• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
@Yink: Yoshi kills pretty easy as well aside from lucario.

And yoshi doesn't have any horrible mu's, his worst are just difficult.

@Chuee: MK isn't that bad, tink is worse. Our hardest is Lucario for sure due to aura, but after that there's no true 2nd or 3rd hardest, it's pretty much a mix up between a good 5ish characters but depends heavily on your playstyle. IMO the next 2 are Wolf then Tink, but after that, it's just meh for us. No one completely shuts us down.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Couple things I wanted to say fore i go 2 sleep.

Foxs' pivot grab has the least amount of ending lag I believe.

X uses dark Sonic.

Wolf-Sheik I have no clue why people say that matchup isn't bad. I played this Wolf guy last month about 20 matches and the MU was pretty near even before I started ftilting every stock and playing super gay.

Now usually I would just consider skill level of my opponent....but in this case it really doesn't matter because ftilt still does 100%+ and doesn't matter who I do it too.

It's so easy I remember looking away and talking about Soul Calibur 2 with somebody while I was still ftilt locking.

Fox and Wolf are both easy for Sheik imo. Also very similar. Annoying as ****, hard to catch, both have good bairs for spacing, both can camp.......but then I just get one ftilt and its ggs.

But whatever I guess 100% moves don't really matter?????????????

Also Coney has the most amazing Gifs ever like really that dood is Godly with the Gifs.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I dunno name searching is kinda silly sometimes, I mean if I just drop Nick Riddle , Allied , Praxis , Masky or something like that people will search come here and then be like wut?

Anyways lets talk about...Captain Falcon.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lolol you guys. Poltergust was right, pivot was a typo. I was just trolling after that.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Ya'll forget Rich Brown in the top 10's talk. Atomsk isnt necessarily a shoe in.

M2K, ally, tyrant, dehf, TKD, Rich, ESAM, Lee, Anti, Gnes, adhd (I know thats 11, thats how tough the top 10 is). Id say he fits in more with Mike, Havok, Nairo, etc.

Also TKD + Trevonte + NAKATs results are waaaay more impressive than any number of wolf mains, and TKD definitely has the best between any singular wolf or fox. Not that Kain, etc havent done impressive stuffs, but its not the same level of work.

Marth and Wario are safer characters than Oli and Pika. I think Pika's range will always hold him back. Olimar I think he's not bad, but there are some traits of his involving attacks that people haven't abused fully imo. I also think his reliance on proper Pikmin formation (along with luck of the draw concerning Pikmin colors) is a noticeable negative for him.
Doesnt wario have a range issue too? Im sure youre aware there's ways around it :p. I agree with Soren/Blacknight though, those four and maybe snake as well all hold a similar viability. More importantly I think Diddy, Falco, and maaaaybe snake have distinguished themselves from the rest of top tier and likely deserve their own group (even if its within top itself).

S: :metaknight::diddy::falco::snake:

HIGH
A: :marth::pikachu2::warioc::olimar::popo::dedede:

MIDDLE
B: :lucario:/tie/:zerosuitsamus::fox::toonlink::pit: :kirby: :rob::dk2::sonic::wolf::peach:

Some of what I think about where the placements should fall. I don't really know too much on the lower characters besides yoshi, luigi, shielda, ness, etc. being under these in some order. I also couldn't decide between Zss/lucario in terms of whose better so that's a bit of a tie.
Did you forget GW or do you think hes that bad?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Wario gets around his range disadvantage by being incredibly safe on shield, air grab to prevent shield abuse, and by moving through the air with the amount of grace a ballerina wish they had. What does Piakchu do to get around his range problems? Throw Thunderjolts?

Pikachu's range is a problem because he's not very effective at covering that flaw well with other aspects. He's got some strong attributes once he does get in, but it's like a lesser Luigi syndrome. Once you get in, bad things happen to people, but getting in itself is a hard challenge to succeed in.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Its not lacking or having little ability to do so (luigi) so much as the difficulty required to use the tools available. Theres a few things you may or may not be aware of I wont really cover and arent too important on their own but Ill at least mention (amazing spot dodge, great overall speed, QA shenanigans, range is poor but not horrid and pretty good in the air).

But the best way he gets around his range issue is with a very elaborate game of rock-paper-scissors. He doesn't have (more or less) silver bullet approach moves like marths fair, snakes ftilt, or warios (dair?), but he has many more options than a character can cover, even if they try to run away. Obviously this puts pika at greater risk then marths fair, snakes ftilt, etc.; but the payoff is also much greater. The issue of difficulty comes in because you must be aware of most or all of pikas options at any given moment (as well as their technical demands as many are difficult) or risk consistent punishment. It's why the good pikas are usually few and dedicated; while most people suck with pika as they fall in love with a couple of moves that become easily punishable once youre aware of how they can be punished. This is opposed to someone like MK, who has a ton of options but doesnt need to know all of them because theyre mostly unpunishable anyways.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Obviously theres a way to get around all those moves, I just simplified it to death. Its fairly safe on shield though which might have been better to say. I dont really know what snakes approach with when they have to anymore, most of the ones I play usually nade.

etecoon

Smash Hero
snake doesn't have anything that's safeish on the block ala marth's fair or wario's dair, it's just like pikachu. RPS, huge reward if you succeed, huge punishment if you fail.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
I wouldn't say really good. The only moves he has with good range are fsmash and dtilt. Uair too I guess.

Allied

Smash Master
I dunno name searching is kinda silly sometimes, I mean if I just drop Nick Riddle , Allied , Praxis , Masky or something like that people will search come here and then be like wut?

Anyways lets talk about...Captain Falcon.
eat a ****

Orion*

Smash Researcher

5. about the zss point, its funny that you brought that up just now, cus i just got finished watching this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtJa3SVnuCE

[/COLOR]
Not to take away anything from either player, because they are both amazing

But seibrik missed WAY to many punishes....:urg:

on his last stock when he just stayed grounded and shield camped and reacted faster he did a lot better.

note that like 99% of the time he got hit was because he tried to jump rofl

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It is in Phase 2 right now

... I don't know what Phase 2 means for the project though LOL

I'm thinking in a month or so? There wasn't a set deadline, but a little broader guideline on when to get done with everything.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Oh man, I can't wait for all the hate thats going to come with the MU chart lol
We'll see. Tbh at first I thought everyone was just gonna low-ball everything. But that didn't happen nearly as badly as I imagined.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
/so late

Oreo, I use default Sonic for tournament matches. Occassionally yellow for Super Sonic or black for Shadow.

But I'm a default Sonic user.

Coney

Smash Master
i predict some outrage on the MU chart, if only from the usual reps of characters (sfp for zss, chuee for lucas, every Goddamn yoshi ever for yoshi, etc) that post here

most of my numbers were good though, the rest of you fellas are on your own

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom