randomly beats so many high tier characters. Also her jab is STUPID good, which helps.

She'll lose to every character Float isn't super effective against though, since that, and her cool low-percent strings are all she really has. Turnips suck, not killing until 160 sucks, having no reliable strings or kill moves after 100 sucks. Peach players are exceptionally smart and good-looking and still can't place, except for Illmatic who got 13th at WHOBO3 (that might as well have been Game 5 GFs for Peach though seriously).

TL;DR Peach seems really good below 100% but is really bad after. She's completely not threatening at higher percents, where she needs a hard read for almost everything. Also 19th is generous if anything. She belongs in the low part of mid tier with the other one-trick ponies with good jabs, Luigi and Ike.

Maybe Luigi, Ike, and Peach can start a support group for characters that could have been good, but aren't?

Also I've been saying Zelda is a worse Lucario for a long time. A few of their moves even look the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom